|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Event Deck||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara||Common|
Combos Browse all
Relic of Progenitus
: Target player removes a card in his or her graveyard from the game.
, Remove Relic of Progenitus from the game: Remove all graveyards from the game. Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||NOGzFTW , KillDatBUG , Sparky41 , asceveris , golgarigirl , Paradise_Collectibles , Wolfninja , thetechzombie , Swamy , philktoken8998 , brokendwarf , DrLitebur , rockleemyhero , buildingadeck , ApocTroll , 2austin5 , cryptoplasm , awalloftext , mcstang1986 , Dawnsly , the.beanpole , sonnet666 , abby315 , , TheAlmostHero , fireborne1986 , DevoidMage|
Relic of Progenitus Discussion
19 hours ago
nice elf build! just gonna add my 2 cents here; you run only 18 lands and have 11 non creature spells. Wouldn't cutting 1 Cavern of Souls keep you from drawing a hand where your only land is a cavern?
IMO craterhoof behemoth seems to work better with Chord of Calling, which I think your deck is good without. I wouldn't cut Lead the Stampede, as lead can help you fill your hand, and is also a good way to spend the insane amounts of mana you get from running harvest season.
because you're running lead and coco, using Pithing Needle and Relic of Progenitus may not work out very well. Both of them will get sent to the bottom as they are not creatures. instead, Phyrexian Revoker and Scavenging Ooze may be better alternatives, as they are creatures. If money doesn't stop you, then Spellskite is a good way to redirect some spells.
That took longer than I thought it would, anywho, interesting deck! +1 :)
1 day ago
Also in terms of sideboard you want to be able to hate on other matchups. Rest in Peace, Grafdigger's Cage, and Relic of Progenitus enable graveyard hate for the dredge matchup. Leyline of Sanctity for burn. Keep Mirran Crusader but cut the other knights, Odric, Lunarch Marshal is personal preference. As is Stony Silence is a staple of white sideboards. And then from there prioritize removal and converting to aggro. Cast Out for removal, and Mirran Crusader for aggro.
5 days ago
How about, instead of one Kari Zev's Expertise, a Shattering Spree a Noxious Revival and a Batterskull for four Relic of Progenitus in the sideboard to beat storm, dredge and any other graveyard decks floating around, as it is very hard for them to come back from that, and if it isn't as good as you want it to be, it always cantrips.
1 week ago
Tormod's Crypt - Not strong enough. I used Relic of Progenitus before Rest in Peace was printed and eventually replaced Relic with RIP. In games where grave-hate is absolutely needed, I want the graveyards to be empty and stay that way.
Flagstones of Trokair - Useless. It does absolutely nothing while it waits to be destroyed. I have ZERO interest in it.
1 week ago
Geth, Lord of the Vault & Nemesis of Reason are really good in this sort of build. Also as someone who regualrly runs mill in a varied meta if you ever come across a reanimator or some of the izzet storms deck you will want some sort of graveyard hate in case you mill them into a win. Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus (usually better) can work really well to allow you to choose when their graveyards are working against you. Another graveyard hate option they can't prevent is Bojuka Bog.
1 week ago
I swapped Relic of Progenitus for Nihil Spellbomb. I hadn't thought of the downside of relic. I think I'm gonna drop Painful Truths as well. I had it in my Jund sb but in 2 colors it's not worth it. I'll will go with Read the Bones instead. Thanks for the suggestions.
1 week ago
Cards i would cut and some replacement suggestions:
- Soul's Attendant: doesn't advance board state. Elvish Mystic.
- Essence Warden: ibid. Llanowar Elves
- Angel of Jubilation: really difficult mana base to achieve on turn 4. Trostani, Selesnya's Voice.
- Tolsimir Wolfblood: not enough impact late game. Angel of Sanctions
- Privileged Position: wipes should be your main worry and concern Fresh Meat.
- Collective Blessing: how can you be reliably sure there will be enough creatures to take advantage of this?
- Night Soil better of just running Tormod's Crypt or Relic of Progenitus token synergy notwithstanding.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: too mana hungry. Needs to just be lower in expense. How about Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
- Garruk Wildspeaker: planeswalkers are notoriously fragile. He ramps on turn 4 but i'd rather have a Explosive Vegetation or a Cultivate honestly with the mana problems this deck has.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter he's not bad I'd just find another way to draw cards. Maybe Slate of Ancestry.
- Champion of Lambholt you could use some more lower cmc token producers in place of these. You have a lot of cards that make tokens better early on which doesnt do you any good with no tokens. Maybe Awakening Zone.
Try some of the weird new embalm stuff from amonkhet as well. Can help you recover from boardwipes and utilize your left over doubling seasons etc.
1 week ago
If you want to go mill, you're much much better of going Dimir. Monoblue misses out on Glimpse the Unthinkable, Mind Funeral, Crypt Incursion and all the black removal effects. Second off, you don't have some of the best staples for mill even in blue. Archive Trap and Visions of Beyond are two of the only good reasons to play a mill deck at all, to not play them is practically suicidal. Finally, the sideboard makes no sense here. When would you ever want to side in sunscorched desert? When could that possibly ever be a good idea? You want graveyard hate in the sideboard instead. If you were playing black, you would get stuff like Nihil Spellbomb, Crypt Incursion and Ravenous Trap. Instead you'll have to settle for something like Relic of Progenitus. But you at least need something.