|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Nonartifact spells you cast have improvise. (Your artifacts can help cast those spells. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for .)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||ZombieFood , Lindough , acbooster , Nemesis , Regulus1010 , Nebman227 , Snydog17 , frederiklw , Venser_the_Sojoner , thetechzombie , KB2187 , ecurps , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , the.beanpole , Vasbear1 , Xikitten123 , davidmassee , meowCat1234 , Daddy1ong1egs13 , LegendDeer , mazrimtaim , philktoken8998 , PTsmitty , TheAnnihilator , saj0219 , MattN7498 , silvereh , golgarigirl , VoidCaster113|
Inspiring Statuary Discussion
14 hours ago
I'll see what I can do with it though. I may run Disk anyway since, again, having Avacyn makes it one sided.
23 hours ago
Fatal Push can kill Gleaming Barrier but also does a lot more. But if it's just about killing your own artifacts, these are some other options:
- Makeshift Munitions
Also a side note: Inspiring Statuary would effectively let you use treasures for mana without sacrificing them (so you can save them until Marionette Master comes out).
4 days ago
i would also add these :
- Consecrated Sphinx , Jushi Apprentice , Kefnet the Mindful , Psychic Spiral , Mind's Dilation , Inspiring Statuary , Displacement Wave , Displacement Wave.
Since the deck is pretty late game, u could use some bord wipes.. untill u are able to get your commander into play (sometimes it happens, that u need to wait about 10 turns to get your commander into play.. So u have to at least be able to drop some of the oponents creatures to their hands.)
1 week ago
Pirates looks to have two possible builds: Treasure-Combo or a more aggressive combat-centric deck. I'd be inclined to focus on one over the other. Right now it's a little split between the two which is giving it that "Jack-of-all, Master-of-None" feel.
Focusing on the Revel in Riches win condition, you can utilize the creation and sacrifice of artifacts as the main mechanic of your deck.
- Marionette Master allows you to deal 4 damage to each opponent with the sacrifice of each Treasure.
- Disciple of the Vault, Underhanded Designs, and Reckless Fireweaver or often ignored because of the meager amounts of damage they deal, which adds up over time or when you burst out a handful of treasures a turn.
- Quicksmith Genius is a favorite of mine, allowing you to "rummage" away late-game lands or dig for Revel whenever you create a treasure.
- Cranial Plating can leverage your treasure count to boost your attack power.
- Pirate's Pillage is a good treasure generator.
- Time Sieve let's you buy a whole new turn with 5 treasures.
- Inspiring Statuary let's you effectively tap your treasure for mana without having to sac them.
- Never underestimate people's willingness to cash in on a Curse of Opulence. It may not make treasures, but the Gold will synergize with all the other pieces of this build.
- Confirm Suspicions similarly creates Clues. Not synergistic with Revel, but great with these other mechanics... and well... they draw cards!
- Hellkite Igniter can pump for hilarious amounts of damage depending on your treasure count.
- Herald of Anguish can fling treasure at smaller utility creatures or several treasure to bring down huge creatures. He also has improvise and discard. He's kind of nuts.
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Tezzeret the Seeker , Tezzeret, Master of Metal, Tezzeret the Schemer and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Daretti, Scrap Savant all synergize with expendable and numerous artifacts.
Focusing more on leveraging Admiral Beckett Brass's abilities we could go with more of an aggressive build. Since the pirate tribe is on the weaker side combat-wise, you're going to want combat buffs and lots of evasion.
- Urabrask the Hidden is great at getting in some quick damage and makes it difficult for your opponents to mount a defense. Doesn't synergize perfectly with Raid since they don't like haste, but it's worthwhile to keep everyone's shields down.
- Siren Stormtamer is an evasive early-game creature that allows you to trigger early game raid, counts for Admiral's ability and can save her from removal.
- Taurean Mauler counts as a pirate and can get HUGE.
- Dire Fleet Ravager is good start on reducing life totals. You're going to have more creatures than your opponents, and they're going to need to deal with his menace body, which means you're less at risk from losing life to his ability.
- Dire Fleet Poisoner might as well give one of your guys unblockable, as people will rarely want to trade down with a Pirate.
- Coastal Piracy is on flavor but Bident of Thassa is an upgrade.
- Kari Zev, Skyship Raider has menace and first strike. She may require some equipment to abuse her first-strike ability. But the menace will allow you to get damage through consistently.
- Vanquisher's Banner gives your team a mild boost coupled with some card draw.
- Similarly Herald's Horn can draw you extra pirates and makes them cheaper.
- It works great with Heirloom Blade, a card that gives you a pirate back when your pirate dies! Also +3/+1 for 1 to equip is pretty dang good for an aggro deck.
- Kindred Discovery is an insane draw-engine especially in a deck that likes to attack.
- Archetype of Imagination is a possible candidate for making your team unblockable.
Good In both Builds
- Deadeye Tracker is great at dealing with cards in graveyards, something that every EDH deck should have to combat those powerful reanimator, dredge, and combo decks out there. Additionally, this guy can grow or draw cards doing so... which is all upside.
- Deadeye Navigator can allow you to trigger Raid or create treasures repeatedly for a mere 1U. He scales in effectiveness with however many Raid and ETB effect guys you end up with. Similarly Conjurer's Closet and Panharmonicon can lean you towards a more ETB-centric build using Raid to pad out your other options.
Determining what to cut would involve going "All-in" on one of the mechanics, and effectively removing the other.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Playtesting this I have some suggestions for it if interested. Your wincon is a 6 drop-Which means you either need to stall out your opponents plans through the late game, or get there faster than your opponent.
Your land pool has 7 tapped lands and 2 tapped artifacts. Playing 2 colors, fetid pools is ideal for cycling. Which is best in a more controlling deck. Go to 4 Drowned Catacomb here and add a Swamp. Evolving wilds are also a tapped land good for mana fixing and triggering revolt in the late game for a key fatal push. With treasures and only 2 colors, you dont need them and they slow down your plays. I am not sold on Renegade Map and Traveler's Amulet here either, but with all the other tap lands slowing things down I cant get a good enough read to make suggestions one way or another. I would mai lay suggest going to 23-24 lands and using those spaces for better board presence.
4 tTezzeret the Schemer is 1 to many. You dont want a 4 drop on your opening hand unless it is a perfect draw. This is a mid game play and the space again can be used by something to effect board pressence.
Through my own testing, Hornswoggle was to expensive and caused a lot of problems. The treasure is nice but having Essence Scatter in hand means turn 2 disruption on faster decks. Also, provided your sanctuaries dont stay on the field, you can use more mana on turn for your spells.
Inspiring Statuary has to pull a lot of weight in this deck as it sits. You have a lot of cards that arent ideal for competitive play that if you have improvise, are doable. Pirate's Prize is one of these, 4 drop sorcery means it takes up a turn almost completely without sanctuary. Perhaps drop 2 and add in an instant speed. Hieroglyphic Illumination will provide a cycling option if you are in a game where you just cant swing its cost. Lastly, Bontu's Last Reckoning side board this card. Its great against very few decks. Decks with creatures bigger than 3 toughness, without recursion. So pretty much every top deck right now will work around it quicker than you can recover from tapping down a turn. Yahenni's Expertise is ideal for most games and is great for the main board as a 2-4 Of.Other than that, you have 4x 3-drops and 4x 6-drops for creatures.
Then you have 2x 3-drop and 1x 5 drop for counters.
You need to be one or their other until you get the deck rolling.
Aggro and midrange are all the rage right now.
1 week ago
Trading Post is a good sac outlet for you. Sac some artifacts for some cards. Sylvok Replica, Nihil Spellbomb, Burnished Hart, and Solemn Simulacrum are all some artifacts that can be sacked and re used for value. Inspiring Statuary will turn all of your artifacts into rocks for your non-artifact spells. Will help you cast you big stuff like Worst Fears.
1 week ago
ellie-is I definitely feel like more card draw would help. Depending on the overall curve, it could be achieved with 17 or 18 swamps with card draw and ramp. The deck looks like it should be built as some in-between of affinity and ad nauseam modern decks.