|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost. You may repeat this process any number of times.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||jdwork , Pro_Noob , Melmo , Fineontheoutside , techneil , Noobly , Sparky41 , , rkarhade97 , CAPT.Shock , jrschnoebelen|
|Want (50)||Coopenhagen , Hopper_2011 , jeanbern , sirvezathebrave , beefx , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , zn.tportlock , marsp44 , tahavin , ccomet , phoere , Omen124 , Mousemke , CryAll , wlbreda , RNG , mango_channel , Crazymadhatter , mrfab13 , fantasylogic , rayzoredge , TheFanatic , thegreatj03 , rerikson , XXXSALVATI0NXXX , Georgez96 , WarIsHats , Viper_3000 , automaticgrady , notsaying , swampy5 , SweetMermaidPuss , Dudecore , 1337_Nerd , DPhoenix , Rev0388 , NivStormfront , myrmyr , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , vaerth , FF42 , MADMatt7777 , f1freaK , buildingadeck , doonmeister , impropriety , XVicarious , magnoz , davir , mafmatician|
Ad Nauseam Discussion
9 hours ago
All those suggestions for cuts are great to consider! I appreciate it greatly!
- I will implement the swap from Reclamation Sage to Apprentice Necromancer to try it out again, you are right that he has been a bit too slow for high paced games anymore as I do tend to rely on Nature's Claim nowadays or even Krosan Grip/Abrupt Decay.
- I can agree on testing out Hope of ghiraphur in replacement for Autumn's Veil as well as Culling the Weak for Angel's Grace. I haven't been able to use the Angel's Grace fully as always I just go straight for the Ad Nauseam.
- I will however keep Birthing Pod there is no way to abuse the infinite and untap itself, but it does threaten a win on the spot, there are a couple ways and it all flows within the deck. Mainly it is the win condition with my commander as well as any 3 cmc goes to Academy Rector, 2 cmc goes to Saffi/Renegade line, 1 cmc goes to Grand Abolisher, 0 cmc goes to sac outlet. It does hurt the curve being at 4cmc but it's worth it to win.
Thanks for the feedback and I will add in changes once I get the foils xD
18 hours ago
I will try to give suggestions on cutting cards from your deck, oh man it won't be easy:
About Apprentice Necromancer - Faerie Macabre (and other powerful GY hate spells) is a nasty thing, without a doubt, for a deck which uses graveyard for all those engines, chains and piles. But if you play reanimator deck in GY hate heavy meta, then you should be ready for things like that, and play around it. The resolution of Apprentice Necromancer ability can be disrupted (like almost any other spell/ability), but when it will resolve, you will be glad that you have him in the deck. So, what to cut? I would easily cut Reclamation Sage for Apprentice, cuz I think that Sage is really slow as an answer in fast combo decks and hurts more when you fetch it with Ad Nauseam. Another option, and maybe it will surprise you, but I would consider cutting Birthing Pod. I think its pretty slow and situational. And I don't see any chains with it, that can untap it for repeatable activations, or maybe I just don't see it. In case you don't want to lose the sac outlet, consider using Blasting Station instead, it fulfils the same role, and if you crack Hulk with it and go for your Renegade Rallier + Saffi Eriksdotter line, you will win on the spot.
Hope of Ghirapur/Blood Pet - candidates for cut: I agree with you about Krosan Grip, I would definitely cut it, but maybe you should leave this cut for Assassin's Trophy? Autumn's Veil is another card that I would cut for Hope or BPet.
Mana Vault - cutting lands is a painful process. To determine whether it is worth it or not is possible only in the process of many tests, so go ahead and try.
Culling the Weak - how about to cut Angel's Grace? Just try to remember how often you had to cast this spell? Whether it was always helpful sitting in your hand, and how often you used a tutor to fetch it?
Well, I ran out of ideas. Hope all this will help to make some decisions.
1 day ago
I love good reanimator decks, so +1 from me!
Here are some suggestions that You can consider:
- Apprentice Necromancer - at first glance, this card seems slow, but given that we can sacrifice Rector and Hulk with his ability right out of the GY makes him a decent tool. I run this guy in both my reanimator decks with Hulk, Rector and Razaketh and it is always useful.
- Hope of Ghirapur - after several tests I found out that Hope is a greate anticontroll card, and it has a powerful synergy with Pattern of Rebirth. Actually, there is another creature which loves to be enchanted with Pattern - Blood Pet
- Mana Vault - a decent ramp card for playing key cards of the deck like: Ad Nauseam, Buried Alive, Pattern of Rebirth, Natural Order, Birthing Pod, Academy Rector, Karmic Guide, Reveillark and Protean Hulk ASAP.
- Culling the Weak - powerful ramp card and a great sac outlet for Hulk and Rector, in some situations can save your key creatures from exiling
- Have you considered Recruiter of the Guard? It seems like he can fetch a lot of your stuff, and maybe even create some chains.
- Also, why do you use Zulaport Cutthroat over Blood Artist, is it because Artist targets a player? Artist seems better, because it prevents your opponents from winning with their recursion loops.
6 days ago
I don't understand how something can be both "not oppressive at all", while simultaneously oppressing some of the most competitive Commanders and staples in cedh.
Hypotheticals like "dies to chain of vapor" aren't a sufficient rebuttal for or against General's power, or in this case, oppression. You could quite literally use that for every single General on this list. You may as well just say "lol dies2doomblade."
I think SynergyBuild scratched the surface of the list of Non-creature spells greater than , and Noncreature spells with in their cost. And even then it's a pretty good indicator of Gaddock's potential.
Taking a look at Kess Storm we have to assess, it shuts off 2/3 win conditions leaving LabMan as its only out - Mind's Desire and Aetherflux Reservoir, while also shutting down enablers like Ad Nauseam or Gush, tutors like Dark Petition, and Force of Will.
It also shuts off Paradox Engine which is also worth noting.
And when we consider all of that, we're comparing Kess - a Max-Power general vs Gaddock Teeg - one who is currently two tiers below Kess in "High Power". A fool would make the case that Mr. No should be considered for Max Power - I'm not that fool.
I am however contending that it's stronger than you're realizing, and perfectly viable for Tier 3: High Power, if not Tier 2, for the reasons stated above.
6 days ago
1 week ago
Hey man, very interesting deck. I love the Orzhov colors, there's so much you can do with them!
Clearly you've got some serious life gain in the deck, so have you considered Rhox Faithmender as another option for doubling up? I use to have an Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim deck and used Wall of Blood with Rhox for some silly life gain.
If you feel you've got too much life, which is a problem I see myself having all of the time, why not spend that on cards? Necropotence is love. Necropotence is life. Another fun usage of your life total is Ad Nauseam. I coupled this with Sickening Dreams and Angel's Grace. Kind of a weird combo, but it was fun to do.
For another way to make lifegain an offensive tool, consider Vizkopa Guildmage.
Again, great deck. Thanks for linking it to me! +1
1 week ago
Yeah there are plenty of lines, but almost 90% of the time you are using all the tutors to grab Ad Nauseam. Necro is the plan B, but it's a damn good plan B that is hard to interact with. Only if the game is drawn out too long or if there are heavy disruption than you switch modes into Necro-Zur.
There are other ways as well, like using Tainted/Consultation Zur if Plan A and B fails. There is a lot of variations, but imo Shimmer Zur is the most resilient and effective. I'm in the process of making a Shimmer Zur deck lol but it will be awhile since I'm missing three cards ^^'
1 week ago
michaelvdhout Carpet checks nonbasics with the island land type, Hushwing Gryff affects ETB's, not cast triggers like Paradox Engine, Ethersworn Canonist shuts down 14 out of the 18 tier 1 lists's combos, as long as it sticks.
I will admit, the list thaqt is up there isn't my favorite, and I have argued repeatedly with biopouvoir over some of the card choices, but respect the list there enough to understand its power level. It is very good, not as you state. My personal list is Sisay Primer (Stax-Combo), it explains all of the card choices and even how to play the deck.
I'll admit you are right, Kess can be a bit of a glass cannon, and even with all of the great interaction, when your Chain of Vapor gets Mental Misstepped as they draw their card off of a cantrip on an empty library and a Laboratory Maniac, all off of a Demonic Consultation and Kess, Dissident Mage turn 3, with no one else having up a removal spell, the deck wins.
It wins off of speed and consistency of combo alone, and though like you, I was suspicious of it in comparison to its Grixis Twin counterpart, I played against it multiple times, and was sometimes thoroughly crushed, It is just a really fast deck at what it does, and unlike some decks, it gets its combo, it isn't a maybe, it will get it. (I mean technically it is a maybe, but the deck runs so much to get the combo, and has such a stupidly good commander for the job it almost always has the combo.)
Also, there are two decks located under Kess, of which are Consulation, the deck you complained about, but also a really efficient Kess Storm deck. I like both, but Kess Storm is actually my favorite, despite me thinking it to be worse than Consultation in terms of consistency, however Dark Ritualing, then recasting it from the graveyard to get 5 black on turn 4, after you cast Kess, Dissident Mage off of a 2 CMC Rock, previously countering spells and/or removing stuff, then casting an Ad Nauseam, winning the game off of a 5 mana draw 30 or something stupid xD. It is great.
Also, asking others to do research for you, when you haven't done a ton is a little rude.