If a source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals triple that damage to that permanent or player instead.
|Have (2)||, FSims81|
|Want (2)||Emerza ,|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2021 (M21)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fiery Emancipation Discussion
4 days ago
I really like Oketra's Monument in here. I would probably drop Fiery Emancipation (this may move too far away from your commander's activated ability being a primary strategy) and go with an anthem strategy overall as you acquire cards to slot in. Glorious Anthem, Gaea's Anthem, Dictate of Heliod, and, Beastmaster Ascension would all be solid in here. Other targets for removal for me would be Commander's Insignia and True Conviction. True Conviction can be great, but it seems a bit win more as opposed to just going wide and pumping through anthems. Beyond those, if you do lean into the anthem strategy, consider Mirari's Wake, Force of Virtue (can be a fun free play), Collective Blessing, and Spear of Heliod. You might even consider Intangible Virtue.
Have you considered Strionic Resonator to copy your commander's triggers?
Card draw seems light. Just some various options: Runic Armasaur, Mind's Eye, The Immortal Sun (anthem as well), Shamanic Revelation or Collective Unconscious, and, if you want to play in further on tokens, Ulvenwald Mysteries.
I agree on getting the token doublers in here and I also agree they are pricey :). A more budget option would be Second Harvest.
For win-cons, if you decide to switch to a Timmy approach, Craterhoof Behemoth is an obvious choice, and Thunderfoot Baloth would also fit nicely. With all your anthems (assuming you go that route), Humility would certainly be fun. Doesn't see much play, but a janky win con requiring setup is pairing Touch of the Eternal with enchantment destruction on the last end step before your turn, plus you usually want some protection in there. Like I said, a lot of setup :).
1 week ago
Sorry to bombard with comments but someone giving a swing at samurai in commander deserves mad respect. Look into Fiery Emancipation. It's a murderer in basically any deck with red, and with double combat phases... That's like x6 damage.
1 week ago
So the changes have been made. Here's what I decided:
1) Easily, Atarka, World Render improves the 99 by replacing Rampaging Brontodon. The double strike-enabling for dragons is more valuable than the power toughness buff of Rampaging Brontodon's attack trigger.
2) Questing Beast replaces Vivien's Arkbow. Vivien's Arkbow requires a lot of resources and the deck seems smoother with Questing Beast in its place. Questing Beast is too good to not be included in the deck.
3) Savage Ventmaw replaces Mana Geyser. I actually prefer Savage Ventmaw over Kozilek, Butcher of Truth in this spot. Without any of the spells that used to be included with the previously discussed token package, keeping Mana Geyser in the deck seemed to be an oversight. Savage Ventmaw's attack trigger will help mitigate the loss of this ramp spell.
4) Deflecting Swat replaces Chord of Calling. Chord of Calling is more difficult to cast without the presence of token creatures to help convoke it. In this exchange, a premium for protection was eye-balled. Unfortunately, a copy of Heroic Intervention currently is unavailable, but Deflecting Swat is a great runner-up!
5) I will continue to play-test and game-play with Lurking Predators. In the current deck list it replaces Gratuitous Violence, which was going to be replaced by Fiery Emancipation. This is a work in progress, as Gratuitous Violence has been a great card in the deck for me for a while. I'm open-minded, however, and will continue to give Lurking Predators a chance.
6) Lastly, Inkmoth Nexus is out and Field of Ruin is in. Inkmoth Nexus will find residence in another EDH/Commander deck. Its ability is rarely activated, if ever, by me in this deck. As such, substituting a more helpful land like Field of Ruin and its Maze of Ith-destroying capabilities seems like an easy swap.
And that's the way the news goes. I look forward to continue play-testing and game-playing Xenagos, God of Revels.
1 week ago
It is a fun little card. I'm sorry I could not suggest a cut for it; this deck is rather different from any one that I play. One more suggestion, for shits and giggles. Fiery Emancipation is triple red and six mana, but it's effect is incredibly powerful in a hard hitting deck like this one. Do you think it's worth considering?
2 weeks ago
Don't know if you've updated since core set 2021, but Fiery Emancipation would be perfect in this deck
2 weeks ago
24 Jul 2020
After 8 months and a few sets later decided to update the deck:
2 weeks ago
I find it hard to justify Guardian Project, Rhonas's Monument, and The Great Henge, as my deck only truly has 26 creature cards, with a lot of token value being from sorceries or enchantments. I actually own all three of these cards but just didn't find much effective value in them, as their utility in practice just wasn't quite where I wanted them. Of the 26 nontoken creatures in the deck, not all are green. The great henge is also too expensive to use as early game ramp, and my deck has plenty ways of generating mana. I'd love to hear some counter-arguments for it though.
As for Risk Factor, I doubt the other players would rather let me draw three cards, rather than take 4 damage, which is very little in commander. I don't think I'd get what I'd want very much.
2 weeks ago
DeinoStinkus besides being the new hotness what is the argument for Fiery Emancipation? It feels like a win-more card to me. Given that your average game lasts about 8-12 turns by the you would be able to cast and profit the game is probably close to decided. Risk Factor and Browbeat I like the idea of though.