Not legal in any format
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion
Dreamstone Hedron Discussion
2 days ago
3 days ago
Hey there, saw the video Muddstah did featuring your deck. I am long time Boros player myself so I had a few questions about some cards in your deck. How have Dreamstone Hedron, Raging River, and Thran Temporal Gateway performed for you? Raging seems interesting, had never thought about it. Also wondering if Dreamstone is worth the 6 cmc slot. Also Impact Resonance seems interesting, something I might consider for my sunforger decks.
In the video a Homeward Path would have been really helpful. I can confirm that with these large creature decks you really want to have that in there.
Anyway, Id love to hear your thoughts on the deck, whats working, whats not.
You can check out some of my Aurelia decks right here if youd like.
1 month ago
Cut Dreamstone Hedron. Same CMC, but you don't need the ramp that badly, I think.
When I'm looking for a cut, I just play the deck with that in mind. When you get a dead draw, that should be sideboarded and you can experiment with your new card
That's just my 2 cents.
2 months ago
I see most of the key Eldrazi you're trying to get out are good because of the, "when you cast". Perhaps Dreamstone Hedron instead of Planar Bridge, which would nullify that effect from your big bois.? Might as well just cast them sooner and get the effects.
2 months ago
Hope you don't mind some suggestions from ya boi Owen. I've looked thoroughly through your list and have some ideas to propose to you. Totally up to you whether or not to use these cards (I won't be offended either way- at the end of the day this still looks like a solid, fun list!). But here are some suggestions:
Replace some of the counterspells: I've noticed you've put a lot of counters in here. This is good- make sure people can't achieve their wincons. But 19 might be a little too much- mono blue can work very effectively with just 10 counterspells (especially with the draw and topdeck manipulation you will be able to achieve with this deck). Here are in my opinion the top ten best budget counterspells: Arcane Denial, Swan Song, Counterspell, Mana Leak, Foil, Pact of Negation, Summary Dismissal, Disallow, Muddle the Mixture, Condescend. And of course you have access to Mana Drain which could easily replace any counter out of the ones I just listed. Even if you want to stay at 19 counters, I would highly recommend taking out Annul, Ceremonious Rejection, Essence Scatter, and Spell Shrivel to put in cards like Swan Song, Arcane Denial, and Foil.
Draw Spells: You've got good stuff in here like Pull from Tomorrow and Stroke of Genius, but sometimes paying X every time you want to draw cards can be a bit too much (especially when you are trying to cast high cost Sphinxes). I'd recommend removing Stroke of Genius, Fact or Fiction, and Fortune's Favor to put in Frantic Search, Dig Through Time, and Paradoxical Outcome. Frantic Search lets you untap lands, Dig Through Time is just too good, and Paradoxical Outcome can let you net mana off of bouncing Sol Ring while also letting you get more ETB effects off of your replayed creatures. For strong early game draw, I'd recommend removing Braingeyser to fit in Mystic Remora.
Ramp: Since your average CMC of the deck is 3.48 and blue gives very little access to land ramp like green, you'll need to back that up with a buttload of artifact ramp. You need to put in Thran Dynamo, Mind Stone, and Sapphire Medallion. They will help you a LOT. Having Dreamstone Hedron, Everflowing Chalice, and Caged Sun in here addition to the other artifact ramp will definitely give you an edge over other players in mana. Also I'd recommend putting in at least 3 more islands.
Acid Rain: This card makes me lol against mono green players. It seems entertaining but may be a useless draw when playing against decks that don't run green. Or even if they do run green it could be something like my Surrak Dragonclaw deck that only runs a few forests with most everything else being nonbasics that don't have forest type like Karplusan Forest. Due to this, if you want to put in some land hate, run Frozen AEther. People will hate you but it's not too mean and it certainly puts you ahead and gains you even more counterspell advantage.
Sphinxes: Here are some Sphinxes I've found that I think would really do you a lot of work and versatility in this deck: Guardian of Tazeem, Chancellor of the Spires, Sphinx Ambassador, and Deadeye Navigator. Yeah, I know the Navigator isn't a Sphinx but he can blink your Sphinxes to get their ETB effects as well as Unesh's trigger. Endless value for only 2 mana.
Target Removal: I would recommend taking out a couple counterspells in order to fit in Reality Shift, Rapid Hybridization, Pongify, AEtherspouts, or AEtherize. These cards have insane value. Everyone expects a counterspell, but nobody expects their Pathbreaker Ibex to suddenly become a 3/3 Pepe the frog at the end of main phase.
The Immortal Sun. This card would do wonders for this deck- you saw first hand how well it worked on Saturday night. Imagine James trying to play that goddamn Teferi, Temporal Archmage with Immortal Sun out. Glorious.
Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds. Think about these two for a second. They come into play, you sac them and go fetch and island and put the island into play tapped. Your deck is mono blue- so the only thing you can fetch with these is a basic island. If you just replace these with basic islands they'll come in untapped.
Anywho- those are my recommendations! Hope they help and I'm really looking forward to seeing you play this deck! Sorry I went into so much gross detail about my suggestions but I really do love looking through lists and then writing about them.
3 months ago
Hey, I like the idea for the deck!
I can't think of too many additional ways of cheating things in, but there's some ramp and cost reduction that could be added to the deck!
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Sword of the Animist
- Belbe's Portal
- Cryptic Gateway
- Semblance Anvil
- Spawnsire of Ulamog
- Terrain Generator
These could help you either get more mana to cast your cards earlier, or just get your creatures out earlier! I'm not sure if all of them could fit into the deck, but maybe there's something that you missed.
4 months ago
Cards that I run in my LG deck: Bident of Thassa to make someone attack into locust chumps, which double on your turn.
Nin, the Pain Artist is only ok for targeted removal but can also turn one locust into many.
I also use the artifacts mentioned above, including Dreamstone Hedron.
on Oloro Stuff
4 months ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.