|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||ironax , Lucretian , Psycheretic , raymaverick97 , Dr_Jay , pokemate0 , Falte , almeidafabio , darthnuchi , GeminiSpartanX , pskinn01 , Yawkcorb , , , angesoir , duff87 , PTsmitty|
Dreamstone Hedron Discussion
2 days ago
Cards that I run in my LG deck: Bident of Thassa to make someone attack into locust chumps, which double on your turn.
Nin, the Pain Artist is only ok for targeted removal but can also turn one locust into many.
I also use the artifacts mentioned above, including Dreamstone Hedron.
on Oloro Stuff
1 week ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
3 weeks ago
The first card that comes to mind is Yahenni, Undying Partisan; it's a step toward the speed problem and not enough fatty problem, and fits the sac theme if you decide that. Sometimes to speed up your game, you have to slow down your opponent with Frozen AEther, Urabrask the Hidden, Baral's Expertise (which speeds you up as well), Vandalblast, Static Orb, etc. Beside that, there's ramp and sneaking in cards to really speed up your game. Consider Sneak Attack or Quicksilver Amulet, Deathrender or Clone Shell; also consider rocks like Commander's Sphere, Dreamstone Hedron, Hedron Archive, Heartstone/ Carnival of Souls for unearth, Semblance Anvil and Nightscape Familiar. There's also cards that help your opponent as well, but if you've more value it could work: Mana Flare, Dream Halls, Braids, Conjurer Adept.
Situations where you're in a stahlwart, loosing, and have huge problems, are different from situation where you're at parity and have equal footing. At parity, card advantage and evasion rule. Chariot of Victory and Haunted Cloak, Archetype of Endurance/ Archetype of Aggression/ Filth/ Wonder/ Brawn, Hot Soup/ Deepfathom Skulker/ Whispersilk Cloak, maybe Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm, all of these can help close a game. This deck needs much more draw, especially with some discard outlets you have. Cards like Arcanis/ Humble Defector (good unearth target), Skullclamp, The Immortal Sun, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Arena, Divination/ Faithless Looting/ Concentrate, Chandra, Flamecaller, Open Into Wonder. If you're loosing, usually board wipes are the best answer. Black Sun's Zenith, Toxic Deluge, Archfiend of Depravity, Perilous Vault/ Worldfire, All Is Dust, all for dealing with indestructible. You could also add some fatties or deathtouchers like Taurean Mauler, Consuming Aberration, Scourge of Geier Reach, Nighthowler, Ophiomancer, Ogre Slumlord.
It's rather hard to suggest versatile cards without answering direct metas, do you have any specific cards or strategies giving you trouble right now?
For general versatility, there's Rakdos Charm/ Rampaging Ferocidon, Gravepurge/ Footbottom Feast to protect your graveyard, which is rather important in this deck, Thief of Blood/ Vampire Hexmage for atraxa/ planeswalkers. For a combo heavy meta, there's Time Stop/ Summary Dismissal, Torpor Orb/ Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Praetor's Grasp/ Sadistic Sacrament to extract combo pieces. Stranglehold, Defense Grid/ Wild Ricochet (which is a counterspell) for control decks. Clever Impersonator or Phyrexian Metamorph adds a bunch of versatility, maybe some tutors to directly answer something.
For this deck, I would reinforce your themes of mill, reanimation, and draw, and probably add more ramp and board wipes. I personally like ETB/ death triggers over big 'uns and tokens, so that's going to heavily influence my opinion. If you were to go wide, you could add threaten effects and Faerie Artisans to sac them, you could add Genesis Chamber/ Grave Titan/ Wurmcoil Engines/ Spawning Pit for tokens, Dragon Throne of Tarkir for combat tricks. Also, to make the deck stronger, I could point out some of the weaker cards. Like Worn Powerstone, I'd rather add Hedron Archive or Dreamstone Hedron; Star Compass is OK, but I wanted to point it out because it doesn't fix your colors, I'd suggest Realmwright to unearth/ Fellwar Stone; Spell Pierce is not too good in my opinion as is way too easy to pay, I'd rather have Mental Misstep/ Foil; Death's Approach can be replaced with Snuff Out, Sudden Death, Sickening Shoal with all the big creatures you have. You made a lot of good picks though, like Teferi's Veil, Flayer of the Hatebound, Stitch Together, etc., those are rather strong in my opinion.
If I had the commanders or strategies you're facing I think I could answer better, but I hope this helps you take step towards a stronger deck! I'm always here
3 weeks ago
Combo: Basilisk Collar combos with Furnace of Rath and Heartless Hidetsugu for insta-killing everyone. Life gain on other creatures is helpful. Library of Leng is awesome with wheel effects, it lets you keep the cards you want!
Card Advantage: Sunbird's Invocation provides needed card advantage for monoreds. Etali, Primal Storm, Loreseeker's Stone, Seer's Sundial, Arch of Orazca, Sea Gate Wreckage, Magus of the Wheel, Memory Jar, Gamble, Mizzix's MasteryI really think Wheel of Fortune is worth it.
Ramp: Thran Dynamo, Worn Powerstone, Ancient Tomb, Sisay's Ring, Crystal Vein, Dreamstone Hedron, Foriysian Totem, Gauntlet of Power, Gilded Lotus, Koth of the Hammer, maybe Mana Flare on the big turn/finisher
1 month ago
I'll just comment some random stuff
I don't know if Dreamstone Hedron is good ramp either
1 month ago
IN - OUT
- Canopy Vista for Forest
- Dragonskull Summit for Crumbling Necropolis
- Sunpetal Grove for Seaside Citadel
- Cascading Cataracts for Evolving Wilds
- Drowned Catacomb for Swamp
- Quicksilver Amulet for Dreamstone Hedron
- Phyrexian Arena for Frontier Siege
- Kindred Discovery for Fearsome Awakening
- Prismatic Geoscope for Belbe's Portal
- Return to Dust for Fortunate Few
- Exotic Orchard for Island
- Birds of Paradise for Crosis, the Purger
- Selvala, Explorer Returned for Spellbound Dragon
1 month ago
Here are my mana fixers, because if you will be running a lot of equipment, you will need a lot of mana. Academy Ruins Ancient Tomb Azorius Cluestone Buried Ruin Calciform Pools Crystal Vein Deserted Temple Dreamstone Hedron Hedron Archive Inventors' Fair Kjeldoran Outpost Kozilek's Channeler Mage-Ring Network Mind Stone Myriad Landscape Nimbus Maze Opal Palace Palladium Myr Prahv, Spires of Order Renowned Weaponsmith Rogue's Passage Shrine of the Forsaken Gods Sky Diamond Skycloud Expanse Sol Ring Stalking Stones Talisman of Progress Temple of Enlightenment Temple of the False God Thran Dynamo Urza's Mine Urza's Power Plant Urza's Tower Worn Powerstone
1 month ago
Nice deck! It looked so fun, I made my own ;)
Looking at your sideboard, I would definitely add these to your mainboard:
- Trailblazer's Boots to keep your monsters unblockable (especially Blightsteel)
- Quietus Spike deathtouch and massive life reduction
- Voltaic Key to untap a big monster after attacking to block with, or untap a mana rock (BFF's with Basalt Monolith)
Some other neat ideas to consider:
- Bloodforged Battle-Axe, makes copies and copies and copies of itself
- Darksteel Plate
- Hammer of Nazahn, free equip costs + indestructable (and cheaper than the Darksteel Plate)
- Mask of Avacyn
Pristine Talisman seems too expensive for what it does. If you were a lifegain deck, then it might be justified but I think a -cost rock like Mind Stone would do you better. This is probably all personal preference, of course. I also avoid Dreamstone Hedron because when I have 6 mana, there's way better things I want to be casting.
I avoided Lightning Greaves in my Hope deck because Shroud prevents you from equipping anything more to that creature (and my Hope deck is all about equipping my commander). I also skipped out on Whispersilk Cloak for that reason. You're not all-in on equipment here so this might be less of a concern - the Graves are nice on some of your big scary guys.
I avoided the Urza lands because I have such little tutor ability that I wouldn't waste it looking for a land. I figure the odds of me ever getting all 3 Urza lands into play during a game were slim to none, and I'd rather more basics for Strata Scythe.
Similar to my case against the Urza lands, I skipped the Helm of Kaldra, Shield of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra cycle because it'll be a rare event to ever get them all into play. On their own they're each okay, but I have other equipment that does similar things (often for less mana).
I agree with you on Terrain Generator: It's hard to imagine having a hand full of land and nothing else to do that I want to pay to drop another land. I included it in an early list of my own deck but replaced it with another Wastes.
I haven't seen Lifeline before! Looking it up, they changed the ruling so it impacts all players. Still more beneficial to you?
Not of This World seems pretty good, but I wonder if it's too conditional or win-more? I used to run it in an Eldrazi deck I have but I found I spent most of the game with it sitting useless in my hand. It wasn't until later game when I was dropping big scary threats and already ahead that it had any effect. Not a strong opinion here - just feel like most of the time it might be a dead card in hand.
Okay, serious chat time. This is totally just my opinion, feel free to ignore it. But I think TheRedGoat might be right: It feels like you're trying to do two very different strategies at once. The very aggro, cheap-to-cast commander who gets loaded up with equipment and quickly starts applying the commander damage, racing to hit 21. Contrasted against the battlecruiser strat of ramp hard to drop big, scary monsters. Trying to do both at once makes each strategy weaker because you'll regularly run into the wrong cards for what you need. You'll be on turn 2-3, hoping to equip something to Hope before combat and draw into a Platinum Emperion, Planar Bridge or Dreamstone Hedron.
There's a really fun solution to this problem though: Build a separate battlecruiser deck! Make a mono-green ramp deck, move alllll your big scary colourless fatties over to it and tweak this Thopter deck to really take advantage of aggressive Hope. Eat your cake and have it too!
Okay enough of that. This deck does look really fun to play. And I'm very jealous you have all 5 swords. Someday I'll get there :)