|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Dreamstone Hedron: Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||ironax , NostalgicAce , Lucretian , raymaverick97 , maR2307 , Dr_Jay , pokemate0 , Falte , , GeminiSpartanX|
Dreamstone Hedron Discussion
5 days ago
+1 from me! Love me some Maelstrom Wanderer!
I've been running animar for 4-5 years and haven't quite gotten bored yet. As long as they keep printing relevant cards I'll keep playing it! Picked up an extra copy of Thrasios, Triton Hero for more draw power. That's one you could consider for more ramp/draw.
what about ramp to cascade into late game? like Mind Stone, Hedron Archive, Dreamstone Hedron, Commander's Sphere, etc that can sac to draw. Maybe lose Worn Powerstone to any of those. Farhaven Elf and Wood Elves are ramp that can attack
There's a lot of personal flare in here so idk what all to take out!
I also bought the deck and went yidris, then thrasios/vial smasher, then thrasios/kraum 1v1, and recently swapped to thrasios/tymna. I hope you'll check out a couple of my decks. They're all a work in progress and often outdated on here
6 days ago
woluc Sure! 1 Phantom Nishoba - for Felidar Sovereign (High cost for what it did, liked the separate win condition of Felidar, plus other good effects) 1 Oreskos Explorer -for Adorned Pouncer (Already a good amount of ramp, dont care for it too much)1 Temur Sabertooth -for Regal Caracal (Regal Caracal duh. :P )1 Rout -for Steelshaper's Gift 1 Nissa's Pilgrimage -for Enlightened Tutor (Enlightened tutor to hunt down sylvan library or descendants' path, both amazing enchantments)1 Condemn -for Swords to Plowshares (Pure upgrade, if not budget go with Path to Exile)1 Dreamstone Hedron -for Scythe of the Wretched (Hedron Archive does close to the same for cheaper, Scythe of the Wretched has an effect I like, but feel free to pick any equipment you like, if not budget, maybe one of the swords?)1 Curse of Vitality -for Descendants' Path (Curse of Vitality-hell no. Descendants' path with only 1 creature type is great. If top card is any creature in your deck- its free)1 Taj-Nar Swordsmith -for Leonin Abunas (I already add more ways to find equipment, so instead why not give my equipment hex proof :/)1 Zendikar Resurgent -for Sylvan Library (Zendikar Resurgent if more expensive than Mirari's Wake for close to the same effect, would rather have Sylvan Library for draw, and when combine with Abundance it allows you to draw 3 without paying life.) If I missed any, let me know, also I'm not done yet, I may make some more changes (Thinking of dropping Skull Clamp for Whispersilk Cloak or Godsend)
2 weeks ago
Cards to be taken out
Scourge of Valkas
Temple of the False God
Add in will come shortly
3 weeks ago
It would be helpful in evaluating the deck if your description actually went in to more detail about your intended game plan and the interactions that the deck is built around. Without that information, it's hard to evaluate some of your choices.
Also, there's a lot of card choices here that are not great EDH cards. In some ways, this list looks a lot like if what you'd get if you took a reasonable 60-card constructed Izzet spells deck and brought it up to 100 cards by adding similar versions of the stuff that was great in the 60 card deck. Things like Rift Bolt, Vapor Snag, Delver of Secrets Flip and Monastery Swiftspear tend to be much worse in EDH than in normal games for a couple reasons:
- As a 40-life format, they're almost trivial when pointed at face. Shock only does the work of Gut Shot.
- Since the format tends to be slower, mana pools are larger and cheap, efficent spells that are so good in 60-card are massively outclassed by more powerful, more flexible options at higher CMCs. That's not to say that running a handful of cheap removals or counters isn't good, but you run a few of them to deal with very specific must-answer threats. They're not your bread and butter.
I'd also recommend cutting Browbeat. In EDH, nobody is really too sad to take 5. If you want to draw 3 cards, Treasure Cruise is just going to be insanely better. Mana Leak and Censor are probably going to be dead a huge portion of the time as well. Slightly more expensive hard counters are generally going to be better (or something like Arcane Denial, which is really good in EDH.
In terms of mana base, you probably want more mana rocks, too. While your average CMC isn't very high, your payoff cards are all pretty expensive and in a lot of cases, you're going to need to be casting a bunch of spells in a turn to really get things done. At the very least, I'd recommend adding Sol Ring and Izzet Signet. You might also consider something like Mind Stone or maybe even Dreamstone Hedron.
All that out of the way, there's some cards you might consider adding:
- Aetherflux Reservoir is a really common EDH storm-style deck win con. You don't need to gain much life to kill a player with it.
- Blasphemous Act is one of the best red board wipes (not sure if it'd be in budget or not)
- Burnished Hart is an all-around great ramp card
- Charmbreaker Devils is a huge threat that also gives you more spells to cast
- Docent of Perfection Flip fills a similar role to Talrand, which is one of the best cards in the deck already
- Echo Mage is an option for spell copying if you want to go really deep (probably the worst copier of what I've listed here)
- Empty the Warrens can flood the board pretty efficiently at the end of a big turn
- Insidious Will is a great counterspell in EDH
- Mana Geyser is absurdly broken in multiplayer EDH. It's more broken online where people tap out to F8, but it's still pretty good and can lead to an absurd Comet Storm.
- Nivix Guildmage is another way to copy spells wherever you need a mana sink
- Red Sun's Zenith is a repeatable Fireball
- Reverberate is incredibly flexible and cheap enough to be able to hold up easily
- Rise from the Tides is frequently a "board wipe or bust" level card in these kinds of decks
- Rite of Replication may be out of budget, but can win games on its own
- Seething Song is basically a free spells for triggering any of your payoff cards and can ramp to bigger X spells
- Spelltwine gives you 3 spell casts on its own
- Sphinx-Bone Wand gives incidental damage as you cast spells. You can frequently kill an opponent in one big turn with it.
- Temporal Fissure can utterly blow people out at the end of a big turn
- Treasure Cruise is legal in EDH and still utterly busted
- Volcanic Vision can be a one-sided board wipe
- Wild Ricochet is a super fun card in this sort of deck
Good luck with the deck :)
3 weeks ago
Aladdin's Lamp and Colossus of Akros seem like good fits here. Some cards that always get into my artifact decks are Trading Post, Pentavus, Dreamstone Hedron, and Spine of Ish Sah. One card I severely underestimated at one time is Clock of Omens which has become an all star for my karn deck but with you has the potential to untap your commander for some ridiculous turns.
3 weeks ago
Nature's Claim: Cheap instant speed removal at the cost of only 4 life that is easy to take with a deck like this one.
Mind's Eye: You can never have enough draw in a mono-color deck. This is great for a deck like this where you are only trying to ramp to victory.
Tireless Tracker: One of the Best creatures to come out of Shadows over Innistriad. I can't see why you wouldn't have this in your deck.
Selvala's Stampede: One of the better ways to plant big boys and girls onto the battlefield. At only 6 mana and with all the draw you will have, this card will intimidate any opponent on which mode to choose from.
Possible cards to take out:
Warden of Geometries: An eldrazi at 4 mana to ramp you one generic mana seems like a waste. I believe that drawing cards would more beneficial to the consistency of the deck long-term.
Hope my suggestions were helpful to you.
4 weeks ago
Solid point. I did say that. But there are some ways that we can circumvent this issue and the card draw can get us to those pieces. Ravos can always put Tymna in hand. Athreos can do it. Debtors' Knell let's us just slam our commanders from the graveyard without any cost. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I find we might actually want our commanders in the yard. At least Tymna. This is also super niche but for the purposes of covering ground, Beacon of Unrest can get important artifacts back.