|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untap all artifacts you control during each other player's untap step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Unwinding Clock Discussion
1 day ago
TheRedGoat: I'll keep those power boosters in mind, but I haven't had power issues since changing commanders to Traxos.
Struyk: Hexproof yes. Shroud, no. Once my commander has shroud, I can't target him to equip anything to him, which defeats my gameplan of loading him up.
Cippo: Sea Gate Wreckage is only in the deck once (you'll see this if you sort by Type). It's listed twice because it fills multiple roles within the deck (both as a Land and a source of card draw). I personally prefer Shrine of the Forsaken Gods over Temple of the False God because the Shrine always gives me mana. It sucks pulling the Temple in an opening hand or drawing it early game and having it be a dead land for the first few turns. You're absolutely right, I need a Metalworker in here... someday when budget allows.
Litdaze: Artifact board wipes are painful. Other than Warping Wail, I also have Darksteel Forge but that's about it. And yeah, I've increased the land count a bit. I find I have tons of ramp, just need to make sure I've got 2-3 lands to get me started.
Cereal_Killer: On their own, the Kaldra equipment have nice effects but are expensive to cast/equip. With 99 cards and very few ways to tutor any of them, I don't think I'll ever see the full set in play at once, which really lowers the value of them. Seems a better fit for a 60-card deck where you can include multiple copies (and have a smaller library) for a better chance of hitting all 3.
4 days ago
1 week ago
I like a lot of these suggestions and have them in mind for the future, I have a Scrap Trawler, just when I was testing it I found that it was difficult to put fatties back into my hand where Myr Retriever was easily able to grab them. I'm slowly picking at cards to throw into my deck, also the thing I like about Storm the Vault is that I can really get easy use out of my Planar Bridge since the cost to use it is not discounted itself, plus with an Unwinding Clock and a Mycosynth Lattice I can tutor fatties every turn with easy and still have mana up for other spells assuming Omniscience isn't in play.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Apart from my earlier comment
Going back to my first comment, the biggest adds should be: Daretti, Propaganda (protection for saheeli), thirst for knowledge, and FABRICATE.
3 weeks ago
Hi, Xinofos! Your average converted mana cost could be lower. What are your thoughts on adding more mana rocks, like Izzet Signet, Prismatic Lens, and Thought Vessel? You could possibly remove Dreamstone Hedron and Hedron Archive. I see an affinity subtheme in the deck, so including more low mana cost artifacts, such as Aether Spellbomb and Skullclamp may help more than some of the nonartifact cards you're currently running (e.g. Thoughtcast). Your deck has several "enters the battlefield" abilities, so Panharmonicon is something to consider. What function do you intend for Unwinding Clock? Outside of giving your artifact creatures pseudo-vigilance, I'm not clear on its benefit for the mana cost.
1 month ago
How many people do you generally play against Meta? If its only a couple this might not work, but if its 3-4 look at Mana Geyser. I play 5 player generally, and its usually no problem getting 10 mana or more out of it.
Also, Glacial Chasm, Crawlspace, or the more expensive Meekstone.. I love Ay.lobo's Ensnaring Bridge, but its out of my price range. But you will find when you are dealing damage to every so quick you will become a common enemy to the entire table very quickly, need a way to slow them down. I tried Urabrask the Hidden for a while, but his casting cost is too high.
Good luck, this is by far my favorite deck. Try it for a while, I think you might find that the Darksteel Forge is unnecessary, I know it combo's with the disk, but if the game has lasted long enough for you to play it... probably not doing so well. Even the Unwinding Clock seems unnecessary, let us know :)
1 month ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.