|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life.
When Spirit Loop is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Spirit Loop to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Spirit Loop Discussion
3 weeks ago
For the record... I think good voltron decks use both Auras and Equipment so that one lone Vandalblast doesn't wreck your shit. Here are some good voltron enchantments most of them are white because... I'm a racist? No, my Voltron deck Samurai From The Past! is based on Konda, Lord of Eiganjo here:
- Battle Mastery
- Daybreak Coronet
- Angelic Destiny
- Gift of Immortality
- Eldrazi Conscription
- Spirit Mantle
- Spectra Ward
- On Serra's Wings
- Steel of the Godhead
- Righteous Authority
- Spirit Loop
- Aqueous Form
- Fool's Demise
- Sovereigns of Lost Alara
I also think that Ghirapur Orrery, and Horn Of Greed should be cut... Hear me out! Orrery and Horn do two things they help you with card advantage and land plays, and second they help your opponent in the same way... Think about this for a second, if you are playing against a spells deck and they dump their hand (which they do from time to time), you just gave them 3 more spells to throw in your face. Then you have Orrery and Horn together thats two cards that you let the esper/jund/izzet/grixis control player have to answer any threats you have. I think you're giving your opponents too much with these cards.
1 month ago
DrkNinja: Those are some amazing recommendations. I do want to know which cards you feel are the best to cut for some of these as I'm new to voltron. I ran a bunch of control creatures to kind of help maintain a board state in my meta which is usually 1v1 or 3 player. I own everything you mentioned bar Replenish, Scourglass, Leonin Abunas, and Spirit Loop.
1 month ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 month ago
Otherwise the combo doesn't need any support, as Chromium, the Mutable is a sure-fire source of life-loss.
1 month ago
SynergyBuild, the decklist is now in the description.
I love the 8 card combo! No one will ever see that coming. lol.
1 month ago
Tunman, like SynergyBuild stated. I also, didn’t find Vanishing too beneficial in this case. It is an option for protection, if extra is needed for certain metas. Right now, for me, the flex Auras that can be swapped out for alternate spells are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility and Spirit Loop. So if this were to be used as a blueprint. Those spells are good as gone for other flavor spells.
jesusaintnodj, thanks for the +1! I’m glad you enjoy the build! SynergyBuild, did mention before that I should add an infinite combo. So by popular demand, I’ll do just that. I’ll add Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond . Also, I have been playing around with a couple prototype builds based on this. One that is the “Control Edition” and the other I have dubbed the “Time Walk Edition.” Time Walk Edition, includes Nexus of Fate, Time Warp, Temporal Mastery, Temporal Trespass, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Temporal Manipulation, Capture of Jingzhou and Walk the Aeons. Cards that I cut for those are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility, Spirit Loop, Gilded Lotus, Consecrated Sphinx, Hero of Iroas, Kor Spiritdancer and Sram, Senior Edificer.
1 month ago
Austere Command, Hour of Revelation maybe (I don't love effects like these in Equipment decks), Divine Reckoning, Tragic Arrogance, Rebuff the Wicked, Avacyn, Angel of Hope would be siiiick, Taj-Nar Swordsmith, Bastion Protector, Spirit Loop, Knight of the White Orchid, Sword of the Animist, Champion's Helm