|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Name a card. Remove the top six cards of your library from the game, then reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal the named card. Put that card into your hand and remove all other cards revealed this way from the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Demonic Consultation Discussion
2 weeks ago
I love this idea, and am stoked that you are trying it - you have some bollz going mono blue. I have been trying to find a decent tutor for mechanized production in blue and am coming up blank, nothing comes close to Enlightened Tutor, Demonic Consultation etc... I have always found that banking your hopes to win on a 4 of with no/insufficient tutor leads to a lot of heartbreak, so maybe look into some alternate win conditions so this deck doesnt end up in your closet like my Triskaidekaphobia failure ;). Another problem I had with that deck is that players had an entire turn to figure out what to do, because enchantments arent instant speed. So whats that enchantment that gives you flash?
Tezzeret the Seeker x 4 seems like an easy choice for this deck, and maybe a few other alternate win conditions. I like a one of Darksteel Forge with tinker in there, and Tolarian Academy, otherwise dont plan on casting it. speaking of academy, try and find a blue x spell that could pose as another wincon? Since that plus 10 investigation tokens, etc... is pretty much an instawin with the right spell. Biomass Mutation, but you would need more creatures, or another way to turn your artifacts into creatures, even if temporarily.
love the idea, hope you get this one up and running soon
2 weeks ago
Thank you, I am glad you think so!
I don't run Diabolic Intent because I don't think the deck has enough tokens to make it worth a slot, it only has two tokens generators, which would it a very sad tutor!
Demonic Consultation is a very nice card, however it will see more use in a doomdsay style or a super fast combo deck, and plus I don't like exiling my sorceries or needed cards!
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed Looks very interesting! You can keep recurring him with Gift of Immortality but he's a creature that might get exiled by my prophet, would he be worth a slot just for the fact he can be a sweet recursion engine?
Thanks for checking out my deck!
2 weeks ago
May I say this deck looks absolutely unique and awesome. I want to make something like this sometime in the future.
Any reason why you chose Beseech the Queen over Diabolic Intent or Vampiric Tutor? Perhaps Demonic Consultation if you want to Tutor anything in the deck if you're only looking for a specific combo piece to combo off. Also, Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed to recur black spells.
1 month ago
I see. Would it be bad to run Demonic Consultation considering you already have Lab Man as a win con?
I'm using Leovold as commander but I have found your deck to be a very good basis for deckbuilding.
1 month ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I like the changes you have made. Im wondering how Jin has fit with the more focused build? Also you appear to have alot of reanimation spells but only one true target. You can probably cut several even if you keep Jin. What are your thoughts on Plunge into Darkness and Demonic Consultation? They are somewhat risky but they speed up your clock significantly.