|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition II||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Name a card. Remove the top six cards of your library from the game, then reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal the named card. Put that card into your hand and remove all other cards revealed this way from the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Demonic Consultation Discussion
2 weeks ago
I see. Would it be bad to run Demonic Consultation considering you already have Lab Man as a win con?
I'm using Leovold as commander but I have found your deck to be a very good basis for deckbuilding.
2 weeks ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I like the changes you have made. Im wondering how Jin has fit with the more focused build? Also you appear to have alot of reanimation spells but only one true target. You can probably cut several even if you keep Jin. What are your thoughts on Plunge into Darkness and Demonic Consultation? They are somewhat risky but they speed up your clock significantly.
1 month ago
Ah, Contingency Plan. It does have the card advantage score of -1, but is one of those cards that I somehow keep finding more uses for than I think.
Not too familiar with DesolatorMagic, but Contingency Plan is something that's let me grab my combo pieces quicker (I don't need the four cards I threw into my graveyard if the one I now have on top of my deck is going to help me win), gets my reanimator decks in place, and been a ": enable Delirium". Oh, and its wonderful with Rise from the Tides back in the shorter rotation cycle in a mono- deck I tried.
Also lets me Treasure Cruise way too easily, but unlike my other examples that's exclusively in casual. But putting five cards into the graveyard and putting Treasure Cruise on top, and then drawing three for just on turn three is one of my favorite cheap thrills.
That said, I'm also a guy that builds suicide black decks for "kicks and giggles". I run a Tron deck with Demonic Consultation and Enter the Dungeon "because it looked like a fun idea at the time". So there's pretty good reason to take my opinion with a grain of salt.
1 month ago
The Bullets format is an eternal format in that decks can contain lands and cards with converted mana cost 1 only. All other cards are not legal in the format, such as zero-cost, two-cost, three-cost cards, etc. Any card with CMC 1 is legal, and any land printed in a Modern set is legal. (**Exceptions are on the banlist.)
The format itself is meant to be aggressive and rather unpredictable. The minimum deck size is 60. The maximum number of cards with the same name you can carry in your deck and sideboard is 4 with the exception to basic lands. Sideboards can only contain 15 cards.
The Bullets Format does have its own unofficial ban list.
The ban-list works like most other formats. Cards that would be legal in the format, but are placed on this list can not be played. This list consists of: Ancestral Recall, Candelabra of Tawnos, Contract from Below, Dark Depths, Demonic Consultation, Enlightened Tutor, Entomb, Gamble, Green Sun's Zenith, High Tide, Imperial Seal, Jeweled Bird, Mental Misstep, Mind Twist, Mystical Tutor, Personal Tutor, Skullclamp, Vampiric Tutor, and Worldly Tutor.
Potential Questions and Answers are listed below.
Why Modern set lands only? Lands are essential in any deck, and for such a fringe format the advantage a player with OG duel lands over someone with tap lands is too much especially when the format is strictly one-drops where speed is paramount. With the Ravnica shock lands there is more balance, especially with price tags.
Why isn't Sol Ring banned? In a format full of one-drops Sol Ring isn't around to ramp you into three and four drops on turn 2. When all your spells usually cost one type of color mana alone the advantages of having Sol Ring in your deck aren't as big as in other formats where its banned.
Please let me know if you have any questions, criticisms, or thoughts, thank you.
1 month ago
I've definitely exiled my deck to Demonic Consultation multiple times (and once recovered with a Riftsweeper!) but the difference really is that Demonic Consultation replaces itself and Gamble costs a card.
Currently dreaming of Contract from Below. We're definitely not the best deck for it but I'd love a Wheel for B.