Sharuum the Hegemon
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sharuum the Hegemon enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sharuum the Hegemon Discussion
1 day ago
I am jelly of your swords, but I think Mirrorworks would be awesome here. Bounce and copy Wormcoils, or Battlespheres. Would get nuts.
Also, a lot of Myr are lovable in Artifact decks. Shimmer Myr in particular.
1 week ago
Arcum Dagsson can tutor out all kinds of game locking artifacts.
Azami, Lady of Scrolls with Mind Over Matter can filter your deck to get whatever card you need. If you run one of the original ulamogs or kozileks you can then use that little combo to dig for Temple Bell and make players draw their decks out.
These generals all have combos and locks that are promised to piss anyone off and with a little bit of research you can make a really good deck with them. I have a basic sharuum deck:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 5 COMMENTS | 804 VIEWS
1 week ago
The Sharuum decks I've seen mostly operate without her, until they are ready to combo out or are desperate. She has a lot of strong artifact interactions too that seem suited.
Oloro decks I've seen often don't play him at all. Keeping their source of constant lifegain where nobody can stop it often is important to them. He doesn't have any special artifact affinity though.
1 week ago
I don't know if Leyline of Sanctity is a meta choice that you have made, but I find that there usually isn't a whole lot of stuff that people play that target players in EDH. That may be worth cutting.
Debtors' Knell is on the high end of your mana curve and is competing with Elesh Norn and a few other cards. The triplets let you steal cards anyway, so you could probably do without it.
Since you aren't self-milling or have a dominant graveyard theme that you need to protect, you could pull out Elixir of Immortality.
A couple other cards to keep in mind: Karn, Silver Golem combos with Mycosynth Lattice to let you blow up opponent's lands, and a card like Blood Artist can combo with Sharuum the Hegemon+Sculpting Steel to deal infinite damage.
1 week ago
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it! I'll find places for these cards. The_Redpill I was actually thinking about replacing Sharuum the Hegemon with Sphinx of the Final Word for some time now
2 weeks ago
While Sen Triplets is nice, you run no protection for them and for a combo based deck you don't care about other people's cards.
And yes, I know that Sharuum is being used for the four horsemen combo but realistically if you try the combo in a tournament you'll just get slapped with a slow play warning and there are just outright better combos.
2 weeks ago
There's only 35 Myrs in the game. Many of these cards are awful and even have color identities that make them unplayable for you. If you want to go with artifacts, esper's definitely the way to go. I suggest you play Sharuum the Hegemon over sydri as she pilots a general artifact strategy a little better. Both commanders are known for their combo-potential, but can be placed in charge of good stuff decks.
I know it's not really what you want to do, but if you're open to broadening your scope a little bit, you improve your deck's potential quite a bit by choosing a more general artifact deck.
3 weeks ago
As for Vancouver Mulligans, I suspect they will have a strong impact on devoted combo decks, along with more expensive commanders. Narset, Enlightened Master, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, and several other decks with more expensive commanders will take a massive hit as a direct result. It will also cause a French-like shift in power level, allowing weaker commander that have a low casting cost like Tasigur, the Golden Fang to flourish. It's too soon to say for all of them, but I can see a few direct results of it.
Maelstrom Wanderer --> Tier 2. He was already weaker than most of the current Tier 1 decks. No longer being able to Mulligan into an explosive starting hand is the final nail in his coffin.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary --> Tier 2. Prophet of Kruphix was his main enabler. Without it, he will take up to two turns longer to combo out. He was already close to the bottom of the Tier, and this was enough to push him over the edge.
Sharuum the Hegemon --> Tier 2. Another commander long overdue for demotion. At six mana, she's no longer nearly fast enough with the new Mulligan rules to make it as a devoted combo deck. She was already under performing as a Tier 1 deck long before the update, and the recent changes have most certainly placed her far below the Tier 1 threshold.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Legends||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
- Arcum Dagsson + Gift of Immortality + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Dire Undercurrents + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Phyrexian Metamorph + Summoning Station
- Bitter Ordeal + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Magister Sphinx + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Platinum Emperion + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Sharuum the Hegemon + Unburial Rites
- Conjurer's Closet + Scourglass + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Ashnod's Altar + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Mistmeadow Witch + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Leonin Elder + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Grinding Station + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Vela the Night-Clad
- Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Restoration Angel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Inkwell Leviathan + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel
- Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Ornithopter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Court Homunculus + Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Dread Return + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Lotus Bloom + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Buried Alive + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver
- Master Transmuter + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon