Sharuum the Hegemon
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sharuum the Hegemon enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.2||$0.83||$2.7||$2.77||0.06 TIX||4.0 TIX|
|Have (24)||Faybian , Ashy , rakdos24 , kmcree , MoJoMiXuP , TheHorse , Xathrid845 , deatn1342 , pskinn01 , RazortoothMtg , lordoftheshadows , , jwe94 , TheRealPeaches , dragonbladeice , bcornett24 , Goatsgiats , ztheart , Ashidafishi2 , CastleSiege , greyninja , Liuv , saj0219 , djbalestra|
Sharuum the Hegemon Discussion
4 days ago
I know Teferi doesn't shut abilities down but the only thing on the board is a Sharuum the Hegemon who has no activated abilities. Im sure there are other ways to win. Either way I enjoyed the scenario and the deck is insane!
1 week ago
Sharuum the Hegemon seems like a better fit as the general than sens triplets and specific reason you're using them?
1 week ago
It depends on whom you're playing against, but in my playgroup usually turn 4 is a game over if no one has a counterspell in hands. So I'll keep insisting to get more lands and more powerful ramp. It really makes difference in a competitive scenario. I used to run 44 lands when my average CMC was 3.45, now that it's 2.56 I'm running 37 lands plus 6 ramp cards (7 if you consider Mana Drain). Taking your average CMC as 3.67 I advice you to run more lands.
About cheating creatures in, my preferred mechanic is to run Entomb and then Reanimate, Sharuum the Hegemon or something else like Academy Ruins. Resuming, I choose to run the reanimation mechanic, but that's totally personal and up to you.
Lastly, I would like to add that having something to play between the early turns (1 to 5) is good. If your games usually start to flow since turn four, having the possibility to play something useful in each of this turns is a great way to achieve an advantage that could change the whole late game situation.
1 week ago
So I was searching the Magic inter webs and I was reminded of the card Master Transmuter. I thought - "Wouldn't this be an interesting Modern card? So I brainstormed, then thought: " BING! + " What? You say.
Let me explain,
You use Gifts Ungiven to search for these four cards:
-Any of your toolbox artifacts, which I will list later.
Heres what happens depending on what cards your opponent puts in your hand:
Unburial Rites/Master Transmuter: Unburial Rites reanimates Sharuum the Hegemon which in turn reanimates your toolbox artifact. Play Master Transmuter to cheat in whatevers in your hand (not stuff involved in the tutoring).
Master Transmuter/toolbox artifact: Play Master Transmuter which cheats in the toolbox artifact. You could reanimate the Sharuum the Hegemon, but it is more useful to wait until one of your artifacts die.
Sharuum the Hegemon/toolbox artifact: reanimate Master Transmuter with Unburial Rites, cheat the toolbox artifact into play using Master Transmuter. Save Sharuum the Hegemon for another time, though you could cheat her in with Master Transmuter since she's in your hand.
So thats how the combo works! It is extremely consistent.
Here are the toolbox artifacts:
The deck also includes a relatively large control package, which can be seen in the decklist:
3 weeks ago
Out of legacy or modern those cards are definitely more modern.
3 weeks ago
How it works
Enchant Sharuum the Hegemon with Infinite Reflection, the next creature played will be another Sharuum the Hegemon. When the copy enters, according to the legend rule, one of the Sharuum the Hegemon must be sent to the graveyard. Get rid of the copied Sharuum the Hegemon. Because the copy entered, an artifact can be retrieved. This can cause Sharuum the Hegemon to infinitely enter and leave the battlefield.
Are there any combos similar to this with Sharuum the Hegemon?
3 weeks ago
I got a chance to play this a few times. It sometimes performed well, and other times fell pretty flat. I did win a match against Bomberman, which was exciting.
I'm still on the fence about adding black, I think I want to try cutting a Cavern of Souls and adding a land first, to see if that helps with consistency. If I ran black, I would probably add Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Yawgmoth's Will. Nihil Spellbomb is interesting. I didn't think about that one. Night's Whisper is decidedly unplayable in this deck. Faithless Looting costs less, does more, has no life loss, isn't black, and even has flashback.
1 month ago
This combo is working indeed. Quoting Epoch from a couple of years ago:
The combo still works. You play Sharuum the Hegemon. Then, you play (or return to play) Sculpting Steel copying Sharuum. The copy's ETB ability triggers, but it isn't put onto the stack until after state-based actions happen. SBAs force you to put one Sharuum in your graveyard, and you choose to put the copy into your yard. Then, when the ETB ability is placed onto the stack, Sculpting Steel will be in the graveyard and therefore be a legal target for the ability. The combo also works with Phyrexian Metamorph.
Emphasis added for the relevant ruling.
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Color(s)||Black Blue White|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Legends||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Dire Undercurrents + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Phyrexian Metamorph + Summoning Station
- Magister Sphinx + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel
- Deadeye Navigator + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Platinum Emperion + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Dread Return + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Ashnod's Altar + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Mistmeadow Witch + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Leonin Elder + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Grinding Station + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Vela the Night-Clad
- Conjurer's Closet + Scourglass + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Inkwell Leviathan + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Restoration Angel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Arcum Dagsson + Gift of Immortality + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Sharuum the Hegemon + Unburial Rites
- Master Transmuter + Ornithopter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Court Homunculus + Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Lotus Bloom + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Buried Alive + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver