|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Legends||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sharuum the Hegemon
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sharuum the Hegemon enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||VampireArm , warcry02 , Dr.Jackel , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , maR2307 , HR19 , thetechzombie , LoneCrusader399 , vashaclarens , golgarigirl , NostalgicAce , Mousemke , Forkbeard , MoJoMiXuP|
Sharuum the Hegemon Discussion
3 days ago
ZendikariWol and Descole, thank you so much for the feedback! It was all very insightful and I will take all suggestions into careful consideration. I took off the custom categories for now until I can clean it up and get a proper description typed up.
As for some of the deck commanders I face regularly, they would be: Scion of the Ur-Dragon, The Gitrog Monster, Norin the Wary, Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Vial Smasher the Fierce, Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Maelstrom Wanderer, Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper, Sliver Overlord, Sharuum the Hegemon.
As for a game plan, my goal is to ramp as much as possible early on. Get Omnath out by turn four, create as much elementals as possible and give them haste to attack immediately then sac the majority of them for additional damage. It is crucial for me to have draw mechanics, ramp and haste early on to have game advantage. In my playgroup especially, it is always a race to get early field advantage and take out those who try to WinCon as early as turn 3-6. I hope this helps.
1 week ago
Wedge/Shard additions based on our discussion yesterday:
- Sphinx of the Steel Wind
- Teneb, the Harvester
- Queen Marchesa
- Narset, Enlightened Master
- Surrak Dragonclaw
- Blade of the Bloodchief
- Mycosynth Wellspring (too narrow I think)
- Ichor Wellspring (same)
- Trading Post (you said you didnt like it. Im fine to cut it.
- Brago, King Eternal
- Swans of Bryn Argoll
- Thistledown Liege
- Fires of Yavimaya
- Blood Baron of Vizkopa
- Treasury Thrull
- Bounty of the Luxa
- Shattergang Brothers
- Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
- Sharuum the Hegemon
- Wall of Omens
- Wall of Essence
- Aerie Mystics
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Planar Cleansing (maybe Austere Command instead)
- Citadel Siege (doesnt support any particular archetype, not good enough for good stuff)
- Fog Bank
- Guard Gomazoa
- Wall of Frost
- Bastion Inventor (doesnt do enough I dont think, but we can re-evaluate if we take this more in the affinity direction)
- War Tax
- March of the Machines (it doesnt seem like this is what the artefact deck wants to do for now!)
- Courier's Capsule (to me this is just a worse version of Etherium Astrolabe)
- Scepter of Fugue (doesnt really do anything
- Rhonas the Indomitable (Nylea is just better for this archetype I think)
Note: Nothing has been cut yet. Do you agree with them? If not, please let me know which :)
2 weeks ago
Eladamri's Call and Cromat have never been reprinted, so I would like to see them reprinted in this set, and Worldly Tutor also should be here, as well, since it was left out of Eternal Masters in favor of Green Sun's Zenith.
As for iconic creatures, my predictions are as follows:
Angels: it is very safe to presume that both Serra Angel and Akroma, Angel of Wrath shall be in this set, hopefully, with new artwork for both, and I also would like to see Angelic Arbiter, Shepherd of the Lost, Angel of Jubilation, Pristine Angel, Iridescent Angel, Crypt Angel, Desolation Angel, Angel of Despair, Empyrial Archangel, and Archangel of Thune.
Demons: Lord of the Pit is one of the most iconic demons in the game, but some other excellent choices are Abyssal Persecutor, Archfiend of Depravity, Bloodgift Demon, Butcher of the Horde, Grinning Demon, Havoc Demon, Herald of Torment, Kagemaro, First to Suffer, Kuro, Pitlord, Lord of the Void, and Xathrid Demon.
Sphinxes: it was not until recently that sphinxes started to become powerful and efficient, but, thankfully, there ave been a number of excellent sphinxes made, recently, including Consecrated Sphinx, Conundrum Sphinx, Goliath Sphinx, Guardian of Tazeem, Medomai the Ageless, Sharuum the Hegemon, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Sphinx of Magosi, Sphinx of the Steel Wind, and Sphinx of Uthuun.
Hydras: as with sphinxes, hydras only recently have been well-designed creatures, so some hydras that I would like to see in this set are Apocalypse Hydra, Domesticated Hydra, Genesis Hydra, Hydra Broodmaster, Hydra Omnivore, Kalonian Hydra, Khalni Hydra, Managorger Hydra, Primordial Hydra, Savageborn Hydra, Ulasht, the Hate Seed, and Vastwood Hydra.
Dragons: there are too many dragons for me too list all of them, but it is safe to presume that Shivan Dragon shall be in this set, hopefully with new artwork, and some of my top choices are Moonveil Dragon, Balefire Dragon, Dragon Tyrant, Ebon Dragon, Mirrorwing Dragon, Moltensteel Dragon, Scourge of Valkas, Stormbreath Dragon, Two-Headed Dragon, Utvara Hellkite, Vampiric Dragon, Viashivan Dragon, and Hellkite Overlord.
Wow, I certainly typed many card names in this post: I hope that I did not miss any.
3 weeks ago
If you're looking to play the long control game, Dralnu, Lich Lord can be fun.
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind is a fairly popular option in Dimir, so you'd have a lot of sources from which to gain inspiration.
Going into UBx, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant can be anything from a combo deck to a recursion-driven beatdown deck, so that may be something you're interested in.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Other janky cards you could abuse
Auriok Salvagers with CMC0 mana sources
1) Necropotence into your combo pieces
2) Ad Nauseam into your combo pieces
3) Lim-Dul's Vault into your combo pieces
3 weeks ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?