Sharuum the Hegemon
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sharuum the Hegemon enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.57 TIX||4.0 TIX|
|Have (25)||MoJoMiXuP , ThisIsBullshit , pskinn01 , Raistlin911822 , djbalestra , jwe94 , CastleSiege , uhore , TheHorse , Nate_D , Gigglebox , saj0219 , Ashy , kmcree , zachi , chrishuffman95 , 8vomit , AlwaysHarmony , xaliver , deatn1342 , Necrotize , guerillarage , TrumpetsforKings , Comicalflop , abdulbaqr|
Sharuum the Hegemon Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I concur with Indigoindigo's assessment on land. I would also cut Sharuum the Hegemon since there aren't that many artifacts imperative to bring back. Magister Sphinx always makes for a fun ETB trigger.
2 weeks ago
Narset, Enlightened Master lets you run absolutely no creatures in your deck.
Sharuum the Hegemon lets you run artifacts rather than creatures.
2 weeks ago
The +2 life per turn is pretty unimportant in competitive EDH. The vast majority of multiplayer tournament decks are combo-oriented; very little combat and very few damage effects are ever involved.
Also, Oloro, Ageless Ascetic has only been banned in Duel Commander; it's not banned at all in traditional Commander. That part of your primer is incorrect.
Avoid running cards that are useless outside of your combo. Debt to the Deathless may be a good finisher in some cases, but that's all it ever is.
Sharuum the Hegemon is an objectively better combo commander, and it supports a few different combos. You may want to consider redesigning some elements of the deck because you have options that aren't really being utilized. Of course, you're certainly within rights to keep playing Oloro, Ageless Ascetic or another commander.
3 weeks ago
GobboE Yeah I see what you mean about messing up Sharuum the Hegemon's flow, I didn't think of that at first. I can definitely see it working better in a Sydri, Galvanic Genius deck, I've seen similar strategies with Prototype Portal. My friend uses it in combination with Mindslaver and basically ends up playing Magic with himself.
3 weeks ago
Esper would probably be best, since it has the best control cards. You sound like you would prefer a control matchup, one that requires you to have all of the answers and responses in order to win. BUG might be better if you plan on going for combos as your finishers, but that is normally more focused on "get the combo, proceed to win".
Now you have a couple options for Esper. Sharuum the Hegemon is the combo general of choice, with Sydri, Galvanic Genius as a second option. Sen Triplets lets you play control where your opponents can't respond on your turn, and Merieke Ri Berit lets you capture their pieces similar to Shogi. All are fun.
Alternatively, maybe try out Azami, Lady of Scrolls. She is one of the most combo/controlly generals in existence, and even if she doesn't win instantly via combo, she will draw into more control.
3 weeks ago
@slovakattack: I probably pick Zur the Enchanter, Arcum Dagsson, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Animar, Soul of Elements, and Sharuum the Hegemon. My opinion on these ones varies from time to time, and I'm probably forgetting a few, but these are the usual suspects.
Also, there is a ban list. However, the decks you're seeing are probably using the Duel Commander ban list instead. Duel Commander decks are built for 1v1 and have slightly different rules (Primeval Titan and Griselbrand are both legal in Duel Commander).
@VampireArmy: No. It's even more broken than that one.
3 weeks ago
Sydri, Galvanic Genius was designed to give Karn, Silver Golem decks access to more colours, so she can function as a combo piece with Mycosynth Lattice to destroy lands. Unfortunately, the coloured mana requirement for her ability severely limits its usage when compared to Karn unless you have an infinite mana combo going as well. However, the access she gives you to esper colours benefits you in that it gives you access to better control cards and her low cost, combined with her first ability, can frustrate aggressive decks that try to voltron their general with equipment. Epochalyptik is right though, in most cases Sydri requires too many other cards on the battlefield to make her a threat so it's hard for her to break into the competitive scene. She is a fun commander if you just want someone to lead a deck full of artifact combo shenanigans.
Sharuum the Hegemon is a pretty common and effective commander for an esper combo deck. There are lots of netdecks you could reference. But that it also her biggest downside, competitive Sharuum decks tend to be pretty predictable.
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Color(s)||Black Blue White|
|Avg. draft pick||1.04|
|Avg. cube pick||6.18|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Legends||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Sculpting Steel
- Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Grand Architect + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Sharuum the Hegemon + Sculpting Steel
- Bitter Ordeal + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Dire Undercurrents + Sharuum the Hegemon + Sculpting Steel
- Dire Undercurrents + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Scarecrone + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Venser, the Sojourner
- Deadeye Navigator + Lotus Bloom + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Keening Stone + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel
- Deadeye Navigator + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon + Venser, the Sojourner
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Copy Artifact + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Copy Artifact + Glassdust Hulk + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Sundering Titan
- Ashnod's Altar + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Mistmeadow Witch + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Leonin Elder + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Grinding Station + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon + Vela the Night-Clad
- Disciple of the Vault + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Vela the Night-Clad
- Glassdust Hulk + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Scourglass + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Scourglass + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Inkwell Leviathan + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon