Sharuum the Hegemon
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sphinx
When Sharuum the Hegemon enters the battlefield, you may return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.45||$0.81||$2.5||$2.87||0.06 TIX||4.0 TIX|
|Have (22)||dragonbladeice , kmcree , jwe94 , , ThisIsBullshit , rakdos24 , abdulbaqr , CastleSiege , TheHorse , MoJoMiXuP , saj0219 , lordoftheshadows , pskinn01 , TallGreg , 8vomit , bcornett24 , Raistlin911822 , Ashy , Arekku , nintendowryyy , LoneCrusader399 , Yes|
Sharuum the Hegemon Discussion
3 days ago
This combo is working indeed. Quoting Epoch from a couple of years ago:
The combo still works. You play Sharuum the Hegemon. Then, you play (or return to play) Sculpting Steel copying Sharuum. The copy's ETB ability triggers, but it isn't put onto the stack until after state-based actions happen. SBAs force you to put one Sharuum in your graveyard, and you choose to put the copy into your yard. Then, when the ETB ability is placed onto the stack, Sculpting Steel will be in the graveyard and therefore be a legal target for the ability. The combo also works with Phyrexian Metamorph.
Emphasis added for the relevant ruling.
3 days ago
Basically, you allow the trigger for Sculpting Steel to resolve. Then you instantly kill Sharuum the Hegemon with the legend rule while the new Sharuum etb effect is on the stack. This creates an infinite loop.
Think of how Amulet Bloom and any of the bounce lands work. You can tap in response to the ETB Trigger. This allows the land to etb and have an effect before the etb trigger.
1 week ago
I'm assuming you're asking about Arcbound Ravager in which case I would say... Maybe? I mean, you have artifact recursion in Mushroom herself and Roar of Reclamation, but those are really conditional. Besides, what artifact do you have that can benefit from having the +1/+1 counters put on them? You're not running Triskelion or Workhorse- or anything else with Modular, for that matter. So I guess you could run it, but it would be a stretch.
Also also, I'm not sure if you realized it when you put them in the deck, but Sharuum the Hegemon+Phyrexian Metamorph+Disciple of the Vault is an infinite lifeloss combo. You just keep having Mushroom go to grave instead of the command zone, and you can then infinitely recur Mushroom and the Metamorph due to the Legend rule placing one in the graveyard before abilities trigger and go on the stack.
2 weeks ago
I don't think you realize how useless draining 2 life from an opponent on your upkeep is. I wouldn't put Ghost Council anywhere near your commander deck. (Like, seriously, even having it on the table might bring you bad luck.)
Problem is, there aren't that many good commanders for white/black. Teysa, Orzhov Scion and Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter are two of the best and the rest aren't that great. Triad is the only one that's going to interact positively with blink.
You could consider adding a color. If you added blue Dromar, the Banisher would make an interesting commander, as you would negate one of the his typical drawbacks by playing creatures where you don't mind if they're bounced back to your hand. If not, Sharuum the Hegemon has a great ETB effect.
2 weeks ago
Dross Scorpion's ability triggers three times.
Sharuum the Hegemon etb triggers returning Myr Battleshere to the battlefield with four tokens.
Dross Scorpion resolves untapping Kuldotha Forgemaster, Master Transmuter, and Chromatic Lantern.
Kuldotha Forgemater resolves fetching an artifact from library to the battlefield.
Loop net: Two 1/1 myr tokens and a tutor to battlefield, plus seven artifact etbs, four artifact ltb, six or seven creature etbs and four creature ltbs if anything is counting.
1 month ago
Weird and creative EDH decks that don't even need to win? Oh man this is my speciality. A friend of mine loves playing with me because I specifically play decks like this.
One of my favorite oddities currently is actually a Germ tribal deck that has Sharuum the Hegemon as the commander. Yeah, germs as in the tokens you get from Living Weapon equipment. It works surprisingly decently too.
If you want to mess with what colors shouldnt be doing, I enjoy this other deck that uses Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs and makes people attack you for the trigger. I specifically made it a defensive styled monored deck, throwing in red walls that people don't tend to use.
A more functional deck style that can be odd is using Mistform Ultimus and throw in as much possible tribal stuff as you can. Examples being Myr Matrix or Lord of the Unreal. Slivers also helpful in these colors.
If you like these I could tell you some more weird decks I have. :3
1 month ago
I'll just list some off
- Esper - Sharuum the Hegemon makes a good artifact deck
- Bant - Phelddagrif - usually group hug, seen people do voltron
- Jund - Shattergang Brothers - almost control
- Naya - Uril, the Miststalker - if you want to go the aura voltron route
- Grixis - Sedris, the Traitor King - I made a tribal zombie deck with him, could also work well as an ETB deck.
- Jeskai - Narset, Enlightened Master - creatureless shenanigans
- Sultai - The Mimeoplasm - a reanimator-ish deck. Always enters as something different so games are never the same
- Mardu - Zurgo Helmsmasher - could make it equipment voltron, but that gets expensive. Maybe aggro
- Abzan - Ghave, Guru of Spores - tokens
- Temur - Riku of Two Reflections - normally combo-oriented
1 month ago
Yes I would think so. Here is my ~$200 esper artifact/lifegain deck, Artifacts for Life!. If you take out all the life gain/loss related stuff, the expensive lands, and use either Sydri, Galvanic Genius or Sharuum the Hegemon as your commander, you should have a good base for an inexpensive artifact deck.
Also the as fadelightningmm said, there are a lot of good artifact cards that are in the red c14 pre fab deck which could go into an esper artifacts deck.
|Power / Toughness||5/5|
|Color(s)||Black Blue White|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Legends||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
- Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver
- Deadeye Navigator + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel
- Deadeye Navigator + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blood Artist + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Ashnod's Altar + Mindslaver + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Leonin Elder + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Grinding Station + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Disciple of the Vault + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Dread Return + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Conjurer's Closet + Scourglass + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Restoration Angel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Ornithopter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Court Homunculus + Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Bitter Ordeal + Phyrexian Metamorph + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Altar of the Brood + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Arcum Dagsson + Gift of Immortality + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Deadeye Navigator + Lotus Bloom + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Blasting Station + Sharuum the Hegemon + Unburial Rites
- Disciple of the Vault + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Glassdust Hulk + Sculpting Steel + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Master Transmuter + Sharuum the Hegemon
- Sharuum the Hegemon + Phyrexian Metamorph + Summoning Station