|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Incarnation
As long as Wonder is in your graveyard and you control an Island, creatures you control have flying.
|Have (4)||, mwu8689 , rockleemyhero , Thebowlkiller|
|Want (52)||Ryz , Cartridge , darbodeluxe , bussey111 , RoninH3RO , Unfairdoor , MAGESTIC_LLAMA , DeadShotm1 , acbooster , themccubbins , Balrock2104 , CharizardFTW , Viper_3000 , Baconmaster52 , Moonling , SpottedGee , cdgalucard , jaantonaglia , csawchuk , Cthulhupoof9797 , scouts2nd , TotalDinos , GldnUnicorn , Hayliiel , Gravehawk , Kaedom , SilverGalaxE , Nerukad , yeoldsmithy , squirrel009 , Stadam23 , SteeveCougar , Zeritanos , Awuztein , PhantomofNOX , Wegaveourlives , freespinalcords , Aleksey85 , Lythia , Maulhawk , Azraelvm , nnolin , jsdk70 , dudis , Graumagier , Pb , StraightFlush172 , hotdoglord , poley5 , instantBuddha , Gnardawg , dreamerofday|
1 day ago
I think for the final cuts it should be some of the 'fun-but-grindy' cards.
Conjurer's Closet only triggers once per round and only the Orrery can sneak these artifacts into play, which means you have to commit a turn to this.
Minion Reflector is awesome because of the haste, but should probably get cut for the same reason as above. Moreover, Rashmi wants you to play a spell on each of your opponents turns, which makes main phase casting less appealing. I think you'll find yourself not casting these if you have flash creatures you'd rather keep up.
Brawn or Wonder or both. These are great and the pro's are good but so are the cons, of which I'm sure you're aware but here are two for this deck specifically: 1) The Profaner and Scourge you added work very effectively as "evasion" granters, and are more gratifying to cast (and loop with bounce effects) 2) we don't have many methods of reliably dumping them into the graveyard ourselves other than Profaner and Vannifar or flashing them in as a surprise blocker (combo decks won't be attacking)
The final cut: These are all really good, at this point we're cutting power or utility so this one is again up to your preferences and playgroup. Any of them are worth keeping. Here are some thoughts though on the remainder: - Winged Coatl not as splashy? feels bad to trim unique and signature cards though - Diluvian Primordial is super fun and has a high ceiling powerlevel, but sometimes can be a dud. If you need to trim a fatty, this one doesn't protect your wincons like the Archetype of Endurance. - Protean Hulk always value, but really asks to be in a sac-then-recur deck as we can't Pod it ourselves or recur it reliably (Vannifar and EWit notwithstanding). - one of the clones
3 days ago
Hey, looks good for your first Commander deck.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding:
- Unclaimed Territory
- Exotic Orchard
- Shivan Reef
- Foreboding Ruins
- Choked Estuary
- Forerunner of the Coalition : tutor for a Pirate, make opponents lose life when a Pirate ETB.
- Warkite Marauder
- Cloud Pirates : is a Pirate.
- Skyship Plunderer
- Dreamcaller Siren
- Ruin Raider
- Buried Alive : tutor for and put Wonder, Anger and Filth all into your graveyard.
- Shared Animosity : can make all your attacking Pirates have huge power.
- Marchesa, the Black Rose : not a Pirate, but her ability can pump Pirates and make them hard to kill.
- Metallic Mimic : can be a Pirate when it ETB, combos with Marchesa.
- Fervor : give Pirates haste.
- Brainstorm : draw three for one mana.
- Chaos Warp : permanent removal.
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Arcane Denial
Cards to consider cutting:
- Izzet Guildgate
- Rakdos Guildgate
- Submerged Boneyard
- Evolving Wilds
- Depths of Desire
- Power Sink
- Pirate's Prize
- Traitorous Instinct
- Fevered Visions
- Navigator's Ruin
- Street Riot
- Raiders' Wake
- Aqueous Form
- Claim / Fame
- Angrath's Marauders
- Deadeye Plunderers
- Lightning-Rig Crew
- Prosperous Pirates
If you would like I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 week ago
Thank you for the replyTheNocholas! I made a lands matter deck using lord windgrace so i wanted to make a creature based combo deck that is also a graveyard deck. I decided to opt out of Basalt Monolith because it's only really good with Mesmeric Orb . I have the ability to make infinite zombies with self mill and insects with izoni so i decided to opt out of avenger of zendikar. Hell's Caretaker i had in the original list, but I've removed it because i have a ton of other reanimation in the deck. I sadly had to make some cuts for other creatures. Instead of Wonder i went with Craterhoof Behemoth because if my boys are huge and tramply, flying doesn't matter too much. One card i was thinking of adding as a win condition is Triumph of the Hordes
1 week ago
I think you want to go in on the self-mill, make zombies theme, so you should trim the fat on things that don't fit what you want to do. I like the dredge cards, and I like the cards that put cards from the top of your library into your graveyard to trigger Sidisi, Brood Tyrant .
Cut Prime Speaker Vannifar , Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Sidisi, Undead Vizier , Tasigur, the Golden Fang , Taigam, Sidisi's Hand , The Scarab God . I'm not big on counters, so I'd probably leave out Frilled Mystic . Liliana of the Veil and Liliana Vess don't really fit the theme. Switch Wonder for Filth , especially since you're running Urborg. I think most of your tutors could go, so Diabolic Tutor and even Jarad's Orders could go. I'm not sure Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord fits very well, other than he's a zombie. If you see yourself sacrificing lots of zombies to him, then keep him.
You should run Rooftop Storm , and consider Soulquake . Take out Shriekmaw and put in Fleshbag Marauder (fits the tribe), and don't forget that Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a zombie, too, and you're running a high black pip count; he'll pay off. I'm wavering on Meren and Muldrotha; I see why they are here, and how the will be useful...especially Muldrotha. If you had to choose one, I'd keep Muldrotha. Villainous Wealth is fun, but is it what you want this deck to do?
I hope that helps you get started!
1 week ago
Sidisi self mill is so good. I run it as a lands matter with muldrotha sub theme in Sidisi's Milkshake. Basalt Monolith is a great combo with mesmeric orb. Avenger of Zendikar , Dark Depths and Wonder are wincons in my deck. I am also big on Hell's Caretaker
1 week ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Do you own the cards that are in the maybeboard? There's several there that are much better than cards in the main deck.
Consider building this Dimir deck with Sultai in mind? If your goal is to play Sultai with Tasigur or Muldrotha later on then my advice is get playable cards that you can use in those decks, but for the time being get blue, black and Dimir cards and play them here with budget good stuff self-mill/reanimation strategies. Good stuff being playable spells especially creatures who have good ETB (enter the battlefield) abilities. Tasigur and Muldrotha use self-mill strategies not opponent mill strategies. Tasigur and Muldrotha abilities only work with cards in your own graveyard. Self-mill is much more powerful than opponent mill in multiplayer Commander.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding that you can use in Sultai with Tasigur or Muldrotha later on:
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Reliquary Tower
- Sunken Hollow
- Underground River
- Fetid Pools
- Sol Ring
- Talisman of Dominance
- Fellwar Stone
- Mystic Remora
- Smuggler's Copter
- Frantic Search
- Buried Alive
- Stinkweed Imp
- Careful Study
- Thought Scour
- Fact or Fiction
- Forbidden Alchemy
- Stubborn Denial
- Champion of Wits
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Looter il-Kor
- Thief of Sanity
- Peregrine Drake
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury
- Hostage Taker
- Nightveil Specter
- Rune-Scarred Demon
- Nezahal, Primal Tide
- Phyrexian Delver
- Viscera Seer
- Treasure Cruise
- Dig Through Time
- Dark Petition
- Animate Dead
- Dread Return
- Reality Shift
- Imprisoned in the Moon
If you like this idea then I can further help you to change this deck to make it easier to convert it into Sultai later on, but for now still being a good Dimir deck with Scarab God as Commander. Let me know your thoughts, good luck.
2 weeks ago
Ixidor, Reality Sculptor is actually my favourite character of the whole magic universe so your deck puts a smile on my face. Thank you for that. I like to suggest you some changes and I try to view those on a budget version. First things first: You need to have a strategy, that can win you the game. Morph is a great mechanic, but you have to take a look at how you want to play.
- Not every creature you play has to have Morph.
- Too much creatures, even for a commander like Ixidor. Skip Aquamorph Entity , Scornful Egotist , Riptide Pilferer , Monastery Flock , Dragon's Eye Savants , Coral Trickster . Those cards won't help you that much.
- Counterspell , Arcane Denial , Forbid : Going deeper into the control strategy, Hinder or Insidious Will are also very good
- Get a better card draw, you have to play a land every turn. Rhystic Study is a bit expensive, but does so much work. Standstill gives you time and almost card draw.
- Extraplanar Lens , Caged Sun or even Sword of the Animist helps you to get more mana
- Equilibrium : I like that card a lot, can return a main threat back to the owners hand
- Propaganda : For not getting attacked all the time.
- Wonder : Because in some time, you have to hit your opponents.
You may also go deeper into the Wizards tribal. Y>ou already have many Wizards in your deck and Ixidor also is one. You won't be able to play big fattie creatures, but there are so many other ways to win the game, especially in blue. For the Wizards I'm thinking of Nameless One , Azami, Lady of Scrolls , Riptide Director , Information Dealer , maybe Patron Wizard . Guess this could be really strong, because with Wizards you gain in addition to the Morph ability a better card draw engine, better control abilities and many tribal connections.
Wonder occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%