|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Knight of Meadowgrain
Creature — Kithkin Knight
Lifelink (Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||vishnarg , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Joblaska , Mortiferus_Rosa , Unjust_DiabIo|
|Want (6)||Bluewolf_Sun , LuckMisesack , Syram , grabarzstg , TheTyrant , DarthMeatloaf|
Knight of Meadowgrain Discussion
5 days ago
Knight of the White Orchid is in the maybeboard only until I can get some copies, then was planning to mainboard it as you suggest.
Knight of Meadowgrain looks good, didn't know about that card, definitely one to shop for.
Honor of the Pure looks OK (and cheap to cast) but Always Watching and Radiant Destiny were intended more for the vigilance than the +1/+1 (though both is nice). I only have 1 copy of Always Watching , hence the inclusion of Radiant Destiny - I am thinking maybe get a second Always Watching and drop Radiant Destiny completely.
6 days ago
Knight of the White Orchid seems good for ramping into your spells ahead of curve. Your mana curve is pretty stacked at the high end. I would move Knight of Grace to the side board and put Knight of Meadowgrain in its place. Honor of the Pure over Always Watching .
I would also add a fourth Novice Knight and cut Blackblade Reforged and/or Rogue's Gloves for Runed Stalactite
2 months ago
i like it. i think you need a couple more creatures, and the ones you have are relatively expensive. im thinking -2 puresteel +4 Knight of Meadowgrain or something. i play burn so im no expert.
2 months ago
EspioNova Well this is now turning into a knight deck more than an angel deck! So it's up to you in what direction do you want to take it, if a full-blown knight tribal, or an angel deck supported by knights.
If that last thing is what you want, the deck looks good now creature-wise. But some suggestions you might like:
- Archangel of Tithes is a very good defensive creature, but now that you have 20+ knights to take care of defense, maybe you prefer more offensive angels. Both Angel of Jubilation and Angel of Invention will make all your creatures stronger. Angelic Overseer is also very good with all the humans you have.
- Sublime Archangel is a bit more expensive, but can easily win you the game if you have a bunch of knights on the table.
- Archangel of Thune is much more expensive than Gisela, but a beast in creature-heavy decks. Especially if you also play lifelink knights like Knight of Meadowgrain or Fiendslayer Paladin, since that will also put counters on all your creatures.
- Knight of Grace and Knight of Malice are fine but there are better knights. Apart for the ones mentioned in my previous comments, some suggestions would be Silverblade Paladin (to partner with lifelinkers), Knight Exemplar, Kinsbaile Cavalier, Riders of Gavony (if you usually play against tribal decks) or Stillmoon Cavalier.
- Lastly, all the Dauntless Bodyguard could come back to the deck now that you have more 2-3 drop creatures.
So I just threw a lot of cards in there, but it's up to your preferences and budget what changes to make. Good luck with de deck, it already improved a lot!
2 months ago
EspioNova I don't think Angelic Page is a good creature, and it doesn't really have any good synergy with angels. If it's 2 mana flyers what you want, you could use Leonin Skyhunter which is a knight, or Aven Squire which gives +1/+1 without tapping, or Angelic Wall which is on theme with angels and will block many things in early game. But really, it would be much better to use those 2 manas in more powerful cards like Wall of Omens, Knight of the White Orchid or Honor of the Pure, or at least in adding more knights like Knight of the Holy Nimbus, Knight of Meadowgrain or Accorder Paladin.
Meurth on In the Sky
2 months ago
You could run a Luxa River Shrine for some extra lifegain.
Good luck with the deck, looks awesome!
3 months ago
What's kept Accorder Paladin in the deck over other 2-drop is its 3 power and ability to boost other Knights. I'm currently looking at Sigiled Paladin as Accorder's replacement, as it can do the same.
Knight of Meadowgrain is okay, but doesn't make the cut due to a lack of synergy. Having my Knights benefit each other makes the deck play better.
Brave the Elements was in the deck before and was cut to make room for a full set of Gideon and additional removal. This deck plays to a strict curve, leaving almost no mana to spare for additional spells in the first few turns of the game. If any mana does happen to be left open, I feel it's better spent interacting with my opponent's board.
Flagstones of Trokair doesn't add anything to the deck whatsoever.
Horizon Canopy has a real cost in its lifeloss. An early Canopy would deal damage to me that otherwise wouldn't of happened, which will matter against other aggro decks and decks that use burn spells for reach.
3 months ago
Have you considered Knight of Meadowgrain in place of Accorder Paladin. Also, I feel like Brave the Elements is too valuable to not have any copies in the main, since potentially making your entire board unblockable can be devastating. If you're looking for nonbasic lands to play, Flagstones of Trokair doesn't have a big opportunity cost, and neither would running a singleton Horizon Canopy.