Creature — Eldrazi Drone
When Emrakul's Hatcher enters the battlefield, put three 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Emrakul's Hatcher Discussion
2 months ago
If you add cards like Phyrexian Altar, and Ashnod's Altar you can add Thornbite Staff for good way to go infinite with Feldon or Kiki Jiki...Also i think you should add Clone Shell cause it is such a good card :) oh yeah and maybe Emrakul's Hatcher or Priest of Urabrask for some extra mana ramp
3 months ago
My deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-who-smites-death/
I've been having trouble lately landing infinite combos with Alesha who Smiles at Death. The combos I like pulling off involve the graveyard and work very well to my liking, but heavily fall apart to cards like Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, etc.
To counteract this I'm trying to go infinite with cards that don't use the graveyard, but many of those combos I've been finding very highly unsatisfactory. Instead I've came up with a new approach. If I can generate an infinite combo the produces infinite red or colored mana and I have either Blasting Station or Goblin Bombardment I can cast and sacrifice my commander, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, infinite times killing my opponents. I'm just unfamiliar with infinite mana-combos in my colors that also don't use the graveyard. Any ideas? (Skip past the break below if you aren't going to ask whether I've tried a speific non-infinite mana combo.)
Extra: List of Non-Graveyard combos that I've already tried and won't reconsider. (Please don't recommend I try these. I've used many of them before already, and they're not reliable enough to my liking.)
Splinter Twin + Village Bell-Ringer Cons: I have to wait a round of turns after drawing Bell-Ringer after drawing it to mitigate summoning sickness before going infinite. I'd rather have something more instantaneous so I have more options to choose from when deciding to go off.
Ad Nauseam + Angel's Grace + Sickening Dreams OR Mana Geyser + Reiterate OR Dualcaster Mage + Heat Shimmer Cons: You have to cast all combo pieces at once rather than set up over a few turns in advance which requires usually completely tapping out. Also if the combo is thwarted it's too much trouble in Mardu colors to recur instants and sorceries from graveyard back to hand just to reset it.
Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Darkest Hour + Goblin Bombardment Cons: I've tried pretty hard to make this combo work, but for some reason having an extra creature to sacrifice makes this combo a little too unreliable for my liking.
[Any combo that involves milling] Cons: My playgroup runs the Eldrazi Titans meaning they're impossible to mill. Adding graveyard-hate interferes with my other combos and adds another piece to the mill-combo.
Parallax Wave + Opalescence + Impact Tremors Cons: Half the time this works. You can preset up Opalescence and follow up with Parallax Wave some turn later once you draw into it, but not the other way around since Parallax Wave has fading which becomes an unreliable clock to get Opalescence if you preset the combo in that order.
Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault Cons: With the exception to Nether Traitor there are no other cheap CMC creatures with a form of reliable evasion and haste. Etched Champion and Mogis's Marauder are nice, but aren't as reliable as I'd like.
Eldrazi Displacer + Emrakul's Hatcher + Impact Tremors OR Restoration Angel + Impact Tremors + Felidar Guardian//Conspiracy Cons: Requires too much mana to set up at once or similar to the problems with Kiki-Jiki + Bell-Ringer in that you may have to preset the combo with a creature and hope it doesn't get removed by a board-wipe.
Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension Cons: Despite it being a multiplayer game getting three quest counters on Bloodchief Ascension is awkward and situational considering it gives my opponents extra time and turns to react.
Near-Death Experience + Plunge into Darkness//Fire Covenant Cons: Near-Death Experience has to sit on the field for a whole round of turns at the very least. An opponent removing Near-Death Experience after I've brought myself down to 1 life before my upkeep is also too high of a risk to take as well.
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap + Goblin Bombardment Cons: This combo already uses the graveyard, so its not a non-graveyard combo. Also I'm fine not using this one since the other graveyard combos I use I feel work better than this one.
As you can see I've covered a long range of different non-graveyard combos, but each one is too unsatisfactory for me. Unless I have missed a non-graveyard infinite damage combo I would like to know what infinite colored-mana or infinite red-colored-mana combos exist in my colors if anyone knows of any that don't use the graveyard. Thank you for your help.
3 months ago
Hey, maddoxmtg. I'm kind of with Hybrow on this. Emrakul's Hatcher is a good card to have in this deck, at least for the ETB effect to add tokens. Hmm, those two goblin-mana ramp cards are great if I do add Pentavus...
Hybrow, I'm probably not going to add Pentavus in the deck. Simply for the fact that i already have a good amount of token creatures. Also, if I add that card, I'd have to replace a card of about equal mana, and that would be replacing my ETB draw power dragon. However, I have added your recommendation to the description in the "modest budget" section, because it's a great card. Hellion Eruption is a great card, but I decided against that a while ago. Mogg Infestation and Descent of the Dragons are the mass creature transformation I stuck with in the end.
Hey, DrValium. Fiery Gambit is a pretty interesting card. Straight up damage if I feel lucky. Hmm, I don't think I would be able to use this card. The only gambling I would consider in this deck is Gamble and that's a scary card too. Honesty, the whole deck is a pretty fun gamble, not really an opportunity to tutor for that card you need and all.
Thank you guys. Good thoughts, Good advices, and a great way for me to start the day.
3 months ago
Tough call, looks like you play yours slightly differently than me. I dont have any sac outlets.. dont really find i need them Goblin Bombardment would be the one I would cut.
I would keep Emrakul's Hatcher, dropping 4 creatures for 5 mana is pretty nice. we usually play 4 or 5 players, so you are talking either 32 or 40 total damage for that one.. Seems pretty good. And if you can get it in the Mimic Vat, you have won the game.
You can take a look at mine, although, honestly, alot of the stuff we run is the same. Norin the Wary is an absolute godsend. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-fat-red-line/
Also I love your Descent of the Dragons, going to consider adding it to my deck. I would say to also run Hellion Eruption but that all depends on whether you play your commander as a creature or not. I would say 90% of my game he is just an enchantment, because I mostly have tokens in play, not really creatures with devotion.
Hope this helps, either way, this is a super fun deck to play.
3 months ago
5 months ago
Flametongue Kavu is really powerful for repeatable removal. Also, 4 power makes for a nice creature to hastily send to your opponent each turn.
Molten Primordial has a powerful etb that not only removes blockers, but also creates more attackers for you each turn.
Mindclaw Shaman rips apart opponents' hands by creating tokens of it every turn.
Fanatic of Mogis is a wincon if you have enough devotion.
Bogardan Hellkite has a powerful etb that wipes out token armies or can take out a single big creature.
Tuktuk Scrapper is a better card than Manic Vandal for artifact destruction. Creating a token copy of it means both will trigger and destroy artifacts; plus, they deal damage as an upside.
Emrakul's Hatcher grants you every time you make a token copy of it, which is pretty powerful mana ramping.
5 months ago
You're joking right?
Emrakul's Hatcher is basically 8 damage for 1 and a red.
Rapacious One is free damage and mana on contact.
Spawnsire of Ulamog is a reusable spawn engine that goes infinite with Mana Echoes
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre is mill protection and removal as well as a potential way to win.
Skittering Invasion is 10 damage for 2.
Chandras parents is 6 damage for 2 and 2 red that has anti-synergy with Thopter Assembly. Elemental Mastery is a potential maybe however with it being an aura enchantment it's iffy as I can deal with lost creatures with Feldon and to a lesser extent trading post however enchantments are a different story and auras are so easy to deal with. Solemn is a maybe as I have enough sac effects to abuse both triggers and I can abuse it with Trading Post and Feldon. I like Warstorm Surge except that I have to target, I would rather use Impact Tremors as it's quicker, deals it to everyone, and 9 times out or 10 will be doing the same damage as the Surge.
5 months ago
- Quest for Pure Flame (building it up is really easy and busting it makes Purphoros even scarier for a turn)
- Firecat Blitz (cast it the first time to take someone out an flashback it to end the rest of the table)
- Elemental Appeal (9 mana for 14 damage after someone has cleared the board isn't too shabby)
- Grinning Ignus<- please add this ( + to get it started, for each time you want to do it again and you have a neat mana dump for Purphoros)
- Emrakul's Hatcher (nets you 4 creatures and mana refund)
- Skittering Invasion (same idea, with Purphoros out it's a neat 10 damage spell that offers mana refund)
- Orochi Hatchery (dump some mana in it and you are good to go)
- Trading Post for the goats mostly
- Spawning Pit recycling tokens is good for the environment.
- Portcullis locks the battlefield with 2 creatures total (note that it still allows ETBs to happen before exiling the cards, so it basically works as a shell until someone destroys it... and you get the ETBs once more)
Clear a board
- Magmaquake (boardwipe at instant speed... requires a lot of mana, but it shouldn't be too hard)
- Sudden Demise (allows you to get rid of those pesky hexproof shenanigans)
- Boompile (unreliable? Yes. But scary nevertheless. Might stop/slow down people from building up a mighty boardstate)
- Dormant Volcano (neat artwork, nice effect)
- Khalni Gem allows you to replay 2 lands (consider it a 2 mana investment since it costs 4, but gives 2 back immediately)
- Burnished Hart is underrated.
- Choose three: Hedron Archive, Commander's Sphere, Mind Stone, Worn Powerstone, Sol Ring
- Hoarding Dragon (4/4 flying for isn't bad. And if/when it dies you get the treasure)
- Staff of Nin (an old favorite of mine and allows you to ping some damage)
- Avaricious Dragon (just don't cast it when you have a full hand and you should be fine with a 4cmc 4/4 flyer and some extra draw)
- Loreseeker's Stone (drawing 3 for ~ is quite good)
What I don't like/What to cut
- Dragon Mage
- Goblin Chirurgeon (you'd be better off with a
- Goblin Sharpshooter
- Goblin Warchief (cost reduction part is fine, but he isn't all that useful otherwise)
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser (i don't see you dealing with combat damage all that much)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is great, really, not indispensable for its price.
- Knollspine Dragon (IMO it's a terrible card for its mana cost and effect... and 4+USD? WTF)
- Magus of the Wheel
- Lightning Crafter
- Warchief Giant (yes, myriad is great, but he's so fragile...)
- Anger of the Gods (great card... in other formats)
- Mana Geyser (temporary mana isn't that good unless you have some place to dump it...)
- Goblin Bombardment isn't good enough
- Possibility Storm (? Is it there just as a disruption tool?)
- Battle Hymn (same thing as mana geyser. Even worse considering it depends on you having at least 3 creatures to generate any mana)
- Seething Song
- Smash to Smithereens (the damage is neglectable IMO. I'd rather go with Smash simply because it draws you a card back)
- Elixir of Immortality (is this even necessary here?)
- Vedalken Orrery also not needed IMO