|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt (DDK)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Rakdos Carnarium enters the battlefield tapped.
When Rakdos Carnarium enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||ZombieFood , xXThormentXx , Friedrice24 , Unjust_DiabIo , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , angesoir , Mousemke , ChrisH , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , killstars , Reliva , corys , brentkc49 , , MattN7498|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , VampSlayer , GoodestBoi|
Rakdos Carnarium Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I guess Blighted Woodland can be replaced easily. Ash Barrens seems to be useful for basic land tutoring. My biggest concern now is about lands like Rakdos Carnarium and Vivid Meadow.They seem to have less potebtial than it looked like, however it might be just my first thought after playing it just twice. Both types are woeking good in other decks, so maybe it isn't bad idea to keep them until I'll get better lands. I should also be ablw to get the Commander's Sphere out of my different deck, where it is less useful :)
3 weeks ago
You're currently sitting at 103 cards with is not legal for Commander, I'd suggest to lose Bloodfell Caves and Rakdos Carnarium seeing as you have about 5 rocks already, it should be sufficient enough to run the deck on 35 lands. There are a few cards you may not need, such cards will only hold you a little back as you will definitely not use it unless it's down to the moment you want to use it.
or Similar cards as above.
1 month ago
You should have between 36-40 lands; and I'd would let up on all the nonbasics, thanks to Blood Moon and Ruination. Specifically, remove Cinder Barrens, Evolving Wilds, Grand Coliseum, Orzhov Basilica, and Rakdos Carnarium. Shock lands, Fetch Lands, and Check Lands are acceptable.
A Phyrexian Arena would also help increase the likelihood of creatures in hand.
1 month ago
Gut Shot, Stomping Ground, and Wooded Foothills. The last two are because they are red and green. You are running red and back so technically you just added two red mana. You could replace those two with Rakdos Carnarium, and Rakdos Signet. Those two things are not needed but if mana becomes a problem then try to add them two. But that would be my removal list.
2 months ago
Your deck is organized a bit confusingly, why do you have your entire mainboard in other? this makes the deck very hard to view and give recommendations for, you should probably move everything that's in "other" into your "mainboard" (mainboard is the stuff that is in your deck)
2 months ago
Seems to be a really fun, low budget Nekusar, the Mindrazer deck.I'd suggest removing Izzet Boilerworks, Rakdos Carnarium and Rupture Spire, since those, in certain situations could screw you up, and instead add a Temple of Epiphany(to complete scrylands cycle), Sulfurous Springs(to complete painlands cycle). For a further upgrade there consider Mikokoro, Center of the Sea.
I like the instant speed Tainted Strike that could kill some unwilling opponent, great pesky move.On the other hand I'd probably remove Glistening Oil, since it really doesn't have a specific use in this deck.
Since you are going about this on a budget, I'd suggest really fun cars that combo with Nekusar like:
Soulquake(Mass bounce + your foes will probably discard most of their graveyard in terms of card amount... just be sure that this move doesn't allow them to come back);
Guiltfeeder(Since it has fear, if it swings on an opponent that can't block it, it could deal lethal damage. Absolutely reliable win condition);
Dragon Mage(Though it has to connect);
Day's Undoing(You need to play around the fact that it ends your turn);
Wheel of Fate(Nothing to say, simply great);
Wheel and Deal(Wheel of fortune just the opponents you choose);
Raiders' Wake(Great synergy);
3 months ago
Hey, I've never piloted a Kaalia deck, I have only played against her and from my experience, she gets the attention on the table most of the times and for good reason. People really know Kaalia. So I think that playing her has some key elements that could be improved.
Get her out fast fast fast.
In order to do that I'd replace these with basics and boost your speed since you're playing all those fetchlands.
- Akoum Refuge: ETB tapped, no good here.
- Vivid Meadow, Forgotten Cave, Boros Garrison, Orzhov Basilica, Rakdos Carnarium: See above.
- Molten Slagheap: Too slow.
- Transguild Promenade: Just plain awful. Don't let this one fool you with it's "mana of any color", it's still awful.
- Opal Palace: You don't need the color fixing and the bonus counter won't do much difference as Kaalia's blows are not what you're aiming here.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth needs it's best friend Cabal Coffers, otherwise a fetchable basic swamp will do fine. Or maybe a dual one like Canyon Slough or Smoldering Marsh, which sometimes enter untappped.
Land Tax when you replace all the above for basics.
- Talisman of Indulgence or Fellwar Stone, mana rocks for
Kaalia has been around long time so people know how dangerous she can be.
- Darksteel Plate could be useful, specially against wraths but it doesn't do much against bouncing or exiling, which is why Whispersilk Cloak could be a better alternative, and can help you avoid combat damage as well.
- Mother of Runes will give her protection in response to whatever spot removal targetting her.
- Grand Abolisher helps you avoid getting Kaalia countered.
If Kaalia has died several times, what now.
As you probably know, she will get focused and sometimes you just can't protect her enough. You need alternatives when this happens.
- Karmic Guide can reanimate anything and it's an angel. Works well with Reya Dawnbringer.
- Sneak Attack is expensive but great, consider it. If not, Quicksilver Amulet is good too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation works awesome with the card above.
- Chancellor of the Annex could be given a try to slow down your opponents while you cast your big creatures. Also, if it's on your initial hand, bye-bye turn 1 Sol Rings.
Other things I noticed
- You lack card drawing. It's essential to have angels / demons / dragons on your hand on each of your attack phases. Phyrexian Arena and Necropotence. Watch out for Emrakuls on your meta with the latter. Some wheels could prove useful refilling your hand, though Wheel of Fortune is expensive, Winds of Change, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate and Dragon Mage are good alternatives.
- On the same issue as above, Sire Of Insanity and Malfegor aren't helping you with that.
- You have access to the best colors for removal. Ditch Soul Snare and Angelic Edict for the more versatile ones Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking or Utter End. Even Chaos Warp is a better alternative than the two I mentioned. Instant speed removal is crucial.
- Same as above with sweepers. Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation are much better than Armageddon, because as it let's you a great advantage and all it also puts a huge target on your head, because you basically stop them from having fun at all. And in my experience, people tend to remember those who broke their lands, it's just the way it is. You don't need more hate, Kaalia will draw enough herself. On the borderline of this are Cataclysm and Rakdos the Defiler. The other Rakdos, Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a way better alternative. Imagine swinging with Kaalia, on her trigger putting RTR Rakdos, then on your second main you'll be able to cast a creature with it's cost reduced.
- You have 4 instants now (more coming in the future I hope) and 3 creatures with activated abilities requiring mana. Price of Glory punish your for using those. I know it will punish counterspells as well, but there are some alternatives for that that won't draw the hate on your head, as stated above.
- Lastly, I know I insisted a lot on avoid drawin unnecesary hate on you, but Ob Nixilis, Unshackled is another one to give some thought. People really love their ramping and tutoring. Though in this case I'm not saying you should remove him, just re-evaluate his inclusion.
I hope some of this suggestions help in any way.