|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If one or more tokens would be put onto the battlefield, twice that many of those tokens are put onto the battlefield instead.
If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature, twice that many +1/+1 counters are placed on that creature instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||ironax , Oskani , Lucretian , jamesesdad , , mziter501 , perrin515 , rikertchu , bigc137 , Azdranax|
|Want (5)||Jpegwun , MorningGlory45 , Turtlelover73 , LoneCrusader399 , richardmv|
Primal Vigor Discussion
20 hours ago
Primal Vigor is definitely worth playing for Ghave because it helps you a lot more than it helps the other players. Smothering Abomination gives lots of card draw when you're sacrificing Saprolings anyway. Mindless Automaton and Symbiotic Deployment are also good. Concordant Crossroads lets you attack or tap for mana right away. Gyre Sage ramps you well, and Crystalline Crawler goes infinite with Doubling Season or Primal Vigor.
1 day ago
There are many cards that boost Ghave to the stars. You probably know them, but lets review them just in case you were missing one of them:
Doubling Season, Primal Vigor, Parallel Lives, Anointed Procession, Cathars' Crusade, Seedborn Muse, Dictate of Karametra and never forget Ashnod's Altar (warning! infinite combo enabler) also Phyrexian Altar infinite enabler but not so infinite, like half infinite.
Also work amazingly with Ghave creratures with undying, the lower cost ones are Young Wolf, Butcher Ghoul, Strangleroot Geist, you sacrifice them, and they come back with +1/+1 counter you can remove to create a Saproling and start over again.
The biggest problem is you dont have easy access to haste for everybody in your colors Concordant Crossroads and Akroma's Memorial are your only options. You can instead use Vedalken Orrery and make your infinite tokens before untapping.
They will try to break your combo pieces so some recursion is important I just found this Dwarf and I like her a lot Restoration Specialist but there are a lot of options, you are in the right colors for recursion ;)
If you have a Privileged Position around home looking for a deck, this is that deck.
6 days ago
One of the more underrated cards for trostani has got to be Seance. Hear me out: with you getting a token of that creature, you can use the populate mechanic to make more of that token. Sure you exile the original but with how many token doublers like Anointed Procession Primal Vigor Doubling Season and Parallel Lives I think you can manage with one card being exiled. Especially if you get 4 Ulvenwald Hydras out of it!
6 days ago
ZendikariWol: I agree to some degree, most of the elves are there as support.
Elvish Archdruid is really good ramp, even with the low elf count.
Ezuri, Renegade Leader is in there mainly as a kind of protection for my commander. I have already considered getting rid of him.
I don't really like Primal Vigor since my playgroup has many decks with token and counter strategies.
6 days ago
Okay so I have one relatively minor problem here. Your deck has 2 themes: Elves and Tokens. Both Elves and Tokens are their own commander deck, Tokens in GW/GWR and Elves being in G/GB.
This is hardly a mandatory thing, and you have fit the two together pretty well, but consider splitting this deck because you have a lot of elf-specific cards and not a lot of elves, and you have a lot of token effects but few elf tokens. 3, in fact.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Ok, so some other thoughts. There are a ton of tribal merfolk lords (merfolk that give other merfolk +1/+1). You have very few of them. There are other ways such as Vanquisher's Banner, Door of Destinies, Mirror of the Forebears and Coat of Arms.
Also, you have at least 12 ETB effects. Consider Panharmonicon.
Furthermore, increase, increase, increase your card draw. There are many ways you can do this.
If you can afford the following, I think they would help:Empress Galina Errata says she is a merfolk and is affected by merfolk tribal. Primal Vigor or Doubling Season. I don't think the latter is necessary, but if you want both, they will incrase your counters and token out put.
1 week ago
So I have some questions about these, and/or I think you should cut them:
- Gaddock Teeg: 75% of your creatures are 4 or above cmc that seems contradictive.
- Dusk//Dawn: Again your creatures are pretty high CMC Dawn does nothing for you, and Dusk kills most of YOUR creatures. I suggest Austere Command as a much better alternative.
- Sword Of Kaldra: Just why? You aren't building tron, and you have none of the other Kaldra equipment.
- Birthing Pod: You have to build specifically around birthing pod to make it effective, and your CMC curve on creatures is anything but; in this deck it just feels like a waste of a slot.
- Furnace Of Wrath: It can hurt you WAY too much, it's too risky personally.
- Assemble The Legion: again I dont' get it, you aren't really a token deck. For this to be effective you'd need Parallel Live, Annointed Procession, and Primal Vigor to maximize the potential.
- Vicious Shadows: This is just a bad Stalking Vengeance so why not just play it?
- Fight to the death: I just don't see this as a good card at all, I'd prefer to see a Deflecting Palm here, same cost just a better card.
- Grazing Gladehart: Lifegain isn't in your gameplan especially with Sulfuric Vortex in the deck
You should consider adding:
- Warstorm Surge: it's a great source of damage and just does more the later the game goes with Marath getting bigger on each cast.
- Vigor: is phenomenal in this deck or any other really.
- Angrath's Marauders: great alternative to Furnace
- Path of Discovery: It's card advantage, ramp, and counters all in one.
- Rishkar's Expertise: huge draw spell and most likely a free spell, pays for itself.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar: All about the +1/+1 counter bro!
- Craterhoof Behemoth: it's just an alternate win con.
- Forgotten Ancient: Great to transfer off counters to Marath AND becomes MASSIVE late game.
- Lurking Predators: this card is massive and honestly just ends games.