|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Assassin
When Nekrataal enters the battlefield, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. That creature can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||bakeraj4 , raymaverick97 , frederiklw , Benniator , ironax , Lucretian , sonnet666|
1 month ago
Daring Demolition is basically pay 4, destroy a creature. I don't ever think I've seen a vehicle in a game of EDH.
I'd look to put a removal effect on a Power 2 creature so Alesha can bring it back.
Banewhip Punisher - Recur it from graveyard, then pay 1 black, sac it to kill a creature. Mad value!
Big Game Hunter - Discard from hand, pay 1 black, kill a power 4 or greater creature. Then recur later in the game.
Final-Sting Faerie - More situational
Garza's Assassin - Amazing. Bring back with Alesha, sac it, kill a nonblack.
Nekrataal - same deal as above
1 month ago
1 month ago
Srhike, thanks for the suggestions. I think Curtains' Call may be better in my playgroup though. I already have some conditional removal like Nekrataal and Attrition. I want some instant speed removal with no strings.
Themysteriousone, good suggestion. I don't own a copy but it looks cheap to pick up. I'll consider getting a copy and finding room. I may have enough self-recurring creatures in here but more playtesting will figure that out.
, nice suggestions. Only reason I haven't put in Grim Haruspex in yet is because I've prioritized cards that care about anyone's creatures dying and not just my own (like Harvester of Souls). However Grim Haruspex may still be worth it. I like its cheap casting cost and I do have a fair number of non-token creatures of my own dying.
1 month ago
brandonsperry25 Thanks for commenting! Here's what I think;
Archetype of Courage: great idea with the low powers, I'll figure out a way to slot it in!
Spear of Heliod Puts my creatures in range of a few of my power-related board wipes, not gonna include.
Thanks for commenting! Link me to your deck when you get the chance to post it!
3 months ago
gdm1989 thanks for the suggestions!
Corpse Dance could work, but it involves exiling one of my creatures, which doesn't work too well for synergy
Soul Collector is a 3 power, so no inclusions there
Sorceress Queen is just a 1/1 body, I can't see any way how it could be good in the deck.
Thanks for your suggestions!
3 months ago
I really like this one too, and you'd have the mono black deck you always wanted.
3 months ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
5 months ago
Unfortunately, going infinite with Wispweaver Angel doesn't out right win you the game. You need something like Impact Tremors for infinite damage or Altar of the Brood for infinite mill to actually win. Drowner of Hope + Eldrazi Displacer does go infinite with Panharmonicon, but this is the only infinite combo in the deck that wins.
To really make sure you have colorless mana for displacer you should play evolving wilds to get the Wastes or play pain lands like Adarkar Wastes.
Inspiring Statuary shines best with spells that have in their mana cost like Ribbons or are very large and colorless like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger otherwise I don't think it's worth it. Not to mention that you are having to run bad artifacts like Ornithopter to make it work with no payoff.
Not sure how good Gifts is in the deck since you have no graveyard synergy and with that being said your opponent is always going to put the best cards in the yard and you have no way of getting them back. To make Gifts works you would want some specific cards like Noxious Revival and Unburial Rites.
With Gonti as your only black card, you could just go and make it easier on your mana base.
Cards that could go better with Panharmonicon
Wall of Omens>Wall of Denial
Felidar Guardian>Wispweaver Angel