|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Assassin
When Nekrataal enters the battlefield, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. That creature can't be regenerated.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||bakeraj4 , raymaverick97 , frederiklw , Benniator , ironax , Lucretian , sonnet666|
1 month ago
gdm1989 thanks for the suggestions!
Corpse Dance could work, but it involves exiling one of my creatures, which doesn't work too well for synergy
Soul Collector is a 3 power, so no inclusions there
Sorceress Queen is just a 1/1 body, I can't see any way how it could be good in the deck.
Thanks for your suggestions!
1 month ago
I really like this one too, and you'd have the mono black deck you always wanted.
2 months ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
3 months ago
Unfortunately, going infinite with Wispweaver Angel doesn't out right win you the game. You need something like Impact Tremors for infinite damage or Altar of the Brood for infinite mill to actually win. Drowner of Hope + Eldrazi Displacer does go infinite with Panharmonicon, but this is the only infinite combo in the deck that wins.
To really make sure you have colorless mana for displacer you should play evolving wilds to get the Wastes or play pain lands like Adarkar Wastes.
Inspiring Statuary shines best with spells that have in their mana cost like Ribbons or are very large and colorless like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger otherwise I don't think it's worth it. Not to mention that you are having to run bad artifacts like Ornithopter to make it work with no payoff.
Not sure how good Gifts is in the deck since you have no graveyard synergy and with that being said your opponent is always going to put the best cards in the yard and you have no way of getting them back. To make Gifts works you would want some specific cards like Noxious Revival and Unburial Rites.
With Gonti as your only black card, you could just go and make it easier on your mana base.
Cards that could go better with Panharmonicon
Wall of Omens>Wall of Denial
Felidar Guardian>Wispweaver Angel
3 months ago
Nice deck :) Giving me some ideas for mine.
A few suggestions:
As opposed to tapping down creatures with Icefall Regent and Frost Titan, I think you want to be killing them so you can reanimate them. Nekrataal, Merciless Executioner, and Fleshbag Marauder may be better fits.
You may want to increase your land count. 33 lands is very low unless your CMC is around 3 or less. Your average CMC is above 4. You have a good amount of ramp, but you do need to make sure you're still hitting land drops. 37-38 lands is more typical.
3 months ago
Skull Collector might be a card to back up the Curio; allowing you to again get more ETB effects; but it does have the problem that if all other creatures get killed, he'll have to bounce himself. He gets bonus points because regeneration lets him survive many Modern removal spells.
4 months ago
Hi, At first i think you don't need that many lands, about 35-38 should be enough. Also the strategy (Discard right?) isn't well constructed. I would recommend also discarding cards from your Hand and creating some Synergies with your graveyard (Reanimator stuff etc...). Here are some Cards which are relativ cheap, but could work quite well.
Other good Stuff:Yawgmoth's Bargain, Mutilate, Languish, Bloodgift Demon, Profane Command, Swiftfoot Boots, Skullclamp, Avatar of Woe, Desecration Demon, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Reclamation, Nekrataal, Shriekmaw, Polluted Mire
I think that most of the cards are affordable and could improve this deck a lot. Adding more removal is also important. There are plenty of more cards, but this list should be enough for some new toughts :)
4 months ago
Some suggestions; Change Extraplanar Lens to Caged Sun, bonus for self and don't lose a land if it blows up. Mind Stone over Everflowing Chalice. Possibly Mutilate as another board wipe. Ophiomancer for Pack Rat, being able to search every upkeep seems better. Possibly remove Oubliette for Never//Return. Harvester of Souls might have more synergy than Phyrexian Gargantua. Attrition instead of Nekrataal, less mana plus works with token.