Creature — Angel
Flying, first strike, lifelink, protection from Demons and from Dragons ((Remember the acronym debt.) This creature can't be damaged, enchanted, equipped, blocked or targeted by Demons or Dragons.)
|Have (4)||, Bluboltar , DoctorScarf , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||WumpaWolfy , Fanaticwes|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2021 (M21)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Angels (V15)||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Mythic Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Baneslayer Angel Discussion
4 weeks ago
Alright, I'm here to rectify the meiny of follies within this decklist.
Unto what I would ablate:
Shalai, Voice of Plenty is an illegal inclusion due to the colour identity rules, for she has Green therewithin.
Akrasan Squire does close to naught in all scenarios. It adds one power to the board, yet offers nothing else. An eath exclusion.
Sorcery-speed removal is just awful, and therefrom I would remove Revoke Existence.
Scaretiller is awful ramp, even when playing mono-White.
Wherefore do you run White Knight? 'Tis a potent card, but doesn't do much for this strategy.
Acolyte's Reward is egregious, thence I would rede for its removal.
Suspicious Bookcase is rather perfidious, avaunt it should be snuffed for something else.
Wellway! Quite the multitude there, whereupon I have some recommendations.
This is a slow deck, so try Ghostly Prison.
Given the high mana curve, you'll need a lot of this. Marble Diamond, Mind Stone, and Arcane Signet are each two-mana, which is when you want to ramp, and do their job well. Solemn Simulacrum is okay but not great, yet Thran Dynamo does a most meritorious effect for an eight-mana commander.
Lastly, though not ramp, Generous Gift is universal and efficient removal as an instant.
That shall be all from me. Fare thee well.
1 month ago
Today 3 wins 1 defeat ("finals")
- 2 - 0 vs mardu aggro (Knights vs Clarions..)
- 2 - 1 vs Izzet Aggro (Tougher due to valuable shenanigans, fun play Fred)
- 2 - 0 Vs Monogreen Aggro (Thank you Baneslayer Angels..)
- 1 - 2 vs UWr Control (Lost G3 because I remained stucked to 2 mana util turn 6... Otherwise Necromentia is great against control)
1 month ago
Hey VampDemigod and abby315, I made some changes based on your suggestions, along with a couple of other things. I thought Clackbridge Troll was vulnerable to just being tapped down every turn and not performing as a top end threat (although the card and life gain makes that a mixed blessing). So I added in a couple of copies of Baneslayer Angel. Also rejigged the sideboard, notably by adding Nightmare Shepherd to maintain the benefits of my annoying creatures a bit longer after they die. What do you think?
1 month ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)
2 months ago
Thraben Inspector might also be a good edition to the deck. The card replaces itself, gives you an early blocker, and can be phased in/out of play with Eldrazi Displacer without being reliant on their synergy to be good. Also, a few pet cards of mine that might help are:
Dragonlord Ojutai--> Good clock and card draw, but it is a little slow at times.
Basri Ket--> His -2 might actually be a great finisher for the deck to double the size of your army. You have a lot of creatures so you already have pressure, but this way he makes all your creatures replace themselves just in case.
All of these cards also work well with Niambi, so they may be able to replace something or even be used effectively out of the board. Other cards that might be cool...
Barrin, Tolarian Archmage--> I didn't even know this card existed until this morning but it's super cool!
None of these are cards I feel are "needed", but they may help in one way or another, just suggestions that might spice up your brew or make stronger synergies. Deck looks pretty nifty!
2 months ago
I might pull Polukranos, Unchained because he kind of goes against what you're trying to do and instead go with something like Clackbridge Troll or Baneslayer Angel. Both would be nice targets for Nethroi, Apex of Death
2 months ago
2 months ago
The alternate wincons seem to be in the wishboard.
They may not be the fastest but any of the three can get the job done if played at the right time.