|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Woodland Cemetery enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Swamp or a Forest.
: Add or .
|Have (8)||Mortiferus_Rosa , , ToolmasterOfBrainerd , , CampbellStev , TheRealSpecialK , lorddarkstar , Thunderbeard|
|Want (14)||nan0man , paulcalypse , Pcverde , AustinoCorino , kyris , nClark45 , yesacs , killer5079 , SaltyBanana , LeoBlaze21 , metalmagic , silverleinad , Timedrqgon , Abzkaban|
Woodland Cemetery Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, nice version of Thrasios/Tymna :)
Lots of expensive price cards and interesting interactions here, but the manabase is not good. 17 of the 34 lands ETB (enter the battlefield) tapped which is too many for a $600+ deck. The manabase doesn't match the rest of the deck. The Temples, Vivid lands and ETB tapped Fetch lands are not competitive lands. If you're wanting to improve the casual competitiveness of your deck my advice is upgrade the manabase.
Some lands to consider adding:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Caves of Koilos
- Underground River
- Exotic Orchard
- City of Brass
- Woodland Cemetery
- Sunpetal Grove
- Hinterland Harbor
- Glacial Fortress
- Canopy Vista
- Sunken Hollow
These are the least expensive price playable land options in these four colors. In fact many of these land suggestions can be further upgraded with more expensive price lands. Adding a Nature's Lore can also help because it can search for one of Pool, Tomb, Garden or Vista.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Vivid Creek
- Vivid Grove
- Vivid Meadow
- Bad River
- Flood Plain
- Gateway Plaza
- Temple of Deceit
- Temple of Enlightenment
- Temple of Malady
- Temple of Mystery
- Temple of Plenty
- Temple of Silence
6 days ago
1 week ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. enigmadox gave you great advice; I'll expand on it some.
Include budget creatures who can sac themselves because these creatures can give you experience counters without needing a sac outlet which is another card. Needing both a creature and a sac outlet to sac that creature is more difficult to get then just needing a creature. Sac outlets are also good and you should include them, but they're not as important in my opinion as creatures who can sac themselves.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : this guy and Spore Frog are the two best creatures to build up experience counters with Meren.
- Caustic Caterpillar
- Viscera Seer : sac outlet and can sac itself.
- Blood Pet
- Shriekmaw : when a creature is evoked it ETB (enters the battlefield) and then dies which will trigger getting an experience counter.
- Fleshbag Marauder
Four drop Meren can benefit from early game ramp to be able to possibly play her turn three. Budget mana dorks can be ramp in the early game or sac fodder in the mid/later game to get experience counters.
- Elves of Deep Shadow
- Deathrite Shaman
- Elvish Mystic
- Paradise Druid
- Talisman of Resilience
- Golgari Signet
Budget lands to consider adding:
Other budget cards to consider adding:
- Buried Alive : tutor for three creatures.
- Evolutionary Leap : sac outlet that can also potentially put a creature into your hand.
- Carrion Feeder : sac outlet and can sac itself.
- Deathreap Ritual : repeatable draw, also counts at your opponents end steps.
- Mausoleum Secrets
- Beast Within
- Grim Haruspex
- Ravenous Chupacabra
- Underrealm Lich
- Woodfall Primus
If you like some of these suggestions I offer advice on cuts to make. Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, good budget Windgrace deck, nice Dark Depths :)
Cards within this deck's budget to consider adding:
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn : additional land per turn, landfall/trample enabler.
- Nissa, Vital Force : make a land into a 5/5 creature, or return a permanent to your hand, or fast emblem her ultimate is busted with land strategies.
- Deathrite Shaman : exile yours or your opponents land in graveyards for ramp, repeatable graveyard hate.
- Budoka Gardener : put a land from your hand onto the battlefield, late game repeatable source of big creatures.
- Beast Within : instant speed permanent removal, staple budget green card in Commander.
- Pernicious Deed : nonland permanent board wipe that you can control how powerful it is.
- Animate Dead : staple black card in Commander, can reanimate any one creature from a graveyard including your opponents.
Gardener is included in the Nature's Vengeance precon.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Zendikar Incarnate
- Loyal Guardian
- Baloth Woodcrasher
- Charnelhoard Wurm
- Savage Twister
- Rampant Growth
Budget land upgrades to consider:
- Thespian's Stage > Grim Backwoods
- Llanowar Wastes > Golgari Rot Farm
- Graven Cairns > Rakdos Carnarium
- Sheltered Thicket > Gruul Turf
- Exotic Orchard > Temple of the False God
Use Stage to copy Dark Depths , this makes you put original Depths into your graveyard. The copy of Depths which is Stage doesn't ETB so it doesn't get ice counters thus can sac it right away and get Marit Lage which puts Stage into your graveyard. Both Depths and Stage will end up in your graveyard to be conveniently reanimated with Windgrace's -3. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
A cute idea! +1 from me.
Consider Collected Company since it can grab all your pieces except the Clique itself. You'll also probably want a bit of removal - Fatal Push and Path to Exile are great options in your colors. Mortify , Hero's Downfall , Go for the Throat , and Oblivion Ring are some other, slightly less expensive options if you're operating on a budget.
You'll also definitely want some multicolor lands to ensure you aren't screwed out of a particular color when you need it. If you're on a tight budget, Blossoming Sands , Scoured Barrens , Jungle Hollow , and Sandsteppe Citadel are some real cheap options. A step up from there would be Sunpetal Grove , Fortified Village , Canopy Vista , Temple of Plenty , Isolated Chapel , Temple of Silence , Woodland Cemetery , and Temple of Malady . You don't have to spend all your money on shocks and fetches to have a consistent mana base!
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Woodland Cemetery occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.61%
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.1%
BRG (Jund): 1.62%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 3.71%
BUG (Sultai): 1.33%