|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, that creature's controller may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||ironax , Oskani , rikertchu , pskinn01 , the.beanpole , LegendDeer|
|Want (4)||Wolfninja , , moonmonster , TheBl0b|
3 days ago
Hi there! Thanks for the comment!
I used to have Fecundity in the deck, and you very well may be right that it should go back in over The Gitrog Monster or something else, but I tried to err towards card draw that would be effective even without a sac engine running. A lot of times you need card draw the most when things are not going well, and the Frog Man and the rest of the gang mostly do that. I need to continue testing my draw suite, however, and could be that Fecundity is powerful enough when we are going off that it needs a spot.
4 days ago
1 week ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
2 weeks ago
I'd reccomend you cut Fecundity; taking it out will free up a couple slots, and also can take away Manamorphose and Chromatic Sphere. With those slots, you could put in some interaction such as Lightning Bolt and either Inquisition of Kozilek or Duress if you're wanting something cheaper. Also, 16 lands is probably too little, and if you need color fixing, something like Dragonskull Summit is cheap and effective, even more so if you have Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth out.
3 weeks ago
Marath is a powerful combo engine. I agree with most of the stuff above in regards of how to fix your early game. A few other cards that can be good in Marath are Ashnod's Altar, Blasting Station, Spawning Pit, Altar of Dementia, Fecundity, Primal Vigor (not as budget as it used to be), Fires of Yavimaya and Anger. If I can think of anything else, I will post. But when you edit your deck, look at your mana curve.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Necroskitter to take your opponents creatures