|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, that creature's controller may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||ironax , Oskani , pskinn01 , rikertchu , bakeraj4|
|Want (3)||Wolfninja , moonmonster , TheBl0b|
1 day ago
I think you have too many populate/double token effects and too few token generators.
If you can upgrade fog to Constant Mists.
You also should add some more artifact and enchantment removal. White and Green have a ton of ways to deal with artifacts and enchantments.
Other weird token generator effects to consider Blade of Selves and Herald of the Host. When you double the tokens with rhys, the newly created tokens don't get exiled at the end of turn/combat. they remain on the board.
Hope this helps.
4 days ago
1 week ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
2 weeks ago
Oh, scratch Fecundity, I missed the "that creature's controller" part
2 weeks ago
Hello, really fun deck you've got going here, it's been nice to follow its continuous development. I have some thoughts, forgive me if they contain too many things you already know:
How is Curse of Predation working out for you? I feel the deck already has OK weenie support and that the slot could be better served making it more consistent by patching up its weak points
Some sets of possible drawpower alternatives:
3 or greater power creature-based (I realize the deck is weenie-oriented and that these may therefor not be suitable): Elemental Bond/(Garruk's Packleader) + some combination of Rampaging Baloths, Inexorable Blob and (Blade of Selves)
Someone mentioned Recruiter of the Guard so I'd thought I'd point out the old-school Imperial Recruiter as a possible alternative to it for the sake of completion. Out of the cards in the current deck they each have exclusive access to the following creatures:
Guard: Fumiko, Mirri & Tireless Tracker
Imperial: Selvala & Windborn Muse
Finally, a somewhat radical & meta-dependent suggestion that would probably require other changes: Angel of Jubilation. It hates on sac engines trying to abuse your gifted tokens, but it conflicts with Selfless Spirit and the three fetchlands (And you might find that it comes in a bit too late due to its mana cost, both in terms of CMC & symbols)
2 weeks ago
MagicalHacker: Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord fits the bill alright. But as mentioned, OP already had a golgari deck, So I am making the assumption that they should still have the cards available (please let me know if that's not the case). The addition of a few red/X lands (see Savage Lands, Gruul Guildgate and friends, Transguild Promenade, Rupture Spire) as well as staples like Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds would be more than sufficient for splashing red, givin gaccess to Prossh, Skyraider of Kher who is $2 from star city games.
Prossh will provide the deck with good token production which is much more resilient to graveyard hosing than a monoblack deck which relies on recursion eninges. The addition of green also gives access to ramp cards such as Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Explosive Vegetation, etc which will drastically increase the speed of the deck compared to the heavy reliance on mana rocks that mono black will need (also helps with colour fixing).
Red will also give access to cheap wheel effects such as Reforge the Soul ($3 from SCG), Chandra, Flamecaller ($4 from SCG), Dragon Mage ($1 from SCG) which will drastically help increase the deck's output, not to mention cards like Fecundity and even just getting additional value off Skullclamp as the tokens produced have 1 toughness ompared to the typical 2 toughness that you'd see in a monoblack deck (since you're most likely going to be making zombies). Plus spells like Shamanic Revelation will draw you a crap load of cards (50c on SCG).
For low budget decks, having access to green makes them much better overall compared to any other colour. It has a good range of effects and havin access to land ramp is vital. And head to head, I would put my money on a Prossh deck compared to a Anowon deck of the same cost any day. It's more explosive and Prossh himself provides the deck with a self contained win condition.
2 weeks ago
This is very budget right now because I still need to build it and test it. Grasslands, Mountain Valley, and Naya Panorama are just budget options for Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath, and Arid Mesa. I had Cultivate and Farseek in here before, but I took them out for options that can be abused with tokens. They may very well go back in after testing.
I've been on the fence about Beastmaster Ascension and decided to use Collective Blessing instead because I have it. Thunderfoot Baloth and Overwhelming Stampede will definitely be thought about. I still need to find a good ratio between Pump and Tokens.
I have Shamanic Revelation in already with Skullclamp, Slate of Ancestry, and Fecundity. I wanted to try and make room for Harmonize but now Collective Unconscious has to go in. I always lean towards fewer multi-use spells than more single use, which might be the wrong mentality.
Thank you so much for the suggestions. Do you have and suggestions on what to take out?
3 weeks ago
About that 2040364's idea using Cauldron of Souls to "technically double the effects of Grim Haruspex and Fecundity" I got that he plans to tap the cauldron AS RESPONSE to the triggered "die effect" of a 0/0 creature hitting the field, right? If that so, then wouldn't it only be good for a ONE CREATURE SAVING? I mean, u would tap it to give PERSIST to a dying guy and thus that guy would pop back to the field and die again, giving you an extra draw for each Haruspex or Fecundity in play. But that is it. You couldn't "double the draws" for "every creature that you played", 'cause they didn't came to the field at same time and, once the cauldron is tapped this strategy is over. Right? I'm asking this because, if it really goes this way, then I don't think that adding the cauldron is worth for this deck, it would be more like a "cool effect", adding poorly to the general combo (and god knows how baddly a combo deck need to gather its combo pieces and cannot give away card slots to tricks, right).