|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Drowner of Hope
Creature — Eldrazi
Devoid (This card has no color.)
When Drowner of Hope enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
Sacrifice an Eldrazi Scion: Tap target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (40)||Tommuz , ibraJG84 , Caldazar , Axtel , DudeMan1031 , Big-Foot , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , Va1mar , jhTheMan99 , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , tlhunter07 , Spinalripper , mazrimtaim , , Tiddilywinkus , failurechild88 , Lindough , DrPopular , TrackerD , Ellyreia , Kravian , 2austin5 , DarkMagician , , Dawnsly , Regulus1010 , Skydra2 , Riders_of_Brohan , RedMulligan , mziter501 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie , Archegos , Unlife , KB2187 , GoldGhost012 , Lucretian , Justinaut|
Drowner of Hope Discussion
2 weeks ago
You seem to be running a kind of control shell, so I think Drowner of Hope would be a valuable tapdown engine to control the board a little.
Warping Wail is a neat toolbox spell that could help out early game.
3 weeks ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
1 month ago
Ulamog's brood is: Benthic Infiltrator, Conduit of Ruin, Cryptic Cruiser, Drowner of Hope (as it is said in many places that Ulamogs brood moves through water easily.), Eyeless Watcher, Oblivion Sower, Ruination Guide, Vile Aggregate. and Wasteland Strangler (look to the left of the creature and you can see it's mask), I am also fairly certain that Brood Butcher is a part of Ulamogs brood as well.
Nest Invader is the only member of Emrakul's brood in the list here.
1 month ago
Any from Eldritch Moon are Emrakul.
Any from BFZ block that don't have Kozilek's plates above their heads are Ulamog.
Nest Invader looks like Emrakul but I'm not completely sure.
The others I think are Ulamog but I'm not sure
1 month ago
Here are a list of the Eldrazi I do not have placed with a respected Titan and I seek you thoughts on who they belong to:
Benthic Infiltrator, Brood Butcher, Conduit of Ruin, Cryptic Cruiser, Dimensional Infiltrator, Drowner of Hope, Eyeless Watcher, Immobilizer Eldrazi, Nest Invader, Oblivion Sower, Ruination Guide, Slaughter Drone, Stalking Drone, Vile Aggregate, Walker of the Wastes (Emrakul?), Wasteland Strangler (also Emrakul?)
2 months ago
Match Report Part One:
These are the matches I have had time to test so far as I find free time in the coming days I'll record more results.
- vs. Allies 1-2
Very close matchup but eventually the speed and tempo of allies was able to take the win. If anything this matchup showed how much you want Card: stony silence in the sideboard as Aether Vial tears apart the deck turning off Nevermore and cards of the like. Also, allies had a natural advantage in the form of Harabaz Druid which, if I didn't have removal, could easily pay the prison tax.
- vs. U/B Turns 0-2
This is my personal competitive deck that I have been working on for months so experience was a factor. In all honesty this was simply a very bad matchup for you. Turns is a deck that attempts to combo off with extra turn spells and win via an awakened Card: Part the Waterveil. The early turns of the game it denies you mana and a deck like prison that needs ample mana has a hard time beating it.
- vs. G/W Ramunap Death & Taxes 0-2
Another personal deck and one I have worked on extensively, essentially the deciding factor was D&T's ability to land a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, when that happened the deck was fast enough to close out the game before your deck could set up through the tax. Game two got caught behind the Ramunap Excavator and Ghost Quarter lock and couldn't really do anything.
- vs. Bant Eldrazi 2-1
Against a tiered Bant Eldrazi deck the deck performed like I hoped it would perform. Midrange decks should always be your best matchups and that is what Bant Eldrazi is. Game one beat down with Angels from Luminarch Ascension, game two Bant Eldrazi got a nut draw where they were playing everything early thanks Eldrazi Temple. Game three was kind of funny, I was able to play 3 Sphere of Safety in succession and watched them grow; this followed by well timed removal in the form of Path to Exile on Drowner of Hope (opponent could blink it with Eldrazi Displacer and create scions to try to pay the tax) as well as a Detention Sphere on the scions, was able to close out the game. Won via Celestial Colonnade.
So there is a few matchups done, again as I find time I'll continue to test.
3 months ago
As the title says, I've got some Eldrazi, and I'd like to ask what kind of deck should I build with them (or some of them)? What kinds of Eldrazi decks are fun, great, yet also not too expensive (casual format, but still decent competitively). And what cards should I acquire to make it work? This can be as specific or as broad as you'd like as far as answers go, if any; whether that be just suggesting a type of deck, giving me a list of good cards, building or tagging a complete deck here, that's up to how you feel like answering. Just came here for some advice, so... yeah. Apologies for the vague description, not too much to.. describe.
The Big(ish) Guys I Have:
1 Drowner of Hope (Foil)
4 months ago
Sweet deck! You inspired me to build my own version, though I do have some Ulamogs so I jammed them in here. Sanctum of Ugin has been very good, using it to chain together Elder Deep-Fiend can be game winning, and it can also be used to search up your Void Winnower. A couple other things: Drowner of Hope and Nissa's Renewal are both good six drops, which means you can drop them turn four after a Weaver of Currents. They both can ramp and make you live longer, though either blocking or life gain. I don't think you need Champion of Rhonas. Those are my suggestions.