Whenever a creature you control dies, each other player sacrifices a creature.
|Have (2)||metalmagic ,|
|Want (4)||TheMagicFanatic , xLithium , Laereth , Darui|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Grave Pact + Parallel Lives + Spawnsire of Ulamog
- Grave Pact + Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet + Virulent Plague
- Grave Pact + Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet + Viscera Seer
- Grave Pact + Ogre Slumlord + Viscera Seer
- Glissa, the Traitor + Grave Pact + Hangarback Walker
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Grave Pact Discussion
13 hours ago
I wouldn't ever use Tajuru Preserver unless you have multiple players running Grave Pact in your meta. Even then, it's gotta be one of their more prevalent strategies, so if you don't see mass sac effects almost every game it's a pretty useless card.
13 hours ago
2 days ago
Doing your own thing faster than they do their thing is usually my approach. I like all these suggestions though I'll add Grave Pact since someone already said dictate
5 days ago
Hi! I just wanted to list some of the cards that really stood out to me from ZNR that I'll be giving a go in this deck:
- Clearwater Pathway Flip and Riverglide Pathway Flip, no explanation really needed for these, they are very useful
- Feed the Swarm, targeted creature or ENCHANTMENT removal in black? Yes please
- Hagra Constrictor, good card to make it harder for our opponents when we alpha strike, also we can sac this the turn it comes out if needed as it etb's with +1/+1 counters
- Skyclave Shadowcat, sort of a mash between Carrion Feeder and Midnight Reaper but worse
- Demon's Disciple, a pretty good card and with Grave Pact out at the same time, it will really hurt out opponents
- Guul Draz Mucklord, it has a very useful death trigger that could save one of our more important creatures in a pinch, however I feel that the mana cost is a little high when all we're going to use it for is protecting our other creatures
6 days ago
1) I'd drop Midnight Reaper down from x3 to x2 (+1 slot)
You really only need one of him out for him to be good, having multiples can suck your life total down and leave you unable (or unwilling) to sacrifice creatures to activate your combos.
I can see Grave Pact still having perhaps a 2x copy in here, but surely you can find a sorcery for 3 mana or less that will help you along more. (+1 slot at least; dropping a copy of grave pact)
3) The Bile Urchin isn't a bad 1-mana drop, but I don't think you'd lose out too much swapping these straight-up for 4x High Priest of Penance. I get that they can recur and trigger other combos, but 1 life is a marginal amount so I think having some more control options (like destroy any permenant on High Priest) would suit you better. (+4 slots)
That'd be my recommendation(s)
1 week ago
Can you infintely cast the newly spoiled Skyclave Shade with Aluren from your graveyard? If so, I would put this in my Varolz, the Scar-Striped deck as a backup for if I were to lose my Endless Cockroaches. Pretty much infinitely sac the cockroaches to varolz and play them with aluren with a Blood Artist, Grave Pact, Forgotten Ancient, or any other thing that cares abt things being cast or dying. So would substituting the shade for the cockroaches still allow this combo to go infinite?
1 week ago
Speaking from experience, I really think that Rat Colony is stronger in EDH than Relentless Rats. The fact that colony counts all your other rats synergizes so well with Marrow-Gnawer. The toughness limitation can actually help you too if you use cards like Skullclamp to get loads of cards, or Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos to punish your opponents' boards. I also love that it's 2 Mana so it is very easy to flood the field with them. I do think that if you do prefer relentless, take out the colonies and go all in with them; in my own deck, I found that they compete for the same space so running both weakened their strengths.
Good luck! :)
1 week ago
Echoing Decay can remove all of the tokens at once. Dowsing Dagger Flip would fit the theme and potentially provide good ramp. Grave Pact may be pricy for the build, but would stomp, though I'm not sure if maybe Savra, Queen of the Golgari fits the janky theme better. And finally, I feel like Priest of Forgotten Gods is incredibly underutilized, and absolutely wrecks.
That's all I got.