|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a creature you control dies, each other player sacrifices a creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Grave Pact Discussion
1 hour ago
Thank you for asking for our assistance. You've got a good thing going here; here are the cards we think may add to your strategy (they're not exactly cheap, but very awesome nonetheless):
- Life from the Loam: has almost perfect synergy with your commander;
- Grave Pact: makes opponents think twice about wiping your tokens and works wonders in conjunction with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest;
- Crucible of Worlds: Ramunap Excavator in artifact form.
We wish you fun and good luck while playing this.
With kind regards,
Mrs. & Mr. NV_1980
2 days ago
First, FWIW, in my experience Muldrotha isn't a win-fast commander. It just isn't her strategy - she's 6 cmc and wants a big graveyard; if you play her, you're playing to win the long game.
That aside, I think you have a great start. I agree with Bchong about taking out the "when creature dies everyone loses a life" cards, unless you're going to go all-in on Grave Pact effects. IMO, the best way to speed up Muldroth is increasing the number of cards that (1) filter your hand - e.g. Monastery Siege or Rummaging Wizard, and (2) sac/swap effects like Hell's Caretaker.
Last, I'll point out you've got cards like Counterspell and Blue Sun's Zenith but Secrets of the Dead in your maybeboard... Any effect you can get with a permanent should use the permanent (especially since you're also not playing with Archaeomancer).
6 days ago
I like it, +1. A few thoughts:
I wouldn't run Druid of the Cowl, Leaf Gilder and Lifespring Druid when you haven't yet included Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Elves of Deep Shadow, Birds of Paradise or Priest of Titania. Consider Somberwald Sage as well - turn one dork, turn two Sage sets you up for turn three Prossh.
Obelisk of Jund is strictly worse than Darksteel Ingot, and Kodama's Reach will probably prove more useful than Pristine Talisman. Also, I'd replace Wild Wanderer with Farhaven Elf. Ashnod's Altar and Cryptolith Rite offer cheap sources of mana boom.
I'd also try to get rid of lands that unconditionally enter tapped, unless the land is quite good. Guildgates and lifegain lands are definitely less valuable than lands like Luxury Suite or Spire Garden, Smoldering Marsh etc.
1 week ago
+1 for Edgar Markov, one of the most badass Vamp Boss around.
I'd recommend lowering the CMC of the deck to around 3 or less if able to hasten the pace at which your treats hit the board.
Some useful vampires you can consider:
Dusk Legion Zealot and 1 life for 2 1/1 bodies and 1 card, pretty good deal.
Gifted Aetherborn An uncommon with Deathtouch, Lifelink, with P/T of 2/3 for just , nuff said.
Legion Lieutenant Vampire Lord is sexy.
Vampire Hexmage a.k.a Planeswalker Nemesis!
Viscera Seer one of my all time favorite, Sac outlet and Scry in 1 card.
1 week ago
Thanks _Delta_, shadow63, , and , a lot of helpful suggestions. Quite a few I can't include because of budget, I don't want to go much above $60, so things like Grave Pact just won't make the cut. A slight problem, again with budget, is that a lot of the cards you recommend are $2-$3, and the ones you'd remove are less than a dollar, and it adds up quickly. Any advice on which ones are important to add first, or budget alternatives for some others? Thanks again
1 week ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
1 week ago
Maybe Skullclamp for some draw since you're sacrificing a bunch of stuff.
1 week ago
Thanks Cluracin. Sylvan Safekeeper is sitting here and waiting for action. Tested that longer ago and it’s a good card in this deck. It just had some weakness for things like Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Night of Souls' Betrayal or Goblin Sharpshooter. I endet up cutting it for a Diplomatic Immunity. I would definitely re-add Sylvan Safekeeper as soon as I find a card to cut. For now there is just no card I can think of cutting. Maybe if some time passes and my meta does change.
And the deck is not that much depending on Muldrotha as you might think. She makes the deck much better for sure, but you can win games without having your commander ever cast. It is also not that uncommon to have more protection than needed, ending up with Curator's Ward on a Grave Pact.