Creature — Viashino Rogue
When Dagger Caster enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each opponent and 1 damage to each creature your opponents control.
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dagger Caster Discussion
7 months ago
These might interest you: Gratuitous Violence , Berserkers' Onslaught , Quest for Pure Flame , Insult , Angrath's Marauders , Wojek Embermage , Knollspine Dragon , Spinerock Knoll , War Elemental , Elemental Mastery , Balefire Dragon , Siege Dragon , Glint-Horn Buccaneer , Firebrand Archer , Dagger Caster
7 months ago
Thanks for the input, however I believe for this list Scampering Scorcher is the better card to play. With only 1 copy of Cavalcade of Calamity on the field, it presents a guaranteed 3 points of damage on the same turn you play it. It provides more bodies that help to push damage through blockers, and with only Torbran, Thane of Red Fell it presents 9 damage for 4 mana. I understand what you're going for with the "board-wipe", however the reactionary implementation of a board wipe is not quite the direction this deck wants to take. Dagger Caster doesn't combo well with Cavalcade of Calamity , and without Torbran, Thane of Red Fell it isn't going to be very effective against a majority of decks.
I encourage you to try out the list, it will help you to see that Scampering Scorcher actually is a key piece to the deck finishing off a game.
7 months ago
Scampering Scorcher is a little weak. I understand it combines with Torbran and Cavalcade very well, but there are better options, even for 4 mana. Dagger Caster , for instance, is almost a one-sided board-wipe with Torbran. It's up to you, of course, but if you look around you're bound to find better cards.
10 months ago
1 year ago
Have you looked at Carnival//Carnage much? I personally prefer it over Vicious Rumors even though it does need an enemy creature to cast.
Also, one area that you might have some trouble is against wide opponents. It looks like you can usually go over them and try and race, but there's also the option of Dagger Caster .
I would also take a look at Memorial to Folly as an option for lands. It slows you down a bit, but getting additional creatures to cast later in the game could be nice.
1 year ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
1 year ago
I like Grenzo decks. Here's a couple of cards I thought might work well with your build. Junktroller and Reito Lantern give you more copies of the Epitaph Golem effect. Heartstone will let you use his ability two times as much, as long as you're okay with it helping your opponents, too.
As it currently stands, your deck could use more creatures in order to use Grenzo's ability better. With only 20 creatures, you'll whiff 3 out of 4 times. There are lots of creatures who have similar abilities to cards in your deck. Here are some examples.