Creature — Cat Warrior
Whenever Qasali Slingers or another Cat enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Qasali Slingers occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Qasali Slingers Discussion
3 months ago
Nice list! Thoughts on these? Oketra's Monument, Pearl Medallion, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Temur Sabertooth, Jazal Goldmane, Emeria, The Sky Ruin, Mistveil Plains, Scattered Groves, Selfless Spirit, Pathbreaker Ibex, Goldnight Commander, Retreat to Emeria, Qasali Slingers, Wirewood Symbiote
3 months ago
I would go with Arahbo, Roar of the World and with a tactic of always having one or two cats on the field trying to hit people. Go tall. Alms Collector , Enlightened Ascetic , Kinjalli's Sunwing , Lost Leonin , Skyhunter Skirmisher , Stalking Leonin , Temur Sabertooth , Whitemane Lion , some ramp, removals, protection, a board wipe or two and some equipment. would take out Jareth, Leonine Titan because too much mana, Jazal Goldmane, Nacatl War-Pride , Qasali Slingers and Jedit Ojanen of Efrava for the same reason. Also cool are Heroic Intervention and Selesnya Charm. Stave Off has a cat on it.
3 months ago
RNR_Gaming Funny story, I literally removed all 3 of those in the last edit.
The deck is very much built for 1 vs 1 and loses a lot of its' effectiveness the more people added, and the less players the less value Oreskos Explorer has. That combined with a pretty low CMC, I decided to test without it.
Qasali Slingers was removed simply to lower CMC.
Stalking Leonin was removed as the less players, the less effective again as the deck is much more suited to 1 vs 1.
If I'm playing 4+ people I'm going to play something that goes infinite most likely.
I think all 3 are great cards, and were my mind going another direction with the deck, would all likely see inclusion.
3 months ago
Oreskos Explorer is a decent value creature and should almost always trigger at least once since white-base is typically on the back foot.
Qasali Slingers - is 5cmc but its aura shards with legs and for cats.
Stalking Leonin - is a cool way to mitigate some attackers and is potentially really good removal
5 months ago
Thanks for your upvote and suggestions.
First, the Wild Nacatl seems strong, when you are on the play, play a Temple Garden , and the Wild Nacatl , you'll have a 3/3 on the board before your opponent even draws. A Second turn Fleecemane Lion or Adorned Pouncer with a third round King of the Pride is very nice, he needs to have some removal..
Any other sideboard suggestions?
8 months ago
9 months ago
Some new updates of the deck:
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava : too slow, often too small in the late game to be effective
- Abundance : It was either this card, Ajani, Strength of the Pride or Stalking Tiger , and both of the latter had only just been added. Abundance is a nice combo with Sylvan Library , but it's too difficult to assemble without more enchantment searching effect.
- Kemba, Kha Regent : With only 6 pieces of equipment, this isn't the best option anymore. In the original commander deck where 14 were available, there is a stronger case, but I've felt this as being an increasingly underwhelming draw.
- Saltcrusted Steppe : Very underwhelming as a storage land in this build, it feels like an easy cut.
The new hotness:
- Felidar Guardian : This has some synergies with the ETBs of other cats such as Regal Caracal and Qasali Slingers , but otherwise it's just another cat body.
- Sword of Feast and Famine : A Bear Umbra effect that can at least benefit from Hammer of Nazahn .
- Enlightened Tutor : An easy way to fetch out a Sol Ring early game or Mirari's Wake late game to ramp you into Arahbo, Roar of the World and pay for attacking triggers or to pay for a big Finale of Devastation .
- Gavony Township : Had been on the radar a long time, but only had access to one once another deck was deconstructed.
1 year ago
I've no list but there are some neat cats to include:
Qasali Pridemage , Leonin Warleader , Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist , Regal Caracal , Jazal Goldmane , Qasali Slingers , Temur Sabertooth , Brimaz, King of Oreskos , Felidar Sovereign , Nacatl War-Pride , Jareth, Leonine Titan and Fleecemane Lion .
I know some of these came in the deck or are really obvious but the seem to be among the better ones, i think.