|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin Warrior
Protection from blue (This creature can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything blue.)
Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Tyqar , TheAlmostHero , YossarianLives , jhTheMan99 , pskinn01 , Sparky41 , ChrisH , philktoken8998 , rockleemyhero , LTmiller , Swamy , Spinalripper|
Goblin Piledriver Discussion
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.
2 weeks ago
Wort is a bit slow and grindy.
3 weeks ago
I'll be honest with you, because it's currently 2:50 in the morning and I feel like being candid. Also, apologies in advance if I sound like a total dick. I promise I'm mostly a nice person, but again, 2:50.
The deck isn't great. Here's why.
Firstly, there is no versatility. Naya burn, the buniest of all burn decks (feel the burn), still has room to run cards that interact with the opponent. This deck doesn't do that. Yeah, you can bolt creatures, but once you do that you've basically accepted defeat, as you really do need to burn face the whole game to have any chance of winning with this deck. Trust me, I'm a semi-okay magic player.
Also, wtf bro (or bra, depending on your gender)? Why are you not running Blood Moon or Magus of the Moon? You have a mono-red deck, play those cards. I know you're going budget, but still. If your opponents just can't cast spells, you basically win.
If I were you, I would ditch the idea of 33 lands and Seismic Assault for something a bit more consistent and powerful. I know you don't want to sell a kidney to pay for this deck, so here are some viable budget options for a mono-red burn deck. Goblin Grenade Monastery Swiftspear Reckless Abandon Thunderous Wrath (only one) Massive Raid Eidolon of the Great Revel Reckless Bushwhacker Goblin Bushwhacker Stoke the Flames Goblin Piledriver (I have a thing for goblins). Some of these cards are great, some are meh, all are red, so hey, there's that.
I hope I was at least semi-helpful, and intelligent sounding, and to the point. Have fun with the deck, or don't, you live your life.
3 weeks ago
Yeah, I know there are a lot of creatures that arent goblins, and I would love there to be only goblins, but although I do want to keep the goblin theme, I dont want to miss out on cards that could really benefit this deck like Ogre Battledriver.
Goblin Guide would be super cool to have in this deck, but I dont use this deck often enough to drop 25 dollars on a single card, or even a 100 for four of them, but I do agree that it would be really good in this deck. I agree that something like Goblin Rabblemaster and Goblin Piledriver would have great synergy with the whole token theme of the deck, and I could probably buy two or three of both. Ankle Shanker would be absolutely nuts in this deck, thanks a lot for telling me about this card, I hope my shop has three or four of these cards. Im not too sure about Crackling Doom, I feel that one or two really powerful creatures shouldn't be much of a problem for this deck, but I think I could use this for a different deck im building so thanks, its a really good card, particularity for its cost.
Thanks a ton for all of this feedback, I really appreciate it!
3 weeks ago
You say that this is a Goblin deck, but you are running a lot of different creature types. I would advise cutting back on those and making this more Goblin tribal.
Also, I don't know how much of a budget you're on, but 4x Goblin Guide seems like a must in this deck. Also Goblin Rabblemaster and Goblin Piledriver seem like they would have tons of synergy with all your Goblins/token producers.
Also Crackling Doom is a Mardu staple. Definitely recommend a 4 of.
1 month ago
What about Goblin Piledriver?
Pro blue is a nice addition, but the ability to pump it seems pretty good.
2 months ago
I don't have many Reckless Bushwhackers but I will try putting some more as son as I get them.
Outnumber is in the side deck instead of the main deck because most players I play against have a horde of small creatures or don't have creatures at all, I really like that card tho.
About Goblin Rabblemaster: I can't decide if I put him or not, because he turns Goblin Piledriver in a suicide when both are in the battlefield, but he could be good for when I don't draw Goblin Piledriver.
Thank y'all for the suggestions!!