Creature — Goblin Warrior
Protection from blue ((Remember the acronym debt.) This creature can't be damaged, enchanted, equipped, blocked or targeted by anything blue. Anything blue attached to this creature immediately falls off.)
Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin.
|Have (5)||rockleemyhero , metalmagic , Mortiferus_Rosa , pskinn01 , Bluboltar|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Goblin Piledriver occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Goblin Piledriver Discussion
3 months ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
3 months ago
Ok here my Goblin Deck:
Creatures, Goblins, 22:
2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin (3 cmc that permanent +1,+1 counter to itself every turn. and when attacks puts out a number of 1/1 goblins equal to uts power), not great by itself, but when its pumped is almost as good as Krenko Mob Boss, but cheaper 3 cmc, FASTER, doesnt TIE up mana like with Mob Boss, so actually better then 4 cmc Mob Boss.
4 Mox Opal
2,3,4 Wooded Foothills
2,3,4 Bloodstained Mire .
The general idea of how tgis deck works is:
Get goblins, creatures out FAST:
Either Kuldotha Rebirth either a Mox Opal, or a Memnite turn 1, or 2 memnites, 1 signal pest, or best ia 1 signal pest, 1, 2 memnites, 3 1/1 goblin tokens from rebirth.
Signal pest, or Wardriver, or Bushwhacker, or Chieftain,or Krenko Kingpin
Turn 3: kingpin, Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Goblin Grwnade
Turn 4: Rabblemaster, Piledriver, Kingpin, Goblin Grenade.
So this gets goblins out fast. Then pumps them up, then Krenko Kingpin, in addition to Kuldotha Rebirth puts out lots goblins that pump up Piledriver, Rabblemaster, STUPIDLY BIG.
So deck goes wide, and stupidly big, and fast, and removes threats, and uses the removal to burn, finiah opponents off.
Also on rare bad draws, can do 15 damage to opponent on turns 3,4 by Goblin Grenade, then Narset Reversal Copy it, for 10 damage then Genade goes back to hand, where I can recast it for 5 more damage for 15 total damage.
This also works great for destroying 10/10, 15/15 tramplers.
So here is a optimal draw, play.
Turn 1: 1,2 Memnites, 2 Mox Opal, use 1 Mox to Rebirth 3 1/1 goblins. 1 signal pest.
Board: 1 Pest, 1,2 Memnites, 3 1/1 goblins, 1 Mox Opal
Turn 2: Chieftain: everything attacks.
Board: 3, 3/2 goblin tokens, 1,2, 2/1 memnites, 1, 3/2 Chieftain. For 16 possible damage.
Turn 3: Kingpin, Pest.
Kingpin: +1 to 1/2 itself. 2/2. +1 +1 from Chieftan, 3/3, +1 from pest. 4/3. Kingpin makes 4, 1/1 goblins that hasted by Chieftain.
7 3/2 goblin tokens.
2, 2/1 memnites
1 3/2 Chieftan
1 4/3 Kingpin
32 max damage possible turn 3.
Turn 4: Piledriver, Wardriver.
Kingpin: +1 to itself, 3/3, +1 +1 from Chief, 4/4, +1 from Pest, 5/4, +1 from pest, 6/4, +1 from Wardriver, 7/4.
Kingpin makes 7, 1/1 goblins hasted, pumped by Chief.
7 + 7 more from kingpin =
14 5/2 goblin tokens, pumped by 2 pest, 1 Wardriver, 1 Chief
1 5/3 Wardriver
1 5/2 chieftain
1 7/4 kingpin
2, 4/1 memnites
2, 2/1 Pest
1 39/3 Piledriver
142 max possible damage turn 4.
3 months ago
Dreadhorde Arcanist / Young Pyromancer ; strong and meta, but end up defining any deck they are in. Break Through the Line is an interesting enabler, but cards that aren't dealing damage are a little weak here.
4 months ago
now as for this deck itself, i'd heavily recommend cutting Krenko, Mob Boss for Goblin Chieftain , trade Lavastep Raider for Goblin Piledriver , cut 4 mountain for Lightning Bolt , and trade the enchantments and Hordeling Outburst for 4 Krenko's Command and 4 Throne of the God-Pharaoh
4 months ago
My goblins usually tap em out by turn 4, Foundry Street Denizen is a champ especially with Goblin Piledriver . Goblin Chieftain helps get Krenko, Mob Boss for t4 goblin cranks, I back mine up with Lightning Bolt + Flame Slash + Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle .
Mob boss is great, but I usually get Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin out and working a turn sooner.
Embercleave is a good add too if your looking for more umph.
5 months ago
Hey, looks good. If you're mentioning to check out a video of your deck perhaps include a link to the video?
Gamble can tutor for Skullclamp or Blood Moon , etc. Goblin Chirurgeon can protect Krenko or another Goblin. Mass Hysteria is a one mana haste enabler. Reverberate can be a versatile spell for Mono Red in multiplayer Commander since it can copy a spell an opponent casts such as a tutor. Goblin Piledriver can be a powerful two drop attacking Goblin. Ruination can ruin your opponents.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Goblin Rally
- Battle Squadron
- Kindred Charge
- Reckless One
- Desert of the Fervent
- Forgotten Cave
5 months ago
If you have to the funds to get more Rakdos dual lands than just Dragonskull then I think Munitions Expert is a good reason to play Rakdos over Mono Red. Unearth can also be powerful with Goblins. Duress is a good budget sideboard card.
4x Dragonskull is not enough dual lands to play black with Goblins. You'll want minimum 12x Rakdos dual lands to consistently play Munitions Expert. Some budget options are Foreboding Ruins , Unclaimed Territory , some Smoldering Marsh .
Example budget manabase:
- 4x Dragonskull
- 4x Ruins
- 2x Territory
- 2x Marsh
- 1x Swamp
- 9x Mountain
This is by no means an ideal manabase, but it's budget. If on a low budget and can't afford all these Rakdos dual lands then Mono Red is the better option. Just play Mountains, don't have to worry about getting dual lands. Can instead use those funds for more higher priced Goblins such as Goblin Piledriver .
5 months ago
I am Patolea
Favorite deck: Dune: He Who Can Destroy a Thing, Controls a Thing
Player archetype: Aggro Value
Short bio: I'm a brazilian guy, working on Air Force. I have been playing magic for ~15 years (since Onslaught), and I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro. Nice to meet you all!
Favorite color: Red
Favorite guild: Golgari
Favorite shard: Jund
Favorite wedge: Mardu
My favorite of my decks: The Great Depression Tazri Budget 40$
Card that represents me: Goblin Piledriver