|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Giant Warrior
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may put X +1/+1 counters on Hamletback Goliath, where X is that creature's power.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (41)||Njc12345 , gildan_bladeborn , Candyman949 , Gabeph , NCN946 , saj0219 , , pskinn01 , duff87 , DFDGamer , PTsmitty , Thunderbeard , rakdos24 , mziter501 , Feyd-Rautha , Mortiferus_Rosa , Swamy , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , YossarianLives , sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , Bad_Dog , Vasbear1 , Pelli , bradyofportdetroit , ZombieFood , Puzzlemayor , switchkill65 , Ellyreia , Nemesis , darthnuchi , Ashy , bakeraj4 , Tiddilywinkus , Kravian , Caldazar , acbooster , Axtel , sonnet666 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , joshw335|
Hamletback Goliath Discussion
1 day ago
Gotta love Brion! He's my favorite Boros commander. Here are some ideas I've been using:
- Neheb, the Eternal; for some wonderful extra red mana to toy with after Brion's flung something;
- Hamletback Goliath; the idea of giants flinging other giants is just too funny; and this thing makes for some wonderful ammo;
- Flameshadow Conjuring; for the insignificant price of one extra red mana, you get a temporary copy of whatever you've just summoned (assuming it's not something legendary), sounds like a good deal;
- Deathrender; the flung creature dropped its sword, time for a replacement to step in :)
Hope any of this helps. Should you be inclined, I would appreciate your feedback on one of my decks. Happy brewing and playing.
1 week ago
Thanks a bunch for your comments and upvote.
Hamletback Goliath is a great idea. What I like most about him, is that he also grows whenever a creature appears on an opponents' side. His most important drawback, is that unless he has support from some sort of trample-enabler, he can be blocked by a 1/1 chump. The deck does contain some of these enablers though. I could even replace a basic land with a Rogue's Passage and make him unblockable that way (as well as a host of other creatures). I'm going to think on this for a bit; also on what I would cut should I decide to add him.
Dragonlord Atarka and Bogardan Hellkite are cool as they sort of double as damage-sorceries. However, I believe the deck currently contains more powerful nukers atm that I'd rather use (Angel of Serenity, Balefire Dragon and the eldrazi's). Still, I'll keep this in mind though in case the deck somehow needs to become more nuke-heavy.
1 week ago
Cool looking deck, I have a similar style deck but not in commander format, but it runs in a similar style with Elvish Piper
A few creatures you could consider are Hamletback Goliath as he gets bigger with every other creature you play and with the guys in here he could get or retry massive.
4 weeks ago
Have you thought of including Deathrender? It's pretty sweet in and of itself, and with Thornbite on Brion it lets you throw your entire hand at your opponents at 1 mana per card, and every hit gets 2 extra damage to boot.
1 month ago
@ticked-off-squirrel: Thank you for your input!
I like my spells cheap and powerful. If I have to pay 2 mana for a dork it has to do something more than just 1 mana. So Weaver of Currents and Druid of the Cowl are just not good enough for me. I even consider cutting Zhur-Taa Druid as the damage is negligible and he is only around for the cheesy druid kill if I have infinite untaps.
While lifegain can be nice I dont really need a card like Anointer Priest. The tokens can block most of the attackers and the extra life doesn't help me with winning faster.
Hamletback Goliath is just a fatty with way too high CMC. Sure he gets big, but still dies to a removal like any other creature.
I tried From Beyond before and it was just too slow for me. It has to stick around for at least 3 turns to produce the same amount of tokens any other spell would do for the same mana cost. I'd rather cast Anointed Procession for my 4 mana and de facto halve the cost of my following token spells.
Deploy to the Front is the definition of a "win more" card for this deck. Most of the time 5 to 8 tokens are enough to get me infinite. While more tokens make things easier for sure that many are not necessary. But even if I would cast this, 7 mana is a hefty price. If I can't follow up immediately that same turn everybody and their mom will want wipe my board, most likely with a spell that's cheaper than 7 mana.
1 month ago
you should replace Young Pyromancer with Weaver of Currents it almost pays for itself with it's mana output and makes a nice blocker. Druid of the Cowl is also another nice mana dork as you call it. having a Anointer Priest could also be good cause you could gain allot of life from the tokens that way if shit hits the fan you have a big cushion to sit on while you repair your situation. Hamletback Goliath is also another good card for tokens. while yes he is spendy at 7 mana he becomes a big whacker which can easily draw attention away from your main plan. Goblinslide can also work cause you can squeeze out one more token from your other non-creature spells that may or may not make tokens on their own. From Beyond is both a mana spitter and a token spitter. Deploy to the Front could be kinda good. yes it is a 7 mana sorcery but you could get upwards of 50+ tokens from it alone.
2 months ago
Nice Locust deck; very accessible because it can obtained with a small budget! The following additions will keep the deck on budget (mostly), but will probably make it a lot more powerful:
- Laboratory Maniac; just in case you run out of stuff to draw.
- Whirlpool Rider; slightly less powerful version of Whirlpool Warrior, but still great.
- Mindwrack Liege; not the cheapest option, but will make your Locusts very strong.
- High Tide; great for summoning the Locust God early.
- Keep Watch; very funny once you have a few Locusts to attack with; can also be used during opponents' turns.
- Rites of Initiation; like Coat of Arms, can act as a finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Goblin Bombardment; in case you have enough Locusts and some particular creature is bothering you. Can also prove very effective damage if an opponent has somehow prevented you from using your Locusts as attackers.
- Breath of Fury; this can be an insanely funny finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Burn at the Stake; lots of fun if you have the Locusts.
- Enter the Infinite; requires a lot of mana, but if it's not countered this will basically end the game in your favor by creating a gazillion Locusts.
- Library of Leng; just in case you feel like discarding into your graveyard sucks, also acts as a second Thought Vessel.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh; this is pretty powerful if you have just attacked with a bunch of Locusts.
As for cuts to make room for the above, I would suggest cutting Aetherworks Marvel, Decoction Module and Fabrication Module; in order for any of these to be of real value, you need all of them on the field (or at the very least two out of three). I would also cut Hamletback Goliath; you don't need such a big stomper (without trample I might add) order to win.
Hope any of this makes sense. Have fun playing! And should you have time to give feedback on one of my decks, I would appreciate it!
4 months ago
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, Lifeblood Hydra ,Kalonian Hydra, Ivy Elemental, Ignition Team, Hooded Hydra Heroes' Bane, Hamletback Goliath, Gyre Sage, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden, Golgari Grave-Troll, Genesis Hydra, Furyborn Hellkite, Foe-Razer Regent,Drakestown Forgotten, Cytoplast Root-Kin