|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
Legendary Creature — Insect Shaman
Whenever a player sacrifices another permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Willis1994 , bakunet , sombrevivo , Vasbear1 , , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , angesoir , Jpegwun , killstars , Reliva , KingMathoro , Shiromakuro , Skydra2 , Pro_Noob , Riku580 , sepheroth119 , Diamonddragon2002 , mziter501 , awalloftext , Big-Foot , mycheze , ZombieFood , frederiklw , Vergil_Redgrail|
|Want (18)||CoastWizard , psoliver , metalevolence , CryAll , Sky_Ward_Syndicate , Talonisnthavingit , insertcleverid , zenroc , spawneerie , CHAREDot9 , ChineseDude , NivStormfront , RedJokr , Syram , Turtlelover73 , Lythia , Squirrel_of_War , mlouden03|
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest Discussion
1 day ago
Since you came and helped me out, I will return the favor!
Cards that could be replaced:
Acidic Slime: I personally feel Reclamation Sage just outshines the slime. For 2 more mana, all you're getting is deathtouch and the option of destroying lands, which our commander is already capable of doing himself (if needed).
Nevinyrral's Disk: I personally don't like all that much. This has a lot to do with the fact it comes in tapped, and the fact that I prefer Pernicious Deed. If you don't feel like you need this, it could very easily be replaced!
Warchief Giant: This card I would argue could be replaced. The other two are more impactful when they connect. However I realize he is a personal fav of yours, but it's a possibility ;)
Elixir of Immortality: I personally don't see much use for this. If you want the option of putting stuff back in your library, I would instead put in Haunted Crossroads from your maybeboard (since I assume you're intending to save creatures with it!). Also, the shuffle means you have technically lost access to them anyway, when they rightfully belong on top of our deck!
All artifact ramp over 4 mana: I personally would replace all of them with 2 mana signets and Fellwar Stone. That means you will rarely come into a situation where you can't cast one!
Sifter Wurm: I believe this card could be replaced as well!
Inclusions to maybeboard:
Viscera Seer: Nice sacc and top deck filter!
Aetherworks Marvel: Since you have a little energy theme going already, this could be another fun inclusion!
Blade of Selves: What's better than myriad creatures? Having myriad on everything!! XD
Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: I just really like the idea of this card in the deck, with us saccing opponents permanents and our own!
Price of Glory: If you really hate that everyone else playing at instant/flash speed. We don't really have that many ways to interact with players on their turns anyway! :P
Xenagos, God of Revels: Our dragon is now a 2 turn clock!
Hope this helps making the deck even more awesome!
4 days ago
I think you should put in Meren of Clan Nel Toth, and here are a list of most of the Ghave infinites:
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Sigil Captain = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Juniper Order Ranger = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Cathars' Crusade = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + any creature with Undying = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Doubling Season = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Doubling Season = infinite colored mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Cathars' Crusade = infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + any creature with Undying = infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite (except the undying creature)
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Sigil Captain = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Juniper Order Ranger = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Paralell Lives = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Illusionist's Bracers= Infinite tokens
As you can see, most of the include: Earthcraft. I suggest adding in Earthcraft, Illusionist's Bracers, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Triskelion, Walking Ballista, Parallel Lives, and Strangleroot Geist(for the persist creature. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed with any other creature and it works the same way.)
I suggest taking out Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Utopia Mycon, Fertilid, Thallid Soothsayer, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Krav, the Unredeemed, and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest. To make this more competitive I'd also suggest auto-sac creatures like Fleshbag Marauder or Merciless Executioner.
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but Ghave, Guru of Spores is really quite the combo master.
4 days ago
I've been putting together a budget Muldrotha list and my budget constraints have led me to find quite a few amazing cards that pair with Muldrotha.
First off, with all your sacrifice/reanimator affects, using cards that take advantage of those affects will be beneficial. Butcher of Malakir, Dictate of Erebos, and Grave Pact add a lot of control to the deck. Cards like Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner get extra value, as does every one of your sacrifice engines. Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest makes these affects even more powerful. Pump up your whole army while picking off theirs or gaining value through sacrifice engines.
Nyx Weaver and Splinterfright are excellent ways to fill your graveyard in addition to what you're already running. Sidisi, Brood Tyrant also helps to fill your graveyard while providing extra value for your self milling in the form of a zombie army.
Executioner's Capsule is excellent repeatable removal that takes up an artifact slot. Very valuable. Tormod's Crypt helps shut down opposing graveyard strategies, over and over for free. Wayfarer's Bauble provides ramp in the artifact slot.
Attrition is an excellent sacrifice engine that is also repeatable removal. False Demise serves as a way to keep your commander on the battleground or take an opponents creature/commander. Font of Fertility provides ramp in the enchantment slot. Heightened Awareness is a great way to draw an extra card every turn for practically free. Monastery Siege provides similar value. Seal of Removal gives repeatable bounce in an enchantment slot. Vessel of Nascency gives repeatable draw and fills your yard in an enchantment slot.
Here's some good value cards I've found in my deck building process: Dawnstrider provides repeatable fogs while not really costing you anything once your commander is out. Hermit Druid fills your yard and provides land consistency. Waterfront Bouncer provides repeatable creature bouncing. Silverglade Pathfinder provides repeatable ramp. Hell's Caretaker provides repeatable reanimation. Coiling Oracle is full of value. Siren Stormtamer helps repeatedly keep your creatures safe. Best part about all of these is that they're easy sacrifice fodder once you no longer need the abilities and they work crazy well with Skullclamp, which is easily the best sacrifice engine you can run in this deck.
I love playing Muldrotha because I feel there are so many ways to play her and they're all viable. Hopefully this helps :)
3 weeks ago
My wife's favorite deck is her Meren deck. It's the scourge of our playgroup; many a groan is heard when she brings it out :) I like where you're going with your setup, but I think there's room for improvement. Since your deck hardly contains expensive cards, I'll recommend cheap (no more than 5 dollars per card) improvements only:
- Archfiend of Depravity: forces everyone's army (except yours) to remain relatively small (unless your opponents have massive summoning/token generation capabilities within single turns) by having everyone sac all creatures except for two every turn.
- Grim Haruspex: draw whenever you a non-token creature of yours dies (which should happen a lot :))
- Hermit Druid: your graveyard is essentially your second library with Meren out. This card allows you to mill yourself a lot and thereby increases the amount of options you have with Meren's recursion abilities.
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: imagine you're facing three opponents and you have this card and several other creatures out. You force each of your opponents to sac a creature: bamn! All your creatures gain three +1/+1 counters. And that's just the bonus when forcing them to sac one creature. Imagine if it's two. Or three ...
- Buried Alive: almost a 'must' in any Meren deck. Acts as a powerful tutor with Meren on the field.
- Deathreap Ritual: keep in mind this doesn't just allow you to draw cards during your own turn (in case something dies), but the same goes for everyone else's turns!
In case you need any more ideas, here's the link to my wife's Meren deck! Have fun with your Meren build!
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
NV_1980, many thanks for your suggestions! I especially like Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, since on multiple occasions I've sacrificed 3+ saprolingsto buff up cards, now I can share the love! I also appreciate that he's flying too, which needs more representation in this deck (or defense from flying at least).
Spike Weaver is so cool, and I can already imagine how frustrated my friends will get over that card!
1 month ago
Ghave is an incredible commander; great fun to play with :) I've got some suggestions for you, but since you've thus far managed to keep the deck's required budget pretty low, I've decided to divide my suggestions into low-budget and high-budget ones:
Low budget suggestions
- Fertilid: By using this creature to tutor your lands from your deck, you'll also be able to sift through your deck more efficiently.
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade: with all those counters flying around, there will be green mana aplenty for you!
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: Ghave's sac ability makes this creature great fun to use. Especially since it pumps Ghave up as well.
- Second Harvest: in a token deck, this card can double most of your creature-force which makes it pretty powerful.
- Harvest Season: fantastic way to get lots of lands from your library in one go.
- Ashnod's Altar: this card could power a lot of different interesting combo's. I'll give you an example: Ghave, Guru of Spores + Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest + Ashnod's Altar can create infinite colorless mana: start the combo by removing a +1/+1 counter from Ghave to create a saproling, sacrifice it to Ashnod's altar to generate 2 colorless mana. By doing that, every creature you control gains a +1/+1 counter (including Ghave). Rinse and repeat.
High budget suggestions
- Reyhan, Last of the Abzan: never lose the +1/+1 counters you've already granted!
- Spike Weaver: wonderful creature that has the potential to make enemy combat basically useless.
- razaketh, the foulblooded : with this many tokens around, Razaketh becomes a great tool to fetch your win conditions.
- Anointed Procession/Parallel Lives/Doubling Season: pretty expensive cards but for a very good reason. These cards make Ghave a very, very hard commander to beat as the amount of tokens (and counters) you generate quickly becomes too insane to mention.
- Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos: these make Ghave's sac ability even more powerful, not to mention any attempt to kill your Saprolings as well.
Hope any of this helps. Have fun brewing and playing this!
1 month ago
you'll probably like Symbiotic Wurm, Nantuko Husk, Scute Mob, Skylasher, and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest since they all fit the theme, colors, and synergize well with your other cards. As for budget lands, I suggest Evolving Wilds, Jungle Hollow, Terramorphic Expanse, and Golgari Rot Farm. Good luck finding all the cards you need and welcome back to magic!