At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Awakening Zone Discussion
14 hours ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
18 hours ago
Bane of Progress, Puppeteer Clique, Fecundity, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Skinrender, Cauldron of Souls, Triumph of the Hordes, Creakwood Liege, Awakening Zone, Phyrexian Arena, Contagion Engine, Eldrazi Monument, Harbinger of Night, Cinderhaze Wretch, Nullmage Shepherd, Song of the Dryads
1 day ago
Ah a fellow token abuser... Well, for all that's worth, i'd suggest a good old squirrel combo with Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft! Where the first can get you a free token for a land tap, the latter is basically a better version of Cryptolith Rite (as long as you have at least a basic), for the tokens can be tapped on the same turn they enter the battlefield... And well, together they simply overrun any opponent with an infinite army of squirrels!
Then, i usually play a Craterhoof Behemoth, with some tokens you can bypass any defense.
I'd suggest also an Eldrazi Monument, for when you have a good generation of tokens and want them to fly up in the sky.
Other cards... Second Harvest is good, a little situational though; Awakening Zone and From Beyond are a reliable source of tokens AND mana, but to fully exploit the second one you should run an eldrazi (which, in my opinion, is never a bad choice).
6 days ago
Oh my...What have you created? It's glorious!
First, Awakening Zone gives you a little bit of mana fixing and a great deal of creatures. Just wait until you play an Overrun on them, that will be hillari-
What? You are not playing Overrun? oh... Mana fixing it is!
Next, you have Warstorm Surge. This is not an exact requirement, but take a look at the power of your creatures. It's insane!
Finally, you have Quietus Spike. This card... It's terrible. This is probably the most painstaking card I have ever been exposed to. The deathtouch I can deal with, but half my life?! This will make so many people rage, especially if you can get it on one of your dragons.
I hope this helps! I hope you have many wondrous games with this epic weapon! Two things I have noticed is...1. You have both Wurmcoil Engine and Terastodon on your decklist twice. I am not sure if this was an accident or not, but just pointing it our just in case.2. I just realized that these cards were all in the Planechase Anthology. I don't know why...
6 days ago
There are a few cards I included that I don't see in your list though.
Random suggestions: Tempt with Vengeance synergizes with doublers and is a good late game token sorcery, Fecundity synergizes with devour, Gruul Signet allows one of your many incolor lands to produce colored mana, Green Sun's Zenith sounds like the kind of tutor you'd want, Mosswort Bridge synergizes with Thromok or just a decent board.
I had other things like Wolfbriar Elemental and Skullmulcher in my first version but I can see the drawbacks with these. Anyway have you tested with these cards ? I'm curious to see what you think of them.
1 week ago
Ok, so, I have been playing Mazirek since it was released. My meta is fairly competitive, so I'll have had a different experience than you will, but I can offer both some card advice, and some priority cards to focus on finding if your budget ever increases. I'll include a link at the end of this comment if you want to look.
First things first: everything with persist is a combo with Mazirek. It dies, it gets -1/-1, and then gets the +1/+1 from Mazirek. These cancel one another out. Aerie Ouphes goes infinite on its own with Mazirek - no sacrifice outlet is needed. Woodfall Primus is always going to be worth playing. Puppeteer Clique is also worth using and re-using to get all creatures from the graveyard with infinite +1/+1 counters. Not too shabby. There are others depending on how much of a combo deck you want this to be.
Past that, there are some cards that are just completely broken in Mazirek. One such card is Dark Prophecy. It will give you a massive amount of card draw. I also can't help but notice that you do not have a Phyrexian Arena in here. It is more or less not optional in these colors. For a little higher budget look to Necropotence, the best card draw in Commander. If you can afford to buy both, you should run both. Primal Vigor is worth playing if your friends aren't also playing a token deck (or an Atraxa deck).
For token generation, the most powerfulnoptions for this shell are without a doubt Bitterblossom and Awakening Zone. From Beyond, Creakwood Liege, and Master of the Wild Hunt are all very good as well. Then, to sacrifice them, you're going to want either an infinite sac outlet (especially if you are trying to do a persist combo) such as Phyrexian Altar or Ashnod's Altar. If you want to play a little more fair, Evolutionary Leap is awesome. Don't forget Tomb of Urami as a finisher.
As for non-budget cards: fetch lands are each a sac trigger. My deck has all of the possible fetch lands (such as Verdant Catacombs) and a Crucible of Worlds. If you go that route, there are plenty of lands that sac for various reasons. See my deck for a convenient list. One of the best cards in this playstyle is Earthcraft, and it makes infinite tokens with Squirrel Nest. Scapeshift in the later game will make most of your creatures lethal.
Commander / EDH
91 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
2 weeks ago
Conduit of Ruin seems like a good add to this deck. Lets you tutor for the answer you need to win the game while also making your creatures spells cheaper. It also reduces the cost of your Emerge casts.
Also, don't give your dad any mercy. There's a special sort of pride that comes with being surpassed by your children. Keep giving him that gift.
3 weeks ago
Have you considered running Dictate of Erebos? It can act as a stand in for Butcher of Malakir until it hits the field. Then they both trigger when a creature you control dies. Some other ones to consider are Morkrut Necropod, From Beyond, Bone Splinters, Altar's Reap, and Awakening Zone.