|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control have ": Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||BlueMageBrandon , EdenGardenz , DudeMan1031 , tragic_slip , ecurps , Venser_the_Sojoner , RedSinR , philktoken8998 , KB2187 , jhTheMan99 , fireborne1986 , Mousemke , mcstang1986 , ibraJG84 , clayperce , gildan_bladeborn , Caldazar|
|Want (2)||TheRealPeaches , Turtlelover73|
Cryptolith Rite Discussion
5 hours ago
To be fair, there are far easier, and less rule questioning, ways to get infinite mana than with Devoted Druid.
For instance both Sword of the Paruns and Umbral Mantle can make any of your high mana producers go infinite such as with Elvish Archdruid to name just one. But a cleverly placed Elvish Guidance can also go infinite just with either of the above artifacts and Arbor Elf.
Wirewood Lodge and something like your cradle, or even just Maze of Ith and a basic land (mid combat only on that one), are also able to go infinite with Argothian Elder, but I'll admit those might be a bit of a stretch to utilize. However it is technically more likely to be assembled due to green having land tutors, as opposed to artifact tutors.
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
1 day ago
I'd also like to emphasize the already suggested Earthcraft. Being able to tap a creature for mana the turn it comes in is amazing benefit. I run both a Marath, Will of the Combo and a Ghave, Guru of Combos deck, so I can attest to its usefulness, as well as its superiority to Cryptolith Rite. (Though I would likely say run both)
Also, Mana Echoes generates an obscene amount of colorless mana. If that's something you think you can use or not is up to you.
1 day ago
Ah a fellow token abuser... Well, for all that's worth, i'd suggest a good old squirrel combo with Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft! Where the first can get you a free token for a land tap, the latter is basically a better version of Cryptolith Rite (as long as you have at least a basic), for the tokens can be tapped on the same turn they enter the battlefield... And well, together they simply overrun any opponent with an infinite army of squirrels!
Then, i usually play a Craterhoof Behemoth, with some tokens you can bypass any defense.
I'd suggest also an Eldrazi Monument, for when you have a good generation of tokens and want them to fly up in the sky.
Other cards... Second Harvest is good, a little situational though; Awakening Zone and From Beyond are a reliable source of tokens AND mana, but to fully exploit the second one you should run an eldrazi (which, in my opinion, is never a bad choice).
1 day ago
Thanks for the suggestion thecakeisalie42! You are totally right! First I thought forest against forest that taps a turn later, why?!
1 day ago
And here are some spells (sorry for not compiling all this into one post)
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Worm Harvest
- Army of the Damned
- Roar of the Wurm
- Diabolic Intent
- Idyllic Tutor
- Decree of Justice
oh yeah, Cryptolith Rite is really good in token decks.
3 days ago
Actually every creature in play is a green mana thanks to Cryptolith Rite and yeah I gotta put something in to get it on the board. I forgot about that.
3 days ago
I can see where this is going, and I like it, but there are two major hurdles to cross. One is that your curve drops a lot of creatures on to the battlefield a little late, and they don't have the immediate board presence to offset this loss- this isn't Gatekeeper of Malakir stuff- eternal witness is a great card but its just a bear the turn you play it, and that is unlikely to be enough to survive in this fast-paced metagame.
The second issue is unreliable mana- your lands are entering untapped which is essential for creature based aggro, but are not providing multiple colours, effectively leaving multiple cards in your hand blank.
I'd reccomend adding the following, and cutting the number of cards that don't have an immediate impact on the game.
Don't talk about the price - Noble Hierarch Knight of the Reliquary+fetches Horizon Canopy Blood Moon etc. Just look at tournament lists at this point. All lists including this type of card have been largely explored and optimised, so its not much worth mucking around with.
I'd reccomend cryptolith over prismatic, because you need the added acceleration if you're sacrificing a turn to play it in a deck that wants to be attacking and casting bigger stuff. That said, you could just play token spells in those slots or some more lands. It doesn't look as flashy, but it keeps the deck running smoothly without 'loosing' a turn.
You can make the deck a lot, lot more stable by leaving a colour to later in the game, only including a single basic and alternative ways of producing the mana, allowing you to reliably cast creatures turns 1-2-3. You aren't pumping out hoardes of goblin or elemental tokens or abusing flicker for impact tremors to be super effective, so leaving the only red spells as Kessig Malcontents as a finishing blow in an otherwise green/white list will be a lot more reliable. Swap kytheon and twin bolt main to sideboard- you might want to keep the impact tremors there if you face a lot of Fog effects.
Borderland ranger is too expensive mana wise for what it does- Harrow is an instant and leaves two lands untapped and better creatures are out there to fix mana. There are better cards for that slot.
All told, playtest, look at what other people are doing and most of all, have fun!