|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Nessian Game Warden
Creature — Beast
When Nessian Game Warden enters the battlefield, look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Forests you control. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nessian Game Warden Discussion
9 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 year ago
Supahpikmin, Aspect of Hydra looks excellent, same with Reverent Hunter Arbor Colossus looks alright, good sideboard addition. Nessian Game Warden I'm not sure about Nessian Game Warden, but I'll give it a try. How could I forget Terra Stomper?
Pieguy396, Great suggestion, I had totally forgotten about Nature's Lore. I was hoping to use Lure as something akin to a board wipe, by putting it on my biggest creature and swinging. What would you suggest instead?
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas!
1 year ago
Some cool cards for ya:
Aspect of Hydra for kicking enemies in the face, maybe Nylea's Disciple for survivability, Reverent Hunter for also kicking your opponents in the face, Skyreaping as a sideboard, Arbor Colossus is nice card in general, Nessian Game Warden for fetch (maybe), Terra Stomper because it's a straight upgrade to Plated Slagwurm
1 year ago
One thing I like about this deck is actually some of the pseudo card draw that green has. See, Seasons Past, Lead the Stampede, Nessian Game Warden, and things like that all act as card draw. Never mind Hunter's Prowess, which sort of turns any of the beatsticks into a means of refilling your hand completely. Hence, I'm not really too worried about running out of cards. The creatures take a lot to cast, therefore won't be cast quickly. And then there's Garruk's Horde, which lets my hand sometimes have an additional card. I see your point though, and card draw is always a concern in these colours.
And LittleBlueHero, I never knew Dromoka was female... I'll adjust that. Thanks!
1 year ago
Heyo! Just stopping by to give you some tips for making the deck more competitive.
First of all, your average CMC is reaaaally high, even for green. We wanna get that number down closer to three.
To do this, I would recommend cutting the following:
Worldspine Wurm - It doesn't fit with your ETB theme, and is really just a big dumb beater.
Terastodon - While his effect is amazing if you're able to abuse it, I just don't think this deck can reliably produce the mana needed to really get nasty with a 9-mana creature.
Boundless Realms - in a deck that wants to be resolving things on other players turns, tapping out for this is basically never going to be the best play.
Avenger of Zendikar - this may seem like a weird one, but without much of a landfall theme, all Avenger really does is make some blockers, and while this is pretty good, I think that Hornet Queen does the job better, and you don't need two 7-mana slots devoted to defense. Put Avenger into oakenshit.
Ulvenwald Hydra - has a pretty weak ETB ability, is french vanilla otherwise.
Jolrael, Empress of Beasts - Not too great on her own, and the Nev's Disk combo is unreliable at best. You'd rather tutor for fantastic creatures than for her, and idk. She got cut from Sisay for a reason, and Sisay ran about 6x as many wipes.
Nessian Game Warden - seems meh. 5 mana to draw a card. pass.
Into the Wilds - I believe this card is just worse than a mana dork or a mana rock. Doesn't have flash, maybe provides an extra mana for the rest of the game, but its about 60/40. Dorks are guaranteed acceleration.
Cryptolith Rite - Strictly better version available.
Helix Pinnacle - not a very viable wincon in this deck.
Ok, so them's the cuts. 15 of them to be exact. What should replace them? I vote elves, removal, and more.
Elvish Archdruid - a second priest of titania for the infinite combo
Recycle - Allows chaining mana dorks EOT, very sweet.
Skullclamp - one of the best draw spells ever printed.
Quest for Renewal - half-seedborn muse.
Beastmaster Ascension - Game-winning swings with mana dorks.
Worldly Tutor - get that sabertooth
Sylvan Tutor - get that seedborn
Wirewood Symbiote - creature protection & ramp
Beast Within - Removal is so good!
Song of the Dryads - Removal is so good! (benefit its a permanent)
Reclamation Sage - Removal is so good! (benefit its a permanent)
Eternal Witness - Recursion is real good!
Joraga Treespeaker - T1 this, T2 level up and 2 dorks seems good
Earthcraft - mana! strictly better than cryptolith rite bc the creatures don't need haste to activate the turn they come down.
Craterhoof Behemoth - this card's text is wrong, it should read "you win the game''. thats how good this card is.
Natural Order - Sac a dork, get a craterhoof, win the game.
This is actually 15 adds, but I'm not sure what the final cut should be. Probably one of the more expensive enchantment but idk.
1 year ago
Version 1.3 is here!
In this version i removed a copy of each temple from the cube to encourage the use of mono colored and duo colored decks rather then 3 colored ones. I swapped out the temples in favour for:
This To give all colours an equal amount of cards since i added Chained to the rocks before and also buff some of the color combinations that is currently struggeling. I added in The 3 unknown shores for additional fixing that also works better with aggro decks since they where a bit slow with the temples.