|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Nessian Game Warden
Creature — Beast
When Nessian Game Warden enters the battlefield, look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Forests you control. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Nessian Game Warden Discussion
2 months ago
so i dont have much removal so Kraul Harpooner is a silver bullet. i have to bespecific with card draw since i dont want to lose to my own primal surge hence the Garruk's Packleader and Nessian Game Warden . i am not a avenger fan but adephage and worldspine are on the short list
2 months ago
Great deck. You've got HEAPS of mana dorks though. Do you need that many when your commander already makes the fatties cheaper?
Also +1 for including Surrak for flavour reasons.
4 months ago
Love the concept! gota couple suggestions, figured I'll accordian them to keep from filling up the whole page.
Predator, Flagship is costly, but lets be honest - mono-green doesn't care about that. giving flight for troops to evade or block, anti-aircraft cannons, and the tractor beam to lift up enemy ground-pounders, this colorless removal engine is worth evey mana spent on it.
Arena + Combat step: Declare attackers. Before blockers, activate arena, Choosing one of your tapped attacking creatures. the creature picks a fight before blockers, potentially giving a 2-1 for you if they block afterwards, but otherwise taking out a blocker and still getting all their damage through.
Genesis is amazing for recusion, if that's your thing (I know it's mine, but not everyone elses), and it's a 3 drop if you hard cast it with Her fluffiness on the field.
Trolls of Tel-Jilad offers regen for your forces (or allies, in exchange for favors...)
Krosan warchief acts like a mini trolls of T-J for beasts, and reduces their cost as well. more a niche card, but worth mentioning if you end up going that route.
Weatherseed Treefolk is fragile, but returns to hand when killed.
Phytotitan is even more fragile, but returns for free
Masked Admirers is a card drawing chump blocker. while it doesn't get the cost reduction, it definatly will dish out the damage over a game with trades. and the card draw for ETB is icing on the cake.
Gurzigost is a wierd huge guy that smashes face, all for the low low cost of ... recycling your graveyard. oh no... /endsarcasm
Ulvenwald Hydra grows based on your land base, and fetches a land as an etb trigger. added bonus: has reach to deal with fliers.
Oran-Reif Hydra grows to monstrous sizes as the game progresses. not all that exciting, but cheap ($ wise)
Dungrove Elder is completely worth the G mana cost once you hit 4 lands, and will only get bigger as the game goes on.
Terra Stomper , Carnage Tyrant , Chameleon Colossus , Kodama of the North Tree , Kalonian Behemoth , Gaea's Revenge , and Ancient Ooze just do what they normally do with efficiency: smash. they aren't pretty or fancy, but they are cost efficient before your general's discount, so they smash hard for cheap.
Skysnare Spider has the two most important keywords for green multiplayer: vilgilance and reach
Hydra Omnivore lets you get damage through defenses of players by ignoring that player entirely and focusing elswhere.
Indrik Stomphowler and Conclave Naturalists might be good replacements for reclaimation sage, with you commander out they cost the same. Destructor Dragon acts the same on death, but hits planeswalkers and lands as well.
Woodfall Primus is a solid (abet later game) removal that returns to work again.
World Breaker acts as an exile, and is colorless to boot. added benefits are reach and recurrable.
Wickerbough Elder gets the cost reduction, despite being a 3/3 base when cast.
Wolfbriar Elemental lets you dump green into a token army of 2/2s if you need to spread out the love or create some chump blockers. quantity has it's own quality sometimes.
Vorapede is a undying buggy with vigilance for 3 when your general is out
Thornling is a solid all-round stomper that is hard to deal with, via indistructable and increasable toughness.
Thrun, the Last Troll is another hard to deal with threat: hexproof, uncounterable, and regenerate means not a whole lot can touch him.
Spearbreaker Behemoth can act as a duribility booster by giving indistructibility
Krosan Drover is a good card for the really expensive creatures, giving another cost reduction.
Ulvenwald Observer is a solid card-draw engine for the deck when things die
Nessian Game Warden lets you sift through your deck based on forests in play
Brooding Saurian is typically just a sideboard card against control matchups, but worth mentioning all the same.
Stone-Tongue Basilisk is a cheap ($ wise) little guy that can field-wipe an opponent if you time a swing right.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa should go in every green deck that he can. this goes double for mono-green. Overrun as an repeatable instant? check. wrath countermeasures? Living Plane that only hits opponents for G per land. totally worth it.
1 year ago
TheGeneralAdvisor , if I cut Rapacious One, Sin Prodder, Cudgel Troll, Flamespeaker's Will, Clan Defiance, Soul's Fire, Fire Servant, and Nessian Game Warden and considered adding Gruul Signet, Rampant Growth, Birds of Paradise, and Kodama's Reach, along with filling in more lands, do you think that would fix the mana problem, considering Ive already got 3 mana dorks. Maybe also adding in Manamorphose somewhere?
1 year ago
Hardened Scales is a must.
Burst of Strength is too weak imo.
Karametra's Favor is useless in this deck.
2 years ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 years ago
Supahpikmin, Aspect of Hydra looks excellent, same with Reverent Hunter Arbor Colossus looks alright, good sideboard addition. Nessian Game Warden I'm not sure about Nessian Game Warden, but I'll give it a try. How could I forget Terra Stomper?
Pieguy396, Great suggestion, I had totally forgotten about Nature's Lore. I was hoping to use Lure as something akin to a board wipe, by putting it on my biggest creature and swinging. What would you suggest instead?
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas!
2 years ago
Some cool cards for ya:
Aspect of Hydra for kicking enemies in the face, maybe Nylea's Disciple for survivability, Reverent Hunter for also kicking your opponents in the face, Skyreaping as a sideboard, Arbor Colossus is nice card in general, Nessian Game Warden for fetch (maybe), Terra Stomper because it's a straight upgrade to Plated Slagwurm
No data for this card yet.