|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Devoid (This card has no color.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 1/1 colourless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
, Sacrifice From Beyond: Search your library for an Eldrazi card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||ibraJG84 , SpaghettiToastBook , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , buildingadeck , Mousemke , gildan_bladeborn , Tiddilywinkus , failurechild88 , pskinn01 , Lindough , carsickpanda273 , , CAPT.Shock , accioali , Ellyreia , DarkMagician , Friedrice24 , GoldGhost012 , kaikaitanner , frederiklw , mziter501 , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , jhTheMan99 , PTsmitty , mazrimtaim , GeminiSpartanX , Va1mar , golgarigirl , Chandelier , Willis1994|
|Want (2)||Pylioz , The_Munchkin|
From Beyond Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
1 week ago
Primeval Titan is a really great ramp card/beater.
I agree with Disciple_of_Doran in that you'd might as well switch from blue to green if you want a ramp strategy, since you will have access to both Elvish Piper and Quicksilver Amulet, along with Awakening Zone, From Beyond, and the aforementioned Primeval Titan.
2 weeks ago
Or search for a eldrazi win condition with From Beyond and play it in the same turn.
2 weeks ago
My recommendations remove:
My recommendations add:
3 weeks ago
I jsut tried and I really like this deck, its quirky. So except for lands which I am not a master on, and you land base is okay if just a little slow. Here is what I'd add:
Ancestral Vision - Why not?
Eternal Witness - to save your Haze if removed
Chronomantic Escape - Thematic, and with a copy of haze can be cast lots ;)
Crescendo of War - I found I had a lot of creatures out, could be risky though if you struggle to maintain the board.
Curse of the Cabal - can be scary quickly
Darksteel Reactor - alt win con
Deadbridge Chant - maybe? I just like this card tbh
Rise of the Dark Realms - another win con
Delay - I hear counters are good?
Epochrasite - early game
Sidisi, Undead Vizier instead of demonic tutor
Honden of Life's Web cos shrines
And any eldrazi titan, Or mana drain cos I found I was floating lots late game. And why not have something beastie to scare them away?
3 weeks ago
I've been running this deck for a bit. Its a solid EDH deck out of the box that can be immediately competitive. The biggest issues I've had so far are pacing. It needs more bi-color lands, and more land fetch cards.
Some cards I'm looking at include Awakening Zone, Blooming Marsh, Bojuka Bog, Catacomb Sifter, Dark Depths, From Beyond, Hissing Quagmire, Woodland Cemetery, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Thespian's Stage, Temple of Malady, Temple of the False God, Reliquary Tower, Ramunap Excavator, Overgrown Tomb to try and get lands or better land options. Also, Dark Depths + Thespian's Stage can turn nasty quick.
We seem to be on the same page with a lot of our sideboard cards. Couple others I'm contemplating that might work, are adding Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion as a nice combo. I'm also considering Bontu the Glorified. I also plan to add a Vampire Hexmage to combo with Dark Depths.
Hope some of these ideas help!
4 weeks ago
My brother uses an Eldrazi deck and he utilizes From Beyond, Rampant Growth, Eyeless Watcher and Brood Monitor to load up his field with mana which allows him to play almost anything in his deck he wants. He uses some kill cards like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Conduit of Ruin and Craterhoof Behemoth to just destroy anything in his path. Maybe testing out some of these could help you on your green side.
4 weeks ago
I really like the concept for the deck.
You should drop Heroic Intervention for Selfless Spirit to the extent you have those. Traverse the Ulvenwald would be good if you get delirium. Otherwise, Vessel of Nascency may be a good idea. With the right creature package you also could run Dusk / Dawn as defense and a way to get back your Mechanics and Walking Ballista as your infinite mana kill spell. I don't think you need Samut or Ulamog, as an individually strong game plan with an infinite kill would do the job fine.
But I think to really make it work, you really need to be able to dig through your deck hard because your combo needs 2 Aviary Mechanics, 1 Paradox Engine and 1 Cryptolith Rite. There's a modern deck with an infinite mana combo, and it uses Duskwatch Recruiter to dig for Walking Ballista kill once it has infinite mana.
The fastest digging engine I know of is BWG Stockpile, running Hidden Stockpile and Catacomb Sifter. See Sam Black's Crazy Tokens Deck. You could easily adapt this to use your key cards. All the revolt features would be quite happy to see a pair of Aviary Mechanics.
Another build of mine, same archetype: Revolting Aristocrats. That deck could squeeze an infinite combo by adding Eldrazi Displacer and deserts, and then From Beyond as a tutor. Displacer+Sifter+2 Anointed Procession makes infinite mana, infinite tokens, infininte scry.
If you want to stick to Bant, I think you can get a lot of ideas from Free Stuff Midrange. That deck is designed to cast a ton of creatures, using As Foretold as the finite mana engine, but it selects its creatures to manage the game and draw lots of cards. I believe you could cut As Foretold for Cryptolith Rites, and I suspect you may want Rogue Refiner for the card draw, whether or not you have an energy theme.