|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Skeleton Warrior
: Return Reassembling Skeleton from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reassembling Skeleton Discussion
5 hours ago
Hi, I'm really sorry for the delay.
Your deck strikes me as particularly aggressive and wants to win the game as soon as possible (that's not necessarily a bad thing). That being said, a few of the cards in the deck like Squealing Devil, Stinkweed Imp and Reassembling Skeleton are on the slower side. I would personally replace them with more efficient ways to pressure your opponents life total like Lightning Bolt, Rift Bolt or Lava Spike.
5 days ago
Thanks. So just to confirm, Reassembling Skeleton enters directly from the graveyard and so triggers River Kelpie's first ability (twice with Panharmonicon), but Skaab Ruinator doesn't count as entering the battlefield from the graveyard if it uses the stack to be cast from the graveyard, so only triggers River Kelpie's second ability and not the first?
5 days ago
Deathbringer Regent triggers twice, but it won't activate the second time unless there are still 5 or more other creatures, because it has an intervening if clause. So if 5 creatures regenerate, it will try to kill them again, but if only 4 regenerate, it won't bother.
River Kelpie will trigger twice if a creature enters the battlefield from the graveyard, but only once if you cast a spell from the graveyard. In other words, it triggers twice from Reassembling Skeleton, but once from Skaab Ruinator.
You are correct in what it refers to, as well as anything with the phrase "as thic enters" the other thing of note would be things that enter with counters don't enter with additional counters.
5 days ago
After that I used Gisa's tokens as a way to break parity on Smokestack.
My group hated me and it was really unfun to play so I never bothered to tune it too much but honestly that's the only way I could see Gisa being ok
6 days ago
Thank you! I put a lot of work into it, I'd like to know how yours runs! I don't know anybody else personally who runs an Ertai :p
The first budget replacements I can think of are Archaeomancer and Mnemonic Wall for Snappy and Gearhulk. They'll still get you the extra mileage from your counterspells, which are notoriously weak in EDH. I was given my Force by a retiring friend, but without that I'd probably run Rewind, as it's another "free" counterspell. Docent Flip and Guile are cheap rares though, and they're my primary win routes, so just loading up on your favorite counterspells should do fine, as long as you have a variety in mana costs. Reassembling Skeleton is a bomb Bitterblossom replacement, and so good for Ertai I'm always considering running both, but it's one of those random uncommon I can never find! A Wall of Denial is a fine wall in place of Spellskite too, and it's shroud doesn't prevent Ertai from sacking it.
Now that I'm thinking about it, returning a counter with Archaeomancer, sacking to counter a spell, returning and replaying seems pretty alright...
1 week ago
Just FYI, there are various Formats in MTG you can play. Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage, Casual, etc.
Standard is limited to only newer cards, Modern allows cards going all the way back to 8th Edition (July 28, 2003), and most other formats allow cards from any printing, barring banned ones.
Presumably you're playing casually (correct me if I'm wrong), and you have your deck flagged as Standard at the moment, and it contains a couple of cards that are not legal in Standard (because they're too old).
If you are playing casually, there's loads of good cheap cards you can get your hands on. Hymn to Tourach can be found in the $0.60 range and it's incredibly powerful in casual play.
Also a real quick rules note:
If she uses Act of Treason on your Nightmare, while it is under her control it will have power and toughness based on the number of Swamps she controls, not the number you do. So unless she's also running Swamps, that shouldn't be an issue at all.
she takes my cards and turns them against me using act of treason....i had my nightmare at 7/7 And she beat me to death with it
None of these are "must have" cards, but they're all inexpensive (<$2 each), and can be incredible in the right deck in casual play.
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
Bloodsoaked Champion and Reassembling Skeleton are quite expensive to get back, what about Bloodghast instead? Or some creatures with Undying? I agree with recursion - Immortal Servitude could be good for the deck. Also, you might need more than just Viscera Seer as a sac outlet. Maybe Blasting Station or something?