|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Shaman
When Masked Admirers enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever you play a creature spell, you may pay . If you do, return Masked Admirers from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||ironax , Mortiferus_Rosa , DrPopular , Antiat , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , killstars , Reliva , duff87 , Fawar09 , mziter501 , XxCataclysmiCxX , Cazaz0816 ,|
|Want (6)||Turtlelover73 , Thotny , TheCDC , Luftwaffle , oswrick , Slythe|
Masked Admirers Discussion
3 weeks ago
Great list! Your list has given me some great ideas to tweak mine.
This post is huge, for which I apologize, so you don't have to respond to every question right away or at all. As another Marywn player though, here are my questions/comments.
1. How fast is the your meta? How does your list compare?
2. How much removal do you typically face? My tablemates know that if Marwyn doesn't have summoning sickness I am very close to winning, so I typically have to recast her about once a game. To get around that my list has more redundancy in terms of mana generating creatures and more haste enablers. Continuing that thought, you mentioned considering cards like Swiftfoot Boots. I have found haste enablers to be incredible.
3. In your experience how effective is Elvish Pioneer? Is 28 enough basics to consistently use the ability?
4. How effective have you found all the pump cards in your list? About how often do you end up with a huge Marwyn and no outlet for the mana? our lists differ drastically in this regard, how we pump Marywn. Berserk seems amazing though, I'll likely switch that out for Overwhelming Stampede.
5.How do you win with just Duskwatch Recruiter Flip as your outlet? activate until you hit a draw creature?
6. Can you win at instant speed? In my experience, playing with a couple CEDH decks in my meta, it has been extremely helpful and won me several games. I use Yeva, Nature's Herald. I cut her from the deck more than once, thinking she just doesn't do enough, but it has been a critical card in many situations and has proved its worth to me. Also having that particular card to include with the Duskwatch Recruiter Flip outlet seems solid. I will likely try this.
7. Have you considered Multani's Acolyte over Masked Admirers?
8. What do you search for with Woodland Bellower?
9. Does Harmonize pull enough weight? I ended up switching it out for Collective Unconscious because, in my experience, 3 cards did not give me a high enough chance to draw a win.
10. What has been your experience with Fierce Empath? I run the same 6+ drops as you do but have been unsure about this elf.
11. Does Sylvan Library draw you enough cards to be worth a slot? I have never played with this card before. I'm wondering about its usefulness in a deck like this that is trying to win the game within 3ish turns of being able to cast it. Further, if you cast it on turn 2, do you feel it significantly increases your chances of winning faster?
Again, great list! For other Marywn players, here is my deck for reference. Marwyn the Nurturer of Victory (Highpower Elf EDH)
2 months ago
Well i have some nice suggestions or you. havent seen the deck in depth so forgive me if you have already got these cards in or i am off theme. 1) Masked Admirers 2) Yeva, Nature's Herald 3) Second Harvest 4) Elvish Promenade 5) Shamanic Revelation
6 months ago
8 months ago
Liliana's Specter is annoying when hit with constant recursion. Pelakka Wurm and Arborback Stomper are good for some life gain. Elvish Visionary Masked Admirers Phyrexian Rager Phyrexian Gargantua all let you draw. Zulaport Cutthroat and Blood Artist all give you some bleed effects and may come in handy too.
8 months ago
I would change the format to modern as this isnt standard. Secondly, go all in on elves. Elvish Champion Imperious Perfect Masked Admirers Sylvan Messenger Lys Alana Huntmaster Reclamation Sage Gilt-Leaf Ambush. If you can afford to get good green/black lands you can open up a world of good carda like Thornbow Archer Shaman of the Pack Prowess of the Fair Elves of Deep Shadow Eyeblight's Ending Nameless Inversion
1 year ago
Also, I second the notion of Vampires. a lot of them are very fancy.
1 year ago
Looks good, +1
- Regal Force: Mass draw who can be flashed in with Yeva.
- Fierce Empath: Elf who can tutor for and put into hand a big creature to flash in with Yeva.
- Quirion Ranger: Elf who can untap other mana Elves like Archdruid, Priest and Channeler to make a lot of mana.
- Evolutionary Leap: Board wipe insurance, cash in Elves who are going to die for other creatures.
- Acidic Slime
- Wild Pair
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary