|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Demanding Dragon enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage to target opponent unless that player sacrifices a creature.
Demanding Dragon Discussion
1 week ago
Instant - Trap
Counter target spell. If the spell being targeted was cast with an alternative casting cost, this spell costs to cast.
I was hoping you'd do something foolish.
Make a Boros Dragon for Standard
4 weeks ago
2 months ago
Basilisk Collar , Momentous Fall , Hoarding Dragon , Demanding Dragon , Hoard-Smelter Dragon , Ryusei, the Falling Star , Siege Dragon , Tyrant's Familiar , Thunder Dragon , Dragonlord Atarka , Scourge of Kher Ridges , Bogardan Hellkite , Krosan Tusker
Rhythm of the Wild , Crucible of Fire , Bonds of Mortality , Guardian Project , Boneyard Scourge , Territorial Hellkite , Dragonlord Kolaghan , Glorybringer , Nesting Dragon , Skarrgan Hellkite , Dismember , Song of the Dryads , Damnation
2 months ago
Thank you Naksu!
I basically took my Nikya of the Old Ways deck and upgraded it via Ilharg, who lets you cast non-creature spells as well as ramping you into your big finishers. I like Domri, Anarch of Bolas for the sideboard against control once I know being countered often is a possibility.
The reasoning for Druid of the Cowl over Paradise Druid is to avoid early removal such as Goblin Chainwhirler . It's regularly used where I play. Incubation Druid is a thought, but ultimately I chose to go with old reliable a little while longer. I will definitely be looking at Incubation Druid once rotation happens!
Nissa, Who Shakes the World is completely insane in this deck and often creates massive amounts of . 5 mana is all you really need to go off in this deck.
Demanding Dragon has been an all-star so far and I highly recommend it!
I can definitely see Vivien's Arkbow having a home in this deck as well, I'm not sure what I'd cut just yet to make that happen, but I'll try to update it after I take it to FNM this weekend for sure.
Thanks for your insight!
3 months ago
I'm a gruul at heart and I like this draft. Obviously alot to move around at this point. couple remarks at this point, Carnage Tyrant and Rekindling Phoenix are the best options (imo) at their respective CMC spots, so run 4of both in main. Ravager Wurm is a SB card. 4 Ilharg s are too many, cause it's bad to pull another one with it. 3 should be enough with 3 Arkbow s. I also think you should run a few End-Raze Forerunners in place of Demanding Dragon s.
3 months ago
TypicalTimmy, I made room for Utvara Hellkite and Scourge of Valkas . I don't like the increase in mana curve, but the combo there-in is pretty devastating. I dropped Stormbreath Dragon and Demanding Dragon to make room.
3 months ago
I started with Modern as my first format. My deck list was a lot like yours, huge CMC creatures and tons of 1 ofs.
So a good place to start is to ask yourself, how do I want my deck to win? Once you figure out what the main way(s) your deck will win, then you can focus your game plan on making that happen.
You really want consistency in your deck. Try picking cards as 4 ofs instead of singletons. If you wouldn't want 4 copies of a card in your deck then it probably isn't worth running at all. (Please note this is only a beginner strategy to get you started and later in your career of magic this logic will no longer imply.) So to give yo a real world example: because you have a lot of big converted cost dinos, a card like Llanowar Elves is a card you would want 4 of. It helps your strategy by enabling ramp for big Dinos to come into play earlier.
So lets start there.
Lastly you'll need some form of interaction. Almost every deck in modern will have some form of interaction. You don't have to completely stop the opponent, just slow their plans enough for your plan to happen. A good choice for your deck would be Lightning Bolt but in your case Lightning Strike could work as a budget replacement. At high levels the difference in mana cost is huge but as someone new, it'll do just fine.
4 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
Demanding Dragon occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%