|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dragon
When Demanding Dragon enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage to target opponent unless that player sacrifices a creature.
Demanding Dragon Discussion
1 week ago
I'm a gruul at heart and I like this draft. Obviously alot to move around at this point. couple remarks at this point, Carnage Tyrant and Rekindling Phoenix are the best options (imo) at their respective CMC spots, so run 4of both in main. Ravager Wurm is a SB card. 4 Ilharg s are too many, cause it's bad to pull another one with it. 3 should be enough with 3 Arkbow s. I also think you should run a few End-Raze Forerunners in place of Demanding Dragon s.
2 weeks ago
TypicalTimmy, I made room for Utvara Hellkite and Scourge of Valkas . I don't like the increase in mana curve, but the combo there-in is pretty devastating. I dropped Stormbreath Dragon and Demanding Dragon to make room.
4 weeks ago
I started with Modern as my first format. My deck list was a lot like yours, huge CMC creatures and tons of 1 ofs.
So a good place to start is to ask yourself, how do I want my deck to win? Once you figure out what the main way(s) your deck will win, then you can focus your game plan on making that happen.
You really want consistency in your deck. Try picking cards as 4 ofs instead of singletons. If you wouldn't want 4 copies of a card in your deck then it probably isn't worth running at all. (Please note this is only a beginner strategy to get you started and later in your career of magic this logic will no longer imply.) So to give yo a real world example: because you have a lot of big converted cost dinos, a card like Llanowar Elves is a card you would want 4 of. It helps your strategy by enabling ramp for big Dinos to come into play earlier.
So lets start there.
Lastly you'll need some form of interaction. Almost every deck in modern will have some form of interaction. You don't have to completely stop the opponent, just slow their plans enough for your plan to happen. A good choice for your deck would be Lightning Bolt but in your case Lightning Strike could work as a budget replacement. At high levels the difference in mana cost is huge but as someone new, it'll do just fine.
1 month ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
1 month ago
About lands - I think that actually Shinka, the Bloodsoaked Keep isn't that great. If you want more sources then I'd actually suggest better fixing, namely City of Brass , Mana Confluence , Llanowar Wastes , Karplusan Forest and Fellwar Stone might be a good idea.
Infinite combos are actually very good when you all are in a tight spot when nobody can win the game and it already feels like going for too long. Also I personally try to use them to win with stronger decks, while with less cutthroat playgroup I prefer to win with normal combat damage or damage triggers from Scourge of Valkas and/or Dragon Tempest so overall it's good to have that option but it's execution and usage is only up to you.
One more thing - I'd cut some less optimal Dragons for more ramp options like Demanding Dragon for Skyshroud Claim or Thunder Dragon for Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma (might not look like a ramp but not only makes dragons cost less but you have additional source of Trample for them).
I'm really glad that you liked my insight, I just love tinkering Dragon decks :D
2 months ago
Hi, at first glance the deck looks good but you are missing a few key pieces.
Here's a few weird cards : Omniscience and Sunbird's Invocation - really fun cards but you are not a jodah big mana deck, no reduction of costs and no green to ramp... I should build that :) Mind Rot and Vicious Rumors - not efficient enough and even completely useless in some cases. I would replace those with
But three colours decks have such a great number of deck building choices that you can get lost in it... It's amazing. I would suggest (most powerful deck I think) grixis spells with a lot of removal to kill later with flipped bolas or combos Primal Amulet Flip and explosion//expansion
2 months ago
Just a heads up, I'd replace your Mountains with Snow-Covered Mountain s because Extraplanar Lens doubles mana of ALL lands named. More than likely no one at the table will have snow lands so... Plus this gives your access to Scrying Sheets which is something this deck greatly needs, card advantage. Also I REALLY, REALLY think you should be playing Sarkhan, Fireblood and Sarkhan's Unsealing they are WAY too good for this deck.
Here's some card suggestions!
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Staff of Nin
- Mind's Eye
- Wheel of Fortune
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Faithless Looting
- Tormenting Voice
- Cathartic Reunion
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Sin Prodder
- Hedron Archive
- Treasure Map Flip
- The Immortal Sun
- Experimental Frenzy
- Endless Atlas
- Coveted Jewel
Here are some cut suggestions:
- Fledgling Dragon: For four mana you could play Moltensteel Dragon or Territorial Hellkite both of which are more value in my opinion
- Emblem of the warmind: As stated previously it's too easy to deal with.
- Farsight mask: Mind's Eye is strictly better, and you don't want to get hit in the face in order to draw a card.
- Kindred charge: This is PURELY a wind more card in dragons. By the time you cast this, because you'll hold it trying to maximize the copies, you'll be doing massive damage ANYWAY.
- Ancient hellkite: A lot of mana for a meh dragon when this could be a Steel Hellkite , Kilnmouth Dragon , Skyline Despot , or a Demanding Dragon
- Archwing dragon: If you are going to dedicate paying four mana to a dragon every turn, just play Dragon Tyrant
- Slumbering dragon: I like this card idealy... but if we are being honest... This card is NEVER going to wake up, no one is going to let an 8/8 dragon sit on the table for 5 turns.
- Zirilan of the claw: It's good... but you have to exile your creatures... and that's not good for you.
2 months ago
Hey, against control decks the Demanding Dragon is quite good. It means 5 Damage to the face for an empty board... with Rhythm of the Wild it will have haste for more damage. Against other decks it's a nice tool... for me it feels more useful than the Skarrgan Hellkite .
Demanding Dragon occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%