|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
Menace *(This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.) *
When Gilt-Leaf Winnower enters the battlefield, you may destroy target non-Elf creature whose power and toughness aren't equal.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||Caldazar , ironax , TheAlmostHero , Mousemke , saj0219 , pskinn01 , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , SirFowler , marcus638 , Epidilius , goodair , Riders_of_Brohan , bakeraj4 , Bluboltar , mziter501 , MattN7498 , Lindough , DrPopular , Ellyreia , Regulus1010 , Nebman227 , Snydog17 , Grantley91 , thetechzombie|
Gilt-Leaf Winnower Discussion
2 days ago
701.37b A permanent can be exerted even if it's not tapped or has already been exerted in a turn. If you exert a permanent more than once before your next untap step, each effect causing it not to untap expires during the same untap step.
Few others to consider
Den Protector really good recursion warrior
Hidden Dragonslayer removal warrior
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist control opponent attack and blocks
Samut, Voice of Dissent really good overall warrior and gives haste
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed burns casters like crazy
Gilt-Leaf Winnower removal one a warrior
Firebones675 on Elf
1 year ago
You're a bit light on ways to interact with your opponent. If they play something, you don't have a good way to get it off the table. Reclamation Sage is an elf that can hit artifacts and enchantments and Lys Alana Scarblade, Gilt-Leaf Winnower are elves that can deal with creatures. I'd say removal spells, Hero's Downfall, Go for the Throat etc would also be good options as they can hit more creatures than the two other elves i mentioned.
1 year ago
With the release of Amonkhet we have some exciting upcoming changes!
1 year ago
Trtl, your very welcome, glad I could help. More green is the right direction, it will bring a lot more consistency.
Even though I think more green is the right way to go I'm suggesting a black card, haha. I've done a little Frontier research and it looks like Gilt-Leaf Winnower would be a great sideboard card. She's an Elf and can kill a huge amount of the best creatures in the format. Most notable Siege Rhino and Spell Queller, but in just about all matchups she has a target. Beastcaller Savant can help to cast a Winnower which helps the . I like that Sylvan Messenger can find Winnower which is very nice in matchups where you want her.
I'm not a fan of cards like Stain the Mind. I think Duress and other cheap discard is better. You have Duress and Warping Wail to stop board wipes. Wail is a pretty creative sideboard option you have come up with to stop board wipes, Languish, good job. Unfortunately, you're not playing enough mana sources to cast it. Only 4x Llanowar Wastes can cast it. Only four land sources to cast Wail is not enough. You're going to want at least 8x colorless land sources to be able to cast Wail when you need it, turn four. Without more colorless sources I'm afraid it's best to cut Wail for other sideboard options.
An idea to keep Wail is to add Aether Hub. Hub can first make any color of mana as well as colorless. It's not ideal by any means because you're not using an energy strategy. Hub is also not a very budget friendly land although it really should be seeing how it's an uncommon.
You could add both Hub and replace Beastcaller Savant with Servant of the Conduit to get energy to power both. This move would give you a mana Elf who can make any color of mana at least two times as well as a land which can also make colorless to cast Wail.
Another option would be to include Yavimaya Coast in place of Forests because it can make both green mana and colorless.
1 year ago
Hey, I think you could take advantage of having access to black and little more here.
Things I'd cut would be Garruk, Apex Predator, Desert Twister, Whirlwind, Gilt-Leaf Winnower, Frontier Guide, Titania's Chosen and Sylvan Ranger. These are just the easiest I saw to cut atleast. Hope that helps !
1 year ago
I would put in more answer cards like Nekrataal, Big Game Hunter, Shriekmaw, Gilt-Leaf Winnower & Noxious Gearhulk. There are also cheaper options for larger bodies to clone like Death's Shadow, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Nyxathid, Phyrexian Soulgorger & Force of Savagery. And there are 2 creatures you can recast from exile: Misthollow Griffin & Eternal Scourge.
1 year ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
1 year ago
i originally had it in the list, but there are a limited number of elves in "Frontier" so i decided to go with the curve. i'd have to remove Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen, Gilt-Leaf Winnower, Sylvan Messenger, Decimator of the Provinces, and Tajuru Warcaller for that. i'm still considering it with replacements for those to be 2 more Obelisk of Urd, 4 Collected Company, and maybe playing around with the mana dork numbers to get some Sylvan Advocates in there or something. the problem is that none of the low drops really have much impact. in modern, just crapping out elves is a good enough strategy because you have Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Heritage Druid, and Elvish Archdruid that all can be hit with CoCo. this format, i believe (havent found anyone to play with yet for this format, but when i do, i will have some updates) the elves will be more reliant on the higher drops. i've considered Chord of Calling moreso for this reason.