Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Knight of New Alara
Creature — Human Knight
Each other multicolored creature you control gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.
4 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
11 months ago
Storm's Wrath resolves and deals 4 to all of them. Knight of New Alara dies. Without the buff, Elder is a 5/5, Chromanticore is 4/4, and Grimblade is a 3/2, so the last two die. With both of them gone, Elder is now a 2/2 and dies.
11 months ago
1 year ago
dsdude3021 You raise a lot of good points. I think I'll be tuning the sideboard and performing some swaps. Bloodbraid Elf is an idea I've played with and will likely visit several times in the future. In this current build I'm trying not to use too many 4 drops and while I think bloodbraid is a better recovery tool than Knight of New Alara but I just wanted to play around with the knight. Thanks for the recommendations, I really enjoyed reading each section and the reasoning for the cards!
1 year ago
Thoughts on these? Desecrated Tomb , Wild Cantor , Burning-Tree Emissary , Brion Stoutarm , Elvish Hexhunter , Goblin Legionnaire , Qasali Pridemage , Knight of New Alara , Wort, the Raidmother , Bronzebeak Moa , Juniper Order Ranger , Hans Eriksson , Harmonic Sliver , Karametra, God of Harvests , Ravager Wurm , Vithian Renegades
1 year ago
Angelic Overseer, Herald of War (which plays well with your Cathar's Crusade, your Gavony Township and your Mikaeus) and Angel of Glory's Rise would be 3 non-humans I'd run in this deck for obvious reasons. On top of that I'd remove Benalish Marshal to add, if you really want to keep the anthem flavor, Knight of New Alara. Dire Tactics would also fit this deck quite well.
Why not some mana rocks?
1 year ago
Thanks for the ideas. I don't play black (except in like 5 color strategies). As for budget, I don't have a lot of funds to sink into Magic right now. I have a pretty large collection, with plenty of pricier cards, but I'm just looking for a little variety I can throw a few dollars at. Last night I started fiddling with a Kaheera, the Orphanguard deck, using it as a companion (Gruul with a lot of beasts). Our power level at a group is fairly low, including teenagers, new players, and other people with limited $. Building on a budget like this helps me to not annihilate everyone and still have fun. It's also a mental exercise - not every deck I build I actually buy.
I forgot to mention another fun deck I built a few weeks back, including Jegantha, the Wellspring as companion. Mono-green, focused on large 5 color creatures with support from Knight of New Alara and Civic Saber, with an Elemental subtheme. I really enjoy playing it, but it kinda wrecked the table a bit the first time and so now everybody targets it early.
I've found a few ideas in here. Skill Borrower looks fun! It's been a while since I tried building a Land/creature deck, so that's an idea, too. I've actually got Kangee, Aerie Keeper, and that might be an option once I tear apart the Sephara, Sky's Blade deck. Keep the ideas coming!
2 years ago
if you run the paragon cycle + the liege cycles + Knight of New Alara + Progentius + Pathbreaker Ibex + Champion of Lambholt + Urabrask the Hidden + Grand Abolisher that would be a pretty tough nut (20+ creatures, haste, (pretty much)unblockable, +30/+30 and trample on attack...) for essentially 2 generic mana :)