|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Secluded Steppe enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Secluded Steppe Discussion
1 week ago
- Desert of the Fervent
- Desert of the True
- Drifting Meadow
- Forgotten Cave
- Secluded Steppe
- Smoldering Crater
- Gruul Guildgate
- Rugged Highlands
- Timber Gorge
- Gruul Turf
- Blossoming Sands
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Tranquil Expanse
I'm not saying add them all but add a few of them. I know speed is probably of very much importance to the build so no need to add all of these. But I think adding like 4 or 5 duels and 4 or more cycling lands
2 weeks ago
These are the cards I dont know if follows the aggro strategy (or quick growth) on your deck: Veteran Swordsmith , Veteran Armorsmith , Topan Freeblade , Soldier of the Pantheon , Precinct Captain (sometimes you wont be able to attack for two turns. He is better when you "haste" him), Loyal Cathar Flip (his other form escapes "human tribal", so he doesnt triggers lot of abbilities on the deck), Elite Vanguard , Archetype of Courage (cost 3 is too much, it may leave you without mana for Brave the Elements ).
Some options of cost 1: Hunted Witness , Akrasan Squire , Thraben Inspector and Ardent Recruit which would call for more artifacts and equipments. I think of him because I would use Ratchet Bomb . It is good against midrange enchantments, tokens, cretures and artifacts. And there are God-Pharaoh's Faithful and Novice Knight , they are perfect to be powered with aura and all sort of things (against red decks).
And there are plenty of lands that can help you draw, gives extra mana, enhance your creatures and are way under 3$. I hate to depend on luck, and I hate extra lands in hand, so I would use 20x lands, basic and non basic, plus 4x Secluded Steppe .
1 month ago
1 month ago
You should definitely run 4x Soulherder . I've been playing a similar deck for a while now and that card wins you more games than any other. Adding Green would give you more cycling lands (you should be running 4x Secluded Steppe and 4x Lonely Sandbar , as they are by far the best cycling lands) by letting you run Tranquil Thicket and Scattered Groves . Coiling Oracle is probably the main reason to throw green in there though. Cast Out is your best removal. W to cycle it, and 4 to take care of any permanent; making it more versatile than your current removal. Bounce lands like Azorius Chancery will let you return cycling lands back to your hand that you were forced to play early, letting you get extra value from them. This might just be a personal thing, but I ran 4x Blade Splicer in my early revisions and it just never did as much as I hoped it would have.
2 months ago
Pauper is a really fast format, so you need to hit more action than lands. Control decks generally run ~21 lands with some amount of Ash Barrens and/or Terramorphic Expanse . The main reason some decks, other than control decks want to hit their land drops is because they're running Skred , which needs around 5 lands to be optimal.
Furthermore, pauper has access to few lands so often times, people run bounce lands which allow you to make more land drops with fewer lands.
In your case, you're not playing Skred , this is not a control deck, and you're running blue. These are all good reasons to trim down on the number of lands. If you really want to run 21 lands because you really want to hit your land drops, I would definitely consider some Terramorphic Expanse and/or Ash Barrens as well as a couple of cycle lands ( Lonely Sandbar and Secluded Steppe ) in your case.
I had missed it the first time, but I see you're running Guardian of the Guildpact which is fairly expensive for your type of deck, especially since you're running Deprive . If I were you, I would probably cut it for another cheap flyer like Faerie Seer but at this point it might be better to turn your deck into a Faeries deck because Spellstutter Sprite is just too good, which I feel is not the intent of your deck.
Anyways, I hope I helped ! Tell me if some things weren't clear enough, I'm glad to help out some fellow pauper player
2 months ago
Hey, good start.
Budget ($3 or less each) lands to consider adding to improve the manabase:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolored decks in Commander.
- Exotic Orchard
- Opal Palace
- Nomad Outpost
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Foreboding Ruins
- Concealed Courtyard
- Ash Barrens
- Canyon Slough
- Barren Moor
- Forgotten Cave
- Secluded Steppe
The Cycle lands and Barrens are cards with cycling to power Astral Drift. Since they're lands they don't take up valuable deck spots to include more cycling.
Budget Angels/Demons/Dragons and cards that have good interaction with them to consider adding:
- Restoration Angel : ETB ability, blink Kaalia.
- Dragon Tempest : give your flying creatures haste.
- Eldrazi Displacer : repeatable blink, but not an Angel/Demon/Dragon and requires colorless mana sources from lands or mana rocks.
- Utvara Hellkite : among the best Dragons in Commander.
- Karmic Guide : ETB ability, reanimate Kaalia.
- Magister of Worth : ETB ability, reanimate Kaalia as well as every other creature in your graveyard or destroy all other creatures on the battlefield.
- Angel of Despair : ETB ability, destroy any one permanent.
- Bloodgift Demon : repeatable no mana cost draw at your upkeep.
If making blink a theme because of Kaalia then consider including more strong Angels/Demons/Dragons with good ETB abilities to be able to blink them.
Budget card upgrades to consider:
- Swords to Plowshares > Lightning Bolt
- Generous Gift > Lightning Helix
- Diabolic Tutor > Past in Flames
- Final Parting > Obzedat's Aid
- Animate Dead > Aid the Fallen
- Angelic Renewal > Return from Extinction
- Read the Bones > Ransack the Lab
- Unburial Rites > Blood for Bones
- Commander's Sphere > Darksteel Ingot
- Talisman of Indulgence > Worn Powerstone
- Liliana's Triumph > Diabolic Edict
Other cards to consider cutting:
- Cinder Barrens
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Wind-Scarred Crag
- Myriad Landscape
- Scorch Spitter
- Rakdos Firewheeler
- Scampering Scorcher
- Segovian Angel
- Virtus the Veiled
- Volcanic Dragon
- Zombie Infestation
4 months ago
I would try dropping the 2x Bloodfell Caves in favor of another each of Scoured Barrens and Wind-Scarred Crag . With 50% of your deck being white, you always want or something else. Also, consider losing a Swamp and a mountain in favor of either 2x Secluded Steppe 1x Polluted Mire and 1x Smoldering Crater , because I also think you need some draw.
I feel like a full playset of Impact Tremors should be in this deck, maybe by going down to 3-of on some of your other enchantments. Either that or Hissing Iguanar ... or replace Bogardan Dragonheart and use them both! Which is what I would do. But I love Impact Tremors too much so....
Apostle's Blessing should be in your sideboard, btw.
I know it's not an enchantment, but also consider squeezing in some Altar's Reap s somewhere, because draw.
4 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
Secluded Steppe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%