Angel of Invention
Creature — Angel
Flying, vigilance, lifelink
Fabricate 2 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put two +1/+1 counters on it, or create two 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)
Other creatures you control get +1/+1
|Want (2)||Lightwatch , Darui|
Printings View all
|Kaladesh (KLD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Angel of Invention Discussion
3 weeks ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
3 months ago
thanks for your comment and suggestion! I'm aware of that Kiki combo, I'm just not sure if it's worth running Village Bell-Ringer only for that combo.
Felidar Guardian has some more synergy because it can also blink other creatures for value (Angel of Invention, Dockside Extortionist, Karmic Guide to just name a few), meaning it's not only good in combo context, but also without Kiki. The Bell-Ringer would only serve as giving the team Vigilance for one turn or create surprise blockers, and I'm not sure that is worth a spot :)
4 months ago
I used to play a lot more of the ETB trigger cards, but cut them for more of the Toolbox theme. But I know where you're coming from. Since Mardu is very good at both tokens and aggro, you can be really selective with the few you use for your aggro suite...I would focus on ones that do something along with the tokens or make really good tokens. Corpse Knight, Angel of Invention, Sling-Gang Lieutenant, Ogre Battledriver, and Priest of the Blood Rite are some examples I can think of. Resolute Blademaster + Mirror Entity is one of my common win-cons if I have to go aggro and overwhelm the board with my somewhat tiny creatures.
You can easy accidentally slide or purposely build into full-on Aristocrats, which along with the ETB damage also deals leaving the battlefield damage with more of the Sir Konrad effects like Zulaport Cutthroat and Blood Artist and more cheap, efficient token makers.
Being conscious of yard-filling cards is always a trick. I would run at least 10 that can get cards from your hand and deck into your graveyard, and a few sacrifice outlets (another 5 or so) to get them off the board. Of course, having extra reanimation is a great idea to get at those things you dumped in case someone neutralizes your commander. I will never get tired of recommending Perpetual Timepiece, since it both mills and saves your good things from exile. Mire Triton has also been impressive recently.
Some of my choices for places to look for cuts (if you're struggling) include Marchesa's Decree, Leave/Chance, Batwing Brume, Sands of Delirium, Quietus Spike, and Raving Dead. Don't feel pressured if any of these are pet cards that you think work really well, they are just my picks for ones we can find replacements to work better for your deck.
8 months ago
Yes. Ethereal Absolution's ability is a static ability and applies to all relevant creatures without having to use the stack or wait to resolve. Fabricate is a triggered ability and will therefore go on the stack and wait to resolve. This means that there will be a round of priority before it resolves. Before a player receives priority state-based actions will be checked and Angel of Invention will be put in the graveyard for having 0 or less toughness.
8 months ago
9 months ago
I like a token-heavy Alesha strategy like you have here.
Angel of Invention does two things that are important for a tokens strategy. 1) it makes tokens and 2) it's an anthem, which is super important to finish a game in non-green swarm decks imo.
Anger is a must-play in my opinion.
9 months ago
The tokens and anthem effect are good, but I don't have repetitive bounce effects to make that a more than one time token generator.