Mangara, the Diplomat
Legendary Creature — Human Cleric
Whenever an opponent attacks you and/or a planeswalker you control with two or more creatures, draw a card.
Whenever an opponent casts their second spell each turn, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mangara, the Diplomat occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Mangara, the Diplomat Discussion
3 days ago
Disenchant,, Generous Gift,, Skyclave Apparition,, Myriad Landscape,, Endless Atlas,, Strata Scythe,, Emeria, The Sky Ruin,, Mangara, the Diplomat,, Sun Titan,, Land Tax,, War Room,, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx,, Heliod's Intervention,, Court of Grace,, Keeper of the Accord,, Shadowspear,, Cathars' Crusade,, Commander's Plate,, Mind's Eye,, Winds of Abandon,, Crib Swap,, Afterlife,, Seal of Cleansing,, Aura of Silence,, Revoke Existence,, Fragmentize,, Angelic Purge,, Path to Exile,, Swords to Plowshares,, Smothering Tithe,, Enlightened Tutor.
Just to name a few to consider.
4 weeks ago
Nice list! Im building her as well, and i like Magus of the Moat (or Moat if you can) in my list since im mostly attacking with fliers. Well of Lost Dreams is also pretty nice allowing you to draw 5 when swinging with Liesa. Mangara, the Diplomat is another nice source of card advantage. Resolute Archangel can be really good late game and Helm of the Host multiplies the pain from Liesa, altho its quite an mana investment..
1 month ago
Things I like
- Archfiend of Despair - I like. high cost
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose - good include
- Mangara, the Diplomat - I saw, I liked, I forgot
- Evra, Halcyon Witness - will consider
- Exquisite Blood - good wincon but could also lock game since not "may"
- Witch of the Moors - like, a little high for a non-closer. I like the control aspect.
- Forsaken Wastes - I like, similar to Sanctum of Stone Fangs
- Axis of Mortality - will consider long-term
- Near-Death Experience - interesting "combo" with axis and evra
- Phyrexian Altar - not planning to run unless a few more things to abuse
- Sorin Markov - considered but don't have at the moment
- Bolas's Citadel - always fun
- Dark Ritual - good ramp, can't abuse atm
- Doom Whisperer - with Witch of the Moors it helps but otherwise, the return from bin in the deck is a bit weak
- Necropotence - I don't like to always include
- Gravecrawler && Mutavault are no's
- Pox && Death Cloud - possible as finisher but does impact each player. iirc, active player goes first, not last. So if I need to sac the pieces that trigger on loss of opponent life, it'll whiff
I've played a small set of games with the deck now. It had impact on the game. Majority of creatures cast in the deck didn't feel of consequence when standing alone. I'm investigating more ways to gain life but also add "target player gains life" to abuse Tainted Remedy against non-life gain decks that just ignore it when it hits the field. Spells like Swords to Plowshares.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 card per cycle with no additional upside would be a new white staple...
Mangara, the Diplomat is a white staple and it isn't a guaranteed card draw per turn and it is substantially more vulnerable permanent.
Outpost Siege sees considerable play and it is an impulse, not even a draw.
There are some deck building considerations with this, obviously. But if it your deck's goal to dominate combat either by superior force or through control, especially if your deck values haste for the token. Then this is a great card.
You should run 10 card draw spells per deck list. For most, I certainly can't think of 10 other spells that I'd rather run over this in white 2 color combinations. Even in white/blue there are certain strategies where I would run this as one of my 10 card draw spells.
1 month ago
If you're looking for both more card draw and a quasi-stax piece, Alms Collector is a card I'm fond of in white for commander, and would work well in this list, I think. Also Mangara, the Diplomat, of course, is always one of the more powerful white card draw effects for commander, and is actually easier to generate value from than he may seem at first glance, in my experience. You may want to consider replacing Arcane Encyclopedia with one of those two. Neat deck, good luck with it in the future!
2 months ago
For starters, remove
Think about adding in
2 months ago
Added ramp spell Talisman of Hierarchy.
I'll see what of the other suggested cards I can scrounge up (a lot of them are pretty pricey).
Willing to take any further suggestions!