|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Winds of Abandon
Exile target creature you don't control. For each creature exiled this way, its controller searches their library for a basic land card. Those players put those cards onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle their libraries.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each".)
Winds of Abandon Discussion
4 days ago
Ahem, so first things first - your lack of deck description makes things really difficult for me, or anyone to really give meaningful feedback as I along with you apparently don't know what you're trying to do with this deck. A good start however for writing up a good deck description would be Epochalyptik's Do you want to write a Primer?.
At first glace all I can say is that 46 Creatures is alot - almost half of your deck. While the creatures you chose all provide excellent value, maybe you could cut a few to make room for some more interaction - which your deck lacks severely. Having a few good removal options in form of:
Could buy you time, especially if your opponents keep removing your commander - which in my opinion is the deck's greatest strength and weakness. Since you're in blue, it never hurts to spec into some counter magic:
You can at least have some say when your opponents target your board when you start to get out of control as you cast more and more things. I remember seeing an interesting post about Chulane on the cEDH subreddit, this particular post detailed a bunch of combos - i'll leave the post here but here's just a sample:
posted by shay0n:
Chulane, Teller of Tales
(known as Triggerbois)
- Have Chulane and Aluren on battlefield, one Triggerboi in hand.
- Cast Triggerboi for free with Aluren .
- Draw with Chulane , putting any land onto the battlefield (if fetch, crack for untapped lands).
- Return Triggerboi to hand with own ability.
- Loop until you have Laboratory Maniac in hand, or hit tutor that can get LM.
- Cast LM with Aluren with one card left in deck , triggering Chulane and drawing a card.
- Cast Triggerboi one last time for win.
There's plenty there on the sub-reddit to help you go down the proverbial rabbit hole, so I encourage you to check it out and see what combo(s) take your interest. Again I want to emphasize this - please make a proper deck description - it not only helps you but everyone who visits your page. Good luck in your deck building. Also, +1 - for a new deck.
6 days ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
1 week ago
Hey, consider cutting some redundancy for more stax?
Cards to consider cutting:
- Giver of Runes : Mother is better because she can give herself protection.
- Stonehewer Giant : Stoneforge is better.
- Rogue's Gloves : Mask is better.
- Paradise Mantle : Mox is better.
- Champion's Helm : Boots is better because of haste.
- Reforge the Soul : Wheel is better.
- Single Combat
- Winds of Abandon
- Springleaf Drum
- Sword of the Animist
- Basilisk Collar
- Tenza, Godo's Maul
From a competitive standpoint I think mana rocks and stax cards are better artifacts to pump Akiri then lots of equipment.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
@Dragaan - haha! that's okay, try to make decks here and playtest them. EDH is a fun way to challenge your friends. I have considered Heartwood Storyteller before, but giving opponents ammo by having them draw is a disadvantage for a semi-aggro deck like this. Also I had Grizzled Leotau in this deck before, but i have replaced it with more tribal centric creatures like Ironroot Warlord . I might replace either Mastermind's Acquisition or Diabolic Tutor with Eladamri's Call , but my problem with revealing the searched card/s is that my opponents can prepare when i cast it, unlike the other 2 tutors i have.. I might playtest it first. Nameless Inversion is underwhelming for an instant targeted removal and Winds of Abandon is a desperation removal, plus its overload cost is worse than my mass removals. The only thing going for it is that it's an instant. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!
1 month ago
Oh, yea one more I forgot to mention, sorry. Winds of Abandon is a card I've been impressed with. Would it not be worth including? Or is the mass ramp too much...
1 month ago
- It doesn't leave any opposing creature behind.
- It doesn't remove any of my creatures.
- It has the option of being a single target killspell.
1 month ago
Personally, I think instead of Switching out Single Combat , switch out Wrath of God instead. Single Combat is one of the best boardwipes for the Voltron Strategy, while Wrath of God is cheaper, it doesn't synergise with the deck as well as Single Combat .
No data for this card yet.