|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Mythic Rare|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Mythic Rare|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Planeswalker — Liliana
+1: Target player discards a card.
-2: Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
-8: Put all creature cards in all graveyards onto the battlefield under your control.
|Have (9)||miracle , Pumpkinking913 , lorddarkstar , , Taki117 , Forkbeard , Mortiferus_Rosa , Bluboltar , sonnet666|
|Want (7)||Shackoff , klapaucius997 , Tomagotchi , TheInvaderZim , freeze0583261 , craileys , Aragon_Neotrix|
Liliana Vess Discussion
1 week ago
Attrition Free sac outlets are better.
Buried Alive Significantly reduced need for creature tutors.
Chainer, Dementia Master Liliana is more focused towards the discard aspect I want.
Curse of Disturbance With fewer creatures comes less value out of this cycle of curses
Entomb Less need for creature tutors.
Fellwar Stone Lower curve means that I want to be using mana more efficiently, as opposed to tapping out on 2 to ramp.
Gray Merchant of Asphodel less overall devotion with the reduced creature count
Lightning Greaves Fewer creatures to protect in this version
Scythe Specter Too slow for this type of effect, the idea is to get rid of all opponent's hands as fast as possible and to keep them empty.
Stitcher's Supplier Less graveyard focus now, I dont need the self mill as much.
Victimize There just aren't enough good targets for this spell to be useful.
Liliana Vess More Discard, yay, also, more tutors.
Animate Dead the replacement for victimize, grabs one very important creature.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded More tutors!
Sensei's Divining Top Card selection is great.
Phyrexian Arena More consistent card draw.
Vampiric Tutor And even more tutors.
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice looking deck! I noticed you helped me out a bit with my take on Yuriko (Yuriko WiP) and I wanted to leave some feedback on your list in return.
For starters, I would highly recommend Gurmag Swiftwing . Having evasive creatures with haste is a fantastic way to get the ball rolling again after a board wipe, and the only card I could find that does it better is Nether Traitor which currently runs for about 15 bucks. This one's only 20 cents! Wharf Infiltrator is also pretty nice (although not hasty), and combos very nicely with your plan revolving around Library of Leng .
I'm not too sold on Mana Leak in EDH in general, especially in a list that wants to be throwing out a bunch of creatures early and not really wanting to pass turn 2 without some type of creature out. As a replacement, I would suggest adding in a few more 3-drops, as that slot is looking pretty light for how many awesome cards you can put in there. From evasive creatures such as Neurok Invisimancer or Shadowmage Infiltrator to some value generators like Thada Adel, Acquisitor and even a way to directly tutor out your Arcane Adaptation through Perplex , there's a lot of options that can go in the 3 slot to make sure your curve never lets up. One of my personal favorites that I'm trying to find a spot to fit into my own list is Quietus Spike , which can quickly close out a game with all of your evasive creatures. Dimir Keyrune I feel also deserves a spot as a mana rock that you use in the early game that transitions into a near-guaranteed proc for Yuriko whenever she dies in the late game.
Another recommendation I have that also helps to keep the cost down is throwing in Liliana Vess over Diabolic Tutor . This is not only cheaper, but also has a stronger proc off of Yuriko as well as giving a continuous source of tutor-to-the-top effects to hopefully keep slapping your opponent for 8-10 damage a turn. Her +1 is also pretty nice if you're trying to hate out a specific player, and her ultimate is game-winning if the match goes on long enough.
Another fun card that I'm in the process of testing out is Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker I'm not sure how valuable it is to bring back all your little guys if they get removed, but it could help with blocking if you needed to chump out some larger threats.
For landbase, I think that a Rogue's Passage could help in times where there's no safe time to swing in with some of your ninjas, and still functions just fine as a land when you don't want to pay 4 mana for something like that. Halimar Depths has good synergy with all of the top manipulation in this style of deck, and is definitely on the cheaper side of nonbasic lands. This is similarly true for Temple of Deceit and Path of Ancestry , but those are a little bit pricier. Lastly, Faerie Conclave can provide an evasive creature for your ninjas in a pinch, and you don't lose much for including it either.
Hope you find success in your matches!
3 weeks ago
Dire Undercurrents is good for a more casual approach. Considering taking it out as I draw it and it sits in my hand because of better plays. Same for my Liliana Vess . Mu Yanling is always good when I get get her out. She starts off at a decent Loyalty and goes +2 every time to allow for a good hit. Even if they go at her it buys my another turn and possibly a equally good opening.
3 weeks ago
So first iteration of my yenett deck was put to the test. 3 games, 3 wins. Worth mentioning i'm playing only in paper and that our LGS is small and deck are rather casual (i believe strongest decks are like 6/10 in term of power). We tend to play long games. My build runs 38 lands (21 basics, 1 fetch), and 10 even cards. Cannot provide decklist yet. My build isn't very focused on single target removal. Thou i need to add some removal for enchantments/artifacts. No Future Sight, Sensei, Soothsaying. Rise of the Dark Realms, Anguished Unmaking i have in other decks.
Even cards are : Strionic Resonator (damn this one is strong), Swiftfoot Boots , some 2cmc mana rocks, Supreme Verdict , Wrath of God , Smothering Tithe (Can this get ban already?), Overwhelming Denial .
Since this is "casual", only wheel effect im running along this Smothering Tithe is Dark Deal .
Liliana Vess performed really well. I don't have Animatou. Jace, the Mind Sculptor is probably fine addition to the deck. Dream Cache is probably better than Frantic Search? Living Death is too risky in my opinion.
Ethersworn Adjudicator was really good in my games.
Examples of odd cards im running: Herald of Leshrac , Artisan of Kozilek , Brilliant Ultimatum , Pathrazer of Ulamog , Blatant Thievery , Void Winnower , Inkwell Leviathan , Mind's Dilation , Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts , Platinum Angel , Angelic Arbiter
If You want to improve Yenett and make deck real nasty , extra turn spells are probably way to go (Nexus of Fate might be really strong). Old Ulamog and New Emrakul are also Odd cards. Magister Sphinx , Enigma Sphinx , Mother of Runes , Iona, Approach of the Second Sun can also be very good.
Hope this helps a little and i'll see another Yenett video on the channel :D
1 month ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 month ago
Yesterday, I got Tamiyo, the Moon Sage to ultimate with Deepglow Skate . By the end of the game, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage had 2054 loyalty and Aminatou had over 500. I was able to abuse that Bubbling Season combo, flickering Deepglow Skate with Aminatou, the Fateshifter and ultimating planeswalkers Ob Nixilis Reignited twice and Ajani Steadfast once as well. Deepglow Skate also proved to be insane with Parallax Wave . Last week, I used Deepglow Skate to ultimate the often otherwise underwhelming Jace, the Living Guildpact . This deck has loads of win conditions and is fast and powerful while also able to control the board. I lost 1 vs. 1 against Najeela but probably could've won if I would've made a better decision on a Liliana Vess search... should've gotten Parallax Wave or Terminus .
1 month ago
+1 Cause we simply love Yennett and the exhilaration or flipping over the top card to see what we can cast for free!
I run a home-brewed Creatureless Yennett Spellslinger deck. It is fairly consistent and threatens to win, if unanswered, usually by Turns 4 - 6.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 105 | 114 COMMENTS | 9070 VIEWS | IN 24 FOLDERS
Leaving the link to my deck here so we can trade pointers. Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or give an upvote on my deck page too. Cheers!
1 month ago
I think you want to go in on the self-mill, make zombies theme, so you should trim the fat on things that don't fit what you want to do. I like the dredge cards, and I like the cards that put cards from the top of your library into your graveyard to trigger Sidisi, Brood Tyrant .
Cut Prime Speaker Vannifar , Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Sidisi, Undead Vizier , Tasigur, the Golden Fang , Taigam, Sidisi's Hand , The Scarab God . I'm not big on counters, so I'd probably leave out Frilled Mystic . Liliana of the Veil and Liliana Vess don't really fit the theme. Switch Wonder for Filth , especially since you're running Urborg. I think most of your tutors could go, so Diabolic Tutor and even Jarad's Orders could go. I'm not sure Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord fits very well, other than he's a zombie. If you see yourself sacrificing lots of zombies to him, then keep him.
You should run Rooftop Storm , and consider Soulquake . Take out Shriekmaw and put in Fleshbag Marauder (fits the tribe), and don't forget that Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a zombie, too, and you're running a high black pip count; he'll pay off. I'm wavering on Meren and Muldrotha; I see why they are here, and how the will be useful...especially Muldrotha. If you had to choose one, I'd keep Muldrotha. Villainous Wealth is fun, but is it what you want this deck to do?
I hope that helps you get started!
Liliana Vess occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%