Creature — Dwarf Shaman
When Duergar Hedge-Mage enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact.
When Duergar Hedge-Mage enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment.
|Want (2)||Crazy_Lou , Jillgamesh|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Duergar Hedge-Mage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Duergar Hedge-Mage Discussion
2 months ago
In my red/white deck, I have two copies of Wear / Tear, but I am contemplating replacing them with Duergar Hedge-Mage; both cards have the same mana cost, and the former is an instant, but the latter provides a creature, so it is a difficult decision to make.
What does everyone else say about this issue? Which card is better for my deck?
2 months ago
I have replaced the two copies of Glory of Warfare in this deck with two further copies of Cerodon Yearling, which was the original number that this deck had, a change that reduced the average converted mana cost of this deck from 2.94 to 2.81, which means that this deck is now tied with my black/white deck for having the lowest converted mana cost out of all my decks. I was loath to make that change, since GoW is an awesome card, but I decided that Scourge of the Nobilis and Balefire Liege were more than sufficient to make my creatures more powerful and it also was more valuable to have a greater number of creatures to be made more powerful.
4 months ago
All righty then. For your first time building a deck like this, not bad. Have a few cards for your consideration:
- Aria of Flame is absolutely insane in Feather. The fact opponents gain 10 life when it comes into play means absolutely nothing with how many spells you can cast per turn. Every opponent will be dead in a couple turns depending on how much mana you can produce.
- Ephemerate, Justiciar's Portal and Long Road Home. There are a few more that do the same thing. Reason I offer these is more protection for Feather plus more ways to bounce Dockside extortionist and dualcaster mage for copying spells. That and if you move a couple of creatures from your maybeboard with good etb’ssuch as your recruiter.
- Speaking of etb’s and blinking Duergar Hedge-Mage is reusable removal.
5 months ago
I think if you want to do a tribal deck, you can do that. I would pick though, between soldier/knight/warrior tribal because right now your payoffs are scattered about. Of the changelings, the two that I would keep in regardless of what you end up doing are Mirror Entity and Taurean Mauler. Mirror Entity itself is a wincon (get a big board, then make X huge). If you want to lean into Alesha's ability, I would target creatures to add in that have 2 or less power. So, if I were to break down that gameplan:
- Creatures that you want to cheat into play with Alesha, that otherwise have high casting costs/attacking restrictions, or creatures that have strong ETB effects so you can repeatedly abuse them.
- Ways to get creatures into the graveyard (either from hand or from the battlefield) so you can repeatedly abuse Alesha triggers:
- Some evasion effects for attacking and protecting Alesha
-Menace, Skulk, First Strike/Deathtouch, Lightning Greaves to protect Alesha
- Some backup reanimator plans, in case Alesha gets hated out of the game and it's hard to cast her.
Then I would generally focus on kinds of cards that you'll generally need, like Removal (for creatures/artifacts/enchantments, etc.), Card Draw, Ramp (in Mardu this is going to be a lot of artifact ramp), and Utility (stuff that doesn't quite fall into the other categories but is useful).
5 months ago
5 months ago
I just saw your deck on the front page.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 13 | 8 COMMENTS | 1783 VIEWS | IN 4 FOLDERS
There's a few things that I've learnt in playing feather. the main thing is that it has to be an all in build. So the goals are to protect it at all times.
also a few nice ways to add now that paradox engine is passed is to build in some blink. it works as protection and can work really well with Dockside Extortionist but even things like Duergar Hedge-Mage
The primer I linked has a ton more options to look over.
6 months ago
Check out my Alesha deck for some cool ideas, it’s only expensive for the mana base and tutor package. I’ve dialed it in where I like it and hopefully it will help others. Mirror Entity is a must have for a swarm strategy. Best lord ever! You need the two new talismans Talisman of Hierarchy and Talisman of Dominance you also need the Arcane Signet that came out. Really helps and is better than the Mardu banner. I always loved discarding my hand to Thought Gorger then reanimating Disciple of Bolas to draw a ton of cards. Key to the City is a perfect fit for Alesha. Cathartic Reunion , Tormenting Voice, and Thrill of Possibility are excellent filtering while hopefully putting cool stuff in the graveyard.
Goldnight Commander is a powerhouse when you reanimate a token maker guy.
I’ve tried to keep these suggestions budget friendly, hopefull they help you enjoy your Alesha deck. I love mine!
6 months ago
There are tons of dwarves and vehicles to go off of, but I'll list some I think are sweet to get you started.
Oh and Start Your Engines seems like it would be fun to run.