Creature — Dwarf Shaman
When Duergar Hedge-Mage enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Mountains, you may destroy target artifact.
When Duergar Hedge-Mage enters the battlefield, if you control two or more Plains, you may destroy target enchantment.
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Duergar Hedge-Mage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Duergar Hedge-Mage Discussion
3 weeks ago
All righty then. For your first time building a deck like this, not bad. Have a few cards for your consideration:
- Aria of Flame is absolutely insane in Feather. The fact opponents gain 10 life when it comes into play means absolutely nothing with how many spells you can cast per turn. Every opponent will be dead in a couple turns depending on how much mana you can produce.
- Ephemerate, Justiciar's Portal and Long Road Home. There are a few more that do the same thing. Reason I offer these is more protection for Feather plus more ways to bounce Dockside extortionist and dualcaster mage for copying spells. That and if you move a couple of creatures from your maybeboard with good etb’ssuch as your recruiter.
- Speaking of etb’s and blinking Duergar Hedge-Mage is reusable removal.
1 month ago
I think if you want to do a tribal deck, you can do that. I would pick though, between soldier/knight/warrior tribal because right now your payoffs are scattered about. Of the changelings, the two that I would keep in regardless of what you end up doing are Mirror Entity and Taurean Mauler. Mirror Entity itself is a wincon (get a big board, then make X huge). If you want to lean into Alesha's ability, I would target creatures to add in that have 2 or less power. So, if I were to break down that gameplan:
- Creatures that you want to cheat into play with Alesha, that otherwise have high casting costs/attacking restrictions, or creatures that have strong ETB effects so you can repeatedly abuse them.
- Ways to get creatures into the graveyard (either from hand or from the battlefield) so you can repeatedly abuse Alesha triggers:
- Some evasion effects for attacking and protecting Alesha
-Menace, Skulk, First Strike/Deathtouch, Lightning Greaves to protect Alesha
- Some backup reanimator plans, in case Alesha gets hated out of the game and it's hard to cast her.
Then I would generally focus on kinds of cards that you'll generally need, like Removal (for creatures/artifacts/enchantments, etc.), Card Draw, Ramp (in Mardu this is going to be a lot of artifact ramp), and Utility (stuff that doesn't quite fall into the other categories but is useful).
1 month ago
1 month ago
I just saw your deck on the front page.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 13 | 8 COMMENTS | 1783 VIEWS | IN 4 FOLDERS
There's a few things that I've learnt in playing feather. the main thing is that it has to be an all in build. So the goals are to protect it at all times.
also a few nice ways to add now that paradox engine is passed is to build in some blink. it works as protection and can work really well with Dockside Extortionist but even things like Duergar Hedge-Mage
The primer I linked has a ton more options to look over.
1 month ago
Check out my Alesha deck for some cool ideas, it’s only expensive for the mana base and tutor package. I’ve dialed it in where I like it and hopefully it will help others. Mirror Entity is a must have for a swarm strategy. Best lord ever! You need the two new talismans Talisman of Hierarchy and Talisman of Dominance you also need the Arcane Signet that came out. Really helps and is better than the Mardu banner. I always loved discarding my hand to Thought Gorger then reanimating Disciple of Bolas to draw a ton of cards. Key to the City is a perfect fit for Alesha. Cathartic Reunion , Tormenting Voice, and Thrill of Possibility are excellent filtering while hopefully putting cool stuff in the graveyard.
Goldnight Commander is a powerhouse when you reanimate a token maker guy.
I’ve tried to keep these suggestions budget friendly, hopefull they help you enjoy your Alesha deck. I love mine!
2 months ago
There are tons of dwarves and vehicles to go off of, but I'll list some I think are sweet to get you started.
Oh and Start Your Engines seems like it would be fun to run.
6 months ago
In every deck I have that contains the colors red and white, I have a copy of Orim's Thunder , but I am considering replacing it with Duergar Hedge-Mage . I cannot cast the mage as an instant, but it has a lower (and more flexible) mana cost, can destroy up to two permanents, and provides a creature that can attack and block, so I feel that it may be a better choice.
7 months ago
Hey, interesting brew combining Goblins with Aurelia. White gives you lots of good support cards for Goblins that red doesn't offer.
This deck's budget is very low. It's going to be difficult to make any real improvements without spending an extra $15, but a $15 upgrade could do a lot for your deck. Even a $10 upgrade can help quite a bit.
Good budget ($3 or less each) cards to consider adding:
- Battlefield Forge
- Command Tower
- Needle Spires
- Open the Armory : tutor for Skullclamp .
- Frontline Medic : repeatable indestructibility for your attacking creatures. Can be reanimated with Titan or Teshar.
- Talisman of Conviction
- Commander's Sphere
- Assemble the Legion : repeatable source of tokens.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Boros Charm
- Generous Gift : instant, destroy any permanent.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage : can potentially destroy both an artifact and enchantment. Can be reanimated with Titan or Teshar.
- Faithless Looting
This could be a about $15 upgrade. Tower and Forge are two Boros dual lands that ETB (enter the battlefield) untapped which is helpful in game play. Tower is one of the best lands to play in mulicolored Commander decks. Cut Plains for these lands.
Armory gives you more opportunity to get Skullclamp because it's is by far your best repeatable source of draw because of having many sources of 1/1 Goblins. Assemble can be another repeatable source of 1/1 tokens and if not dealt with by opponents can create a lot of value over the course of turns. Adding more mana rocks that can make white mana is helpful to be able to reduce the number of Plains in the manabase.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 6x Plains
- Sephara, Sky's Blade
- Battlegrace Angel
- Baird, Steward of Argive
- Sublime Archangel
- Archetype of Courage
- Angelic Exaltation
- Aerial Assault
- Tormenting Voice
- Wand of Vertebrae
- Sigil of Valor
40 lands is a lot of lands and when you have this many basic lands it's very likely you'll get consistently land flooded which is not fun. My advice is to reduce the number of Plains. If doing this then cut the casting cost cards because white is the secondary color, red is the primary color since you need lots more red for Goblins.
In my opinion Titan and Aurelia are the only worth keeping because they're six drops which makes it easier to have double white mana available when you want to cast them. Archetype of Courage is a good card, but having consistently for a three drop is not something you should have to worry about.