|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2011 Core Set||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Wizard
Sacrifice a creature: Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Viscera Seer Discussion
9 hours ago
My commander is just going to be Child of Alara because it provides a good backup if hulk somehow doesn't work.
My combo is this:1. get Protean Hulk in play.
Have it die blocking some guy's creature.
Now simply repeat the following:
13 hours ago
Lions' Eye Diamond is a powerhouse, in the same way any rocks are a powerhouse with Grenzo DD.
We don't cast DD with it, but we crack it in response to a successful DD cast. If DD is resolved, we're already all in. What LED does, however, is for 0 to ensure we can count it against our required land to plug DD. With something like Chrome Mox, or Mox Diamond, etc, we need BBB + both of those rocks to hit our threshold.
With LED, we can ensure we hit that threshold for using Grenzo's ability for 0. With LED, we need: BBB+LED. With almost any other rock/mana source (outside of the double taps like Crypt/Sol), we need BBB+Rock/Rock, or BBB+B(for ritual, etc). This means that we end up needing to cast more things.
Sure, the loss of the hand is regrettable, and we'd always prefer to keep that hand, but LED is another 0 drop to keep us firing on what we do best - win the race to go off. Without it, we just end up needing more cards/ramp/ritual that slow us down or affect our opening hand more. LED is probably one of the best rocks inside of a DD deck simply due to that - it ensures you only need to cast 1 rock to go off, not 2.
Victimize acts a a final backup for the KIZC pile, and while ending in a position that you need to wait a full turn to cast it probably means life is over for you, it does give you that sliver after a failed DD. Reanimate is certainly something you could consider in it's place. If you do, please let me know how it handles, especially after double removal.
Cards that are currently likely to be cut, as per my testing log if you're looking for cuts to add in a reanimate package:
1 day ago
3 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
3 days ago
I like the addition of Viscera Seer in place of 1xDimir House Guard. Not only is it a sac outlet, but setting up draws is important if you're not all in on the combo. It'll make the grindy games more winnable I think.
3 days ago
True, I noticed that sometime after writing. Need to update description, maybe think about 2x Viscera Seer.
5 days ago
Replacements:Extractor Demon, Kessig Cagebreakers, Overseer of the Damned, Pathbreaker Ibex, Satyr Wayfinder, Sepulchral Primordial, Verdant Force
6 days ago
Rotting Rats I think would be better. Again, the ETB thing is nice and Unearth gives you another way to get them in. Stronghold Rats is another card, since it will be guaranteed to hit. Sure its not "at random", but it also fuels yourself. I really like Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip. One really fun thing I did was sac Viscera Seer to itself, flip Lilly, then used her -X to return Seer. Or I mean you can do stuff like this at EOT, flip her and then hopefully use the +2 rather than the minus.