Creature — Human Pirate
If a source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals double that damage to that permanent or player instead.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , flightningf|
|Want (3)||jw560211_magic , fibion101 , Cool_Cat|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Angrath's Marauders Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thoughts on these? Ohran Frostfang, Toski, Bearer of Secrets, Arbor Elf, Voyaging Satyr, Farhaven Elf, Ilysian Caryatid, Fyndhorn Elder, Nantuko Elder, Krosan Restorer, Ogre Battledriver, Fiendish Duo, Angrath's Marauders, Avatar of Slaughter
3 months ago
4 months ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
5 months ago
I realize the synergy between Toralf and deathtouch, as if he has deathtouch then all he needs for lethal damage is 1 which means the rest is all excess damage, but if I was going to add it in, I think I'd add Basilisk Collar before Gorgon's Head and Gorgon Flail. I'll add them to the maybeboard for anyone else interested, though.
5 months ago
You might like these: Arcbond, Impact Resonance, Angrath's Marauders, Mirage Mirror, Delina, Wild Mage (can copy Toralf), Helm of the Host, Overblaze, Gorgon Flail, Gorgon's Head, Burning Anger, Grappling Hook
7 months ago
One of my suggestions from the Winota deck I recently built, is that not all of your non-humans have to be generated tokens. I would highly recommend something like adding a little more ramp to the deck (you're slightly under my personal, comfortable threshold, but that's all opinion when it comes down to it. I also have access to Ancient Tomb and Mana Crypt and such, so I'm really worried about getting to Winota as fast as possible. Like I said, personal preference). Anyway, I bring that up because there's a good opportunity in what you can add to your ramp package. Definitely keep your Sol Ring and Signets and what not, but I would highly recommend adding Ornithopter of Paradise, Gold Myr and Iron Myr. When you don't have super explosive hands, these dorks are good for tempo! Early game ramp, Winota procs later game. Other great adds are normal ol' Ornithopter and Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh. They seem like weird choices but they're literally free Winota procs. Super explosive in your opening hand. Goldnight Commander and Cathars' Crusade are great with Rograkh. If you add Rograkh, I would heavily consider Odric, Lunarch Marshal. Rograkh possesses 3 super valuable keywords, and it's pretty oppressive if you can spread it across your whole battlefield, again... FOR FREE. Also gotta mention Odric, Master Tactician as well for another great human target. Also, if you're running Goldnight Commander the best way to create absolutely silly amounts of damage is to add as many humans that create tokens. You have most of the ones I run already, minus Knight-Captain of Eos and Evangel of Heliod. Flipping Goldnight Commander into one of those cards or Captain of the Watch, into Angrath's Marauders gets overwhelming very quickly. And speaking of damage doublers, this deck needs Blade Historian and Combat Celebrant. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk lol
8 months ago
Taking something out of a deck is the most headache inducing activity ever with which I'll probably be of little help, however I can point you to some additions that you can make. (although, I would probably take out the spellbombs as well as stalking vengeance and nettlevine blight, because of their big mana cost) I have created a Kaervek deck of my own recently, and although I'm still in the process of perfecting it, it seems that a healthy diversity of creatures and enchantments is the way to go. Damage doubling creatures such as Angrath's Marauders and Sower of Discord are a must, as well as small but efficient pingers like Immolation Shaman and Scab-Clan Berserker, but arguably the most leg work goes to enchantments such as Furnace of Rath, Manabarbs, Citadel of Pain, Spellshock, Pestilence and most especially Havoc Festival. If you have the budget Master of Cruelties, Wound Reflection and Painful Quandary completely lock the game, with or without Kaervek being on the board. Toralf, God of Fury Flip would be great addition as well. Hope this helps