The Prismatic Bridge
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature or planeswalker card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
The Prismatic Bridge Discussion
3 days ago
Firstly, Loxodon in the room. This question isn't in the appropriate forum - it needs to go under the Rules & Questions one. However, every single time I attempt to enter the Rules Q&A section, the site crashes. Been doing that all day for me, so I have decided to post here instead.
Could an Admin / Mod move this to the appropriate forum for me? Thank you so much. I'll remove this first half once it's there - assuming I am able to edit it still, that is.
I was looking at The Prismatic Bridge and was considering options to build, and it got me wondering. What happens if the permanent I reveal is an MDCF with two permanent sides, such as Kianne, Dean of Substance Flip? Can I choose to bring either her, or her MDFC alternate side - Imbraham, Dean of Theory into play? Or is it only the side that is the "front" of the card?
Next, what if it is a card such as Call to the Kindred ? Suppose Kindred is enchanting Jadzi, Oracle of Arcavios Flip and I find Uvilda, Dean of Perfection Flip, who IS a Wizard. Can I instead put Nassari, Dean of Expression into play, who shares neither Wizard nor Human?
3 weeks ago
Hey, nice casual version of Ur-Dragon.
Your deck doesn't have an official Commander and Ur-Dragon is in the 99 main deck. In the deck editor at the end of The Ur-Dragon text add the CMDR tag.
The Ur-Dragon *F* *CMDR*
This will make Ur-Dragon the Commander, putting it in it's own Commander category and displaying an image of it's card.
Some steps you could take to increase the power level of your deck:
- Add a win condition combo with Dragons, Aggravated Assault + Savage Ventmaw .
- Add some counterspells replacing some removal spells, Counterspell , Dovin's Veto .
- Better ramp sources replacing some land ramp spells, Arcane Signet , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds .
- More creature tutors replacing some of the least good Dragons, Eladamri's Call , Worldly Tutor .
- Other ways to cheat Dragon onto the battlefield, Hellkite Courser , The Prismatic Bridge .
- Add cards to reduce the mana cost of Ur-Dragon, Jodah, Archmage Eternal , Fist of Suns .
- Cut Tri lands for Bond lands, Spire Garden , Rejuvenating Springs .
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hell yeah, enchantress stuff with Esika, God of the Tree Flip is cool stuff. We kinda went similar directions with limiting the pool of pulls, so we can always get relevant stuff (although I went a little overboard with it). Check it out if you're interested in maybe finding a new include for your deck, like I did with Wild Research .
Not sure if you're looking for suggestions, but I think that Arcane Signet may be more valuable than Sol Ring in this deck since getting up to WUBRG to cast The Prismatic Bridge to get the value engine running looks more appealing than having two more colorless mana to work with (even if Sol Ring is the ubiquitous and faster options for artifact ramp that doesn't cost a pretty penny).
2 months ago
Hey, well done with a high budget for Dragons.
Some cards to consider upgrading:
- Rhystic Study --> Vanquisher's Banner
- Smothering Tithe --> Crucible of Fire
- Court of Bounty --> Dragon Arch
- Esika, God of the Tree Flip --> Commander's Sphere
- Dragon's Hoard --> Darksteel Ingot
- Faeburrow Elder --> Frontier Siege
- Fist of Suns --> Expedition Map
- Rhythm of the Wild --> Taigam, Ojutai Master
- Hellkite Courser --> Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
- Goldspan Dragon --> Wasitora, Nekoru Queen
- Savage Ventmaw --> Tyrant's Familiar
- Dragonlord Ojutai --> Crosis, the Purger
- Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund --> Intet, the Dreamer
These upgrades range from $30 as the highest to less than $1, to give you many options. Smothering, Elder, Fist, Esika, Courser, Ventmaw and Goldspan all help to get Ur-Dragon faster. Dragons with effects to get Ur-Dragon faster are nice. Court of Bounty and The Prismatic Bridge are repeatable ways to cheat Dragons onto the battlefield for no mana cost.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Lol plakjekaas but by definition all cards released in standard sets are standard playable, as in legal. Just because some don't have faith in a card doesn't mean its unplayable in the format.
Maybe I just don't like the card, though I have jumped on the tibalt train myself, but cards like Tibalt's Trickery are the ones im talking about. To me this card was never designed for standard and I will not be surprised when it gets banned in standard.
2 months ago
Hey man thanks for the feedback. I knew this version wasn't optimal, just threw it together with what I have.
I agree that The World Tree has a place here.
I do plan on replacing garruk with Vivien once I get a couple. I think I will run a max of 3 The Prismatic Bridge though as a few turns are needed to setup anyway, I want to minimize my chances of multiples in the opener. Don't know why I hadn't thought of including Ugin, the Spirit Dragon here.
Thank you very much for the feedback, after testing this versionna bit I have faith that this can be a strong and competitive deck (for arena ladder at least). I look forward to your thoughts on the edit when it happens.
2 months ago
I really like the idea of The Prismatic Bridge as a buildaround, but I don't think this would be where it goes. My 50 cents:
- If The Prismatic Bridge is your buildaround, you probably want the full playset to make sure you find it consistently. I know you play a ton of "search" spells, but those are usually way too slow and clunky.
- Only being able to cast Bridge off of Dryad of the Ilysian Grove makes for a very inconsistent wincon, especially since you're only running 3 copies. I'd at least add The World Tree to the mana pool, if this is the way you want to go.
- Once you get the Bridge down, the creatures that it can hit will already be outclassed, as getting 1x free 3- or 4-drop a turn after turns 4-5 rarely does the job.
- There are some subpar cards, that you probably shouldn't include in a Standard deck, unless you're running on a budget or playing casual Magic - Garruk, Savage Herald and all the other walkers from PW-decks are purposely nerfed compared to the powerlevel of the main sets and Outmuscle is too expensive for what it does. Much better options are Blizzard Brawl and Primal Might .
- Don't run more than 60 cards in your deck, unless you're playing Yorion, Sky Nomad as your companion. It will make your deck more inconsistent and is not worth the (only slightly) better match-up vs. Rogues.
Honestly, I imagine that Bridge goes in a ramp deck that can make a 5-color mana base work, and has a lot of big boom-booms like Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Koma, Cosmos Serpent etc. If you want to stay mono-green though, I'd suggest you slant more towards a traditional green aggro deck, but with a bit higher top end like Vivien, Monsters' Advocate and Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider and then play 4x Dryad of the Ilysian Grove and 4x The World Tree to be able to cast The Prismatic Bridge consistently.
Hope that helps mate. Good luck with the deck!
3 months ago
The turn you cast the Bridge it does literally nothing.
The average creature CMC is somewhere around 3 mana. Bridge 's effect isn't necessarily going to net a ton of value if it procs and puts a 3 (or less) CMC creature on the field. On the blue moon when it hits a 4 or a 5 drop it'll be a worthwhile trigger - it's just unfortunate that i'd have to wait a whole turn to potentially get it.
Bridge is more oriented toward commander decks that run a large number of high cmc, big flashy creatures or maybe 5 color superfriends. In the context of Slivers - especially competitive Sliver tribal - there are far better options.
The Prismatic Bridge is a cool card with a very fun design. Thanks for bringing it my attention!