|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Recruiter of the Guard
Creature — Human Soldier
When Recruiter of the Guard enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature card with toughness 2 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Recruiter of the Guard Discussion
5 days ago
Might i recommend a few more cards...
- Sword of Fire and Ice draw in
- Umezawa's Jitte c'mon.. it's too good not to
- Land Tax gotta hit those land drops
- Inventors' Fair another tutor, or even the life gain to counter loss of life from Gwyn
- Dispatch is basically another path/swords here
- Open the Vaults , Faith's Reward , Brought Back , Teferi's Protection , Boros Charm as some good recursion/protection, brought back is great with fetch lands too
- Stonehewer Giant another tutor
- Dowsing Dagger Flip more ramp
- Buried Ruin more recursion
- Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots you have Leonin Shikari so why don't you have one of these?!
- Infiltration Lens / Mask of Memory more draw... Gwyn costs 6 so you might need some draw before then
- Recruiter of the Guard he's a soldier but finds most of your knights
- Austere Command / Tragic Arrogance / Toxic Deluge good wipes
- Necropotence / Phyrexian Arena more draw before Gwyn
- Demonic Tutor / Vampiric Tutor enough said
2 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Nice version of Feather.
Some staples that are within the budget to consider adding:
- Talisman of Conviction
- Tithe : cast it with Sunforger to tutor for Mistveil Plains .
- Open the Armory
- Red Elemental Blast
- Swords to Plowshares
- Aven Mindcensor
Some good cards for Feather to consider adding:
- Dreadhorde Arcanist : cast spell from graveyard, exile it with Feather, it doesn't goes to the graveyard so it's not exiled by Arcanist, recast spell with Feather.
- Aurelia's Fury
- Tenth District Legionnaire
- Niveous Wisps : draw.
- Fists of Flame : draw and pump.
- Titan's Strength : scry and pump.
Some lands to consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Sacred Foundry
- Mistveil Plains : combos with instants you cast with Sunforger to put them back into your library to cast them again.
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Sunbaked Canyon
- Rugged Prairie
- Clifftop Retreat
- Reflecting Pool
- Reliquary Tower
- Inspiring Vantage
- Ash Barrens
Cards in maybeboard to add if you have them:
Cards to consider cutting:
- Paradox Engine: is banned in Commander.
- Boros Cluestone
- Salvage Scout
- Tethmos High Priest
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal
- Archangel of Tithes
- Razor Barrier
- Spiritual Visit
- Hundred-Talon Strike
- Justiciar's Portal
- Crack the Earth
- Unwinding Clock
- Sentinel Tower
1 month ago
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is an great card to include for a mana doubler while being hateful. Recruiter of the Guard also fits well as a creature tutor to react to any threats. If you want to be extra hateful you could include Ramunap Excavator with more land destruction like Wasteland / Strip Mine to go with your Tectonic Edge / Ghost Quarter to pick at their lands each turn.
1 month ago
Very nice deck you got there. Please, allow me to give some input as a fellow cEDH player. First off, I see all stax cards in your deck there is but very few removals. Hence, I kindly would like to share some input on balancing the decks versatility.
Copperhorn Scout doesn't fly, is likely to die and doesn't add much to the deck since you already get to untap with your commander. I would rather suggest to instead add some removal in the form of Ulvenwald Tracker , which adds tremendous values combined with all the untaps
Ethersworn Canonist chances are that your opponents won't play a lot of spells due to Winter Orb ect... and you already got the best one of all ( Eidolon of Rhetoric ), therefore I would rather swap it for some better hate in cEDH which would be Spirit of the Labyrinth
Vryn Wingmare same goes here. I wouldn't play any stax pieces with CMC 3 or higher (too slow and you get better effects for same CMC). For 3 CMC can get Recruiter of the Guard , Eternal Witness , Knight of the Reliquary , Knight of Autumn , Banisher Priest / Fiend Hunter . Note: In your case I would go for removal effects, since you have only Gilded Drake . A Yisan deck would crush yours since it is not affected by stax (since it's a stax deck as well) and would tutor Ulvenwald Tracker and kill all your flyers and dorks.
Archon of Valor's Reach I think this is a classic win-more card which you don't really need to win the game. An alternative would be Gaddock Teeg . However, if you insist on having a high CMC mana drop that completely destroys the game board in your favor, I would like to introduce Willbreaker
Utopia Sprawl / Wild Growth : Since you are a creature deck I would much rather play the remaining mana dorks in order to have more hitters for untap triggers but more importantly, to not be affected by your own stax. Remaining dorks are: Boreal Druid , Priest of Titania ,
Nature's Claim since you are a creature deck and you will be slowing down the game tremendously, I strongly believe that Aura Shards is a better option to go with. It is recurrent and you are very light on removal. What can you do against a Cursed Totem or Humility ?
Tangle Wire I believe you don't really need this stax piece. It's one of the weakest and only holds up a very short time. Instead try for example Nature's Will - this has proven to be quite devastating. Or Living Plane if you seek to lock out all lands of your opponents together with Linvala, Keeper of Silence
Cyclonic Rift seems fine but could also be a win-more card. I presume you would cast this very late in the game and only as an emergency for 2 CMC. Hence, you can ask yourself if this card is really needed to win or if you perhaps would rather have another card that helps to set you up in the early game. I.e. Sylvan Tutor / Fauna Shaman ect...
I hope this was insightful to you. And no, I am not playing Derevi myself ;) But I do actually play a lot against it.
1 month ago
Otherwise, sweet deck!
1 month ago
would Recruiter of the Guard be good in this deck? I noticed imperial recruiter and wondered what it did differently.
2 months ago
+4 Enlistment Officer +3 Daru Warchief +2 Recruiter of the Guard +3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben -2 Gideon's Lawkeeper -3 Elite Inquisitor -1 Drogskol Shieldmate -2 Crusader of Odric -1 Revoke Existence -1 Odric, Lunarch Marshal -2 Odric, Master Tactician
2 months ago
Love the deck, any reason why we aren't playing Recruiter of the Guard ? Just as a good card by itself and part of the Aluren combo. Also, are Quirion Ranger and Scryb Ranger there to untap the dorks or is there also a combo that I'm missing?
Recruiter of the Guard occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%