Harness by Force
Strive - Harness by Force costs 2R more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Gain control of any number of target creatures until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.
|Have (2)||abritt , vashaclarens|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Harness by Force Discussion
2 months ago
I love Zada, Hedron Grinder one of my first few decks I built because it was budget friendly but still packed a punch. The removal that is available to you because of zada is actually pretty fun you can gang up on a single target with all your creatures: Go for Blood, Soul's Fire, Arcbond,Commando Raid, Deadshot, Swift Kick.
Also like Ramble said you can use steal effects and sac your opponents creatures to cards like Goblin Bombardment or Barrage of Expendables or your classic Phyrexian Altar. The good thing about the steal cards are you can use them on your own creatures to untap your board or give haste while they also serve to steal.
A few I'd recommend although I personally don't use them:
- Kari Zev's Expertise: Free Cantrips for the price of one!
- Hijack: Artifacts why not
- Harness by Force: Average but with Battle Hymn it has potential to be a budget Insurrection
- Bond of Passion: Pricey but with six goblins on the battlefield its like you're casting six Shocks
- Besmirch: Goad is good
- Traitorous Greed: Can be used for ramp
- Malevolent Whispers: Pump your team or steal
Looking at your decklist we more or less have the same cards which isn't surprising Zada is a pretty linear build if you do goblin tribal, but if you break away there are a couple fun things you can do such as Chaos Warp your entire board. I would cut Dualcaster Mage and Reiterate as they don't do much for Zada because Zada already does what they do but for free. Also Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip is great.
11 months ago
Even though you are primarily Giant-Tribal, you may still want to have a small suite of "Brion" cards.
Gift of Immortality is extremely good with Brion. I don't have one though.
Sigil of the New Dawn isn't the most efficient, but can be good.
I have a Serra Avatar too, which is the best Fling-able creature around. Evra, Halcyon Witness is great too, but I don't have one. It's cheap though. A Stalking Vengeance would double up Brion's damage, but I don't think I have one either. Reya Dawnbringer is way mana-expensive but can be useful with such pricey giants dying left and right.
Flameshadow Conjuring can be good with Brion too. I don't think I have one though.
Phyrexian Processor is one of the craziest pieces of Brion tech around. It's not too expensive--I would totally slide this card in, even if I was doing Giant Tribal. You can get blown out, but the payoff is enormous.
Another piece of Brion tech is Grafted Exoskeleton, if you wanna be dirty.
Since Brion isn't the center of the strategy, protecting him isn't at such a premium. Cards like Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves are still good for protecting your big giants though. It may be worth sliding some cards like that in, but since it's a casual deck you may get away with none.
I have a Cradle of Vitality on-hand. Might be really good!
If you have any more Threaten-effects, those are functionally creature removal with your commander out. Perhaps a couple of cards like that deserve a slot. Captivating Crew is fun because it's repeatable. Song-Mad Treachery Flip is cool because it's a land too!
There are many more.
Illusionist's Bracers is very good with Brion, even with less of a focus on him. Probably worth keeping in.
1 year ago
Hey bud, got a few things that may interest ya:
- Deadeye Plunderers - Gets bigger for every treasure/artifact you own and makes them. Big time synergy.
- Protean Raider - Cheap pirate mimic. Thematic win combined with flexibility.
- Spell Swindle - Treasure generation X Counterspell.
- Unspeakable Symbol - Instant speed counter distribution that costs no mana. Need to kill a bitch? Pay all your life into an unblocked scurvy boi. Need to save someone with Marchesa/save Marchesa? This has your back; highly recommended.
- Forge of Heroes - You know Marchesa brings herself back to life with her own ability too? You do now. This land ensures she's protected straight away.
Looking at your mass mutiny, I see you want to steal peoples things en masse. Here's some other suggestions for good cards of that ilk (Because frankly, they're pretty much alternate win cons/Marchesa steal opportunities)
- Mob Rule - Insurrection - Harness by Force - Press into Service - Reins of Power
1 year ago
Since goblins are very raider-ish and thanks to Ixalan are ACTUAL pirates (Or... pirate-adjacent?), I've elected to put in a "Steal your stuff, use it against you, then blow it up so you can't get it back" subtheme. Cards like Threaten , Harness by Force , Hijack , Frenzied Fugue , Traitorous Blood , Besmirch , Mark of Mutiny , etc. add some awesome flavour to the deck and sort of adds an element of flexibility and chaos that comes with always having different toys to play with depending on the decks you're playing against.
That, and the fact you can use them on your own Krenko to abuse his activated ability by untapping with him multiple times a turn! Kari Zev's Expertise is an amazing effect, because it lets you cast another 2cmc threaten effect from your hand for free, making even MORE goblins!
That's my take anyway. It also feels very goblin like to steal someone's toys, beat them over the head with them and then blow them up after they're done.
2 years ago
looking through other brion decks, have a couple of suggestions:
Phyrexian Processor - costs life once, makes large tokens to flink & gain life back.
Mimic Vat - token generator that can exile an opponent's (or your) enter play effect, then sling it with brion
Harness by Force - steal multiple creatures, can dial in as many as you need
Goblin Bombardment - backup sack outlet with no mana cost
Word of Seizing - because split-second is stupid-good against control
Cradle of Vitality - gain life equal to power? better amp up the next thing to chuck...
Orim's Thunder - a boros staple, disenchant + burn in one card is a good value
2 years ago
I thought of you right away when I saw this one, congrats. My musings, hopefully it's not all Captain Obvious:
You seem to have already picked up on it but Feather can recur spells on the end of each turn so Instants are a bit preferable (and Flash-enablers)
I'm not sure how Flashback & Jump-Start interacts with Feather's ability, but if it turn out to be OK spells with that are a bit less dependent on your commander being out since you can cast them once from your hand without her, and then safely recur them again once she's on the field. Some combination of Recoup , Past in Flames or even Jaya Ballard might also be used to enable the recursion of lost spells.
No Sunforger ? Seems pretty perfect here, for more than two reasons
2 years ago
Secondo me devi impostare il mazzo più verso il fare attaccare gli avversari tra loro e fargli perdere tempo per poi tirare fuori una finisher. Inoltre non hai nessun vantaggio dallo scartare, perché non hai cose come Liliana's Caress, wheels o carte con Madness, di conseguenza taglierei anche da quella parte. Quindi toglierei alcune delle carte tax che hai messo. Proporrei cose del genere:
- Harsh Mentor -> Again, una tax abbastanza gratuita che però ti rende il tizio fastidioso #1. Non è ciò che vuoi, ti servono cose più subdole. Tipo Hunted Dragon.
- Sire Of Insanity -> Spezza le tattiche a tutti, ma anche a te. Non lo ritengo utile, soprattutto perché non carte con madness, né carte sufficenti con flashback, emerge, ecc. Meglio un Combustible Gearhulk che ti fa pescare. In rosso. 6/6 first strike.
- Dark Ritual -> Non è forte come Mana Geyser. Se non sei un mazzo combo, non te ne fai nulla di una carta così.
- Hero's Downfall -> Ruinous Path e risparmi.
- Rakdos Charm -> Nessuno dei sui effetti è così utile, se non forse esiliare il cimitero, but then again... Bojuka Bog?
- Dreadbore -> Murder e risparmi.
- Vandalblast -> Costa davvero tanto. Fai tu, ma non vedo tutta questa necessità di spaccare tutto. hai già molto removal per gli artefatti, potresti investire quei denari altrove.
- War's Toll -> Heartless Hidetsugu è meglio non metterti un bersagio sulla testa grosso come war's toll. L'hidetsugu è più democratico.
- Worn Powerstone -> Citadel of Pain perché la Powerstone fa schifo. Meglio una carta che gioca contro chi vuole fare il cheesy. Oppure Talisman of Indulgence.
- Hissing Miasma -> Skyline Despot meglio avere più carte che ti rendono monarca che un side effect come questo enchantment. Se vogliono attaccarti, lo faranno comunque. L'unica ragione per cui invece Marchesa's Decree va bene è perché ti rende monarca.
Io tenterei di mettere tante carte che ti fanno rubare cose agli avversari, perché è un modo swag di rompere le balle. Ci sono così tante carte con questo effetto, che rischi di poter anche non mettere Insurrection, più che altro perché è difficile da trovare e costosa. Dico cose come:
- Molten Primordial
- Grab the Reins.
- Act of Aggression.
- Necromantic Selection.
- Mark of Mutiny.
- Traitorous Instinct.
- Captivating Crew.
- Mass Mutiny.
- Lose Calm.
- Might Makes Right.
- Press into Service.
- Conquering Manticore.
- Portent of Betrayal.
- Malevolent Whispers.
- Harness by Force.
- Limits of Solidarity.
Oltre a ciò, ti consiglio carte swag che sicuramente sono divertenti come:
- Null Profusion.
- Last One Standing mi fa veramente ridere. Swag.
- Nettling Imp è un fck you in particular.
- Vial Smasher the Fierce come cacchio fa a non essere già nel mazzo???
- Lightning Reaver è forte, inolte è quel tipo di danni che non ti rende target #1 da subito.
- Khorvath's Fury è red draw... hello?
- Fellwar Stone è ottimo ramp.
- Staff of Nin.
- Bitter Feud.
- Palace Siege.
Scusa se non ti ho commentato tutte le carte, ma sono un pelo di corsa. Ne possiamo piuttosto parlare quando ci vediamo.
3 years ago
Token generators for protection from attacks:Talrand, Sky Summoner and Docent of Perfection Flip i would say are must haves, Metallurgic Summonings, Goblinslide, Young Pyromancer,Murmuring Mystic, Dragonmaster Outcast,are also good token makers.
Mana ramping for casting more: Seething Song, Mana Geyser, Brass's Bounty i think are must haves since they're all sorcery/instant so they can be effected by your commander to cast for less. Chandra, Torch of Defiance is a another good planeswalker to get mana and now you can have both planeswalkers out with the updated rules from August. You should add Vivid Creek to go with your vivid crag.
Other cards to lower casting costs: Primal Amulet Flip is a must since it lowers cost of ins/sorc and then it transforms when you want to get a land that can copy a spell. Arcane Melee, Seal of the Guildpact, Ruby Medallion,Sapphire Medallion,Jace's Sanctum are also nice.
Cards that damage opponents: Electrostatic Field and Sphinx-Bone Wand i think are must haves since they deal damage for every inst/sorc casted. Banefire, Devil's Play are great since they have the (x) in the cmc which is great for mizzix since it counts towards what you want (x) to be and you can always get an extra counter for mizzex.
Merchant Scroll is a decent tutor
Great staples: Charmbreaker Devils is a must have for the returning of inst/sorc alone. Crackling Drake can get huge power. Hypersonic Dragon casting sorcery at instant speed is great. Structural Collapse destroy a land and deal damage, and if copy it, who wouldn't want that, besides your enemies of coarse.
Wincons: Reiterate + Turnabout and Grand Architect + Pili-Pala are infinite mana combos, add Past in Flames or any damage cards with (x) in it and its deadly. Enter the Infinite is nice to get your combo's. Harness by Force is great to steal your opponents creatures then attack them with it, it also gets affected by mizzix so if you have enough counters itll cost 2 red mana and 1red mana for each extra creature.
Hope these suggestions help.