Sarkhan the Masterless
Legendary Planeswalker — Sarkhan
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, each Dragon you control deals 1 damage to that creature.
+1: Until end of turn, each planeswalker you control becomes a 4/4 red Dragon creature and gains flying.
-3: Create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
|Have (2)||Taki117 , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sarkhan the Masterless Discussion
2 days ago
Here is some stuffs I think would fit great with your deck:
Dragonss---> Lathliss, Dragon Queen: Great for extra dragons. Nesting Dragon: Fantastic for adding board presence after a wrath. Intet, the Dreamer: Fun, big dragon that can get you fun, cheap dragons. Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Mean, but can get you leagues ahead after a few swings. Ramos, Dragon Engine: A bit pricey, but is an all-around great card. Morophon, the Boundless: Four mana Ur-Dragon ain't no joke.
Extras---> Palace Siege and Monastery Siege: These sieges can give you ridiculous value if left unchecked, also monastery siege is great when facing control strats. Fist of Suns: If you get this out with Morophon you can cast any dragon for free, also just a great card. Last one, Sarkhan the Masterless: Amazing defense card, who would dare swing into the might of dragons.
4 weeks ago
The problem with Sarkhan the Mad is that he is very complicated to use. You see, he costs five mana and his abilities doesn't help him. Let me break each one of them:
0 - It's a repeatable card draw "engine". However, it's pretty easy to just get him killed, specially in the deck filled with heavy costed creatures. Another thing to mention is that paying 5 mana for a card draw "engine" that won't necessarily survive until hte next turn probably isn't a good ideia.
-2 - Technically it's an ability that can work as a removal or a token generator... but in either case it's bad, at least in this case. You could sacrifice the egg or the Thralls to get a dragon and it would be very good valuewise, though Sarkhan the Masterless does the same. The latter not only can protect himself with his static ability but can also make a dragon and continue living after while also growing himself.
-4 - This one can end up winning the game on the spot but it's also situationa since you need at least a few dragons for it to be useful. Also, activating his first ability could end up making him unable to activate his last one.
Regarding the cuts, even though some cards are good you must realize that having multiples of some cards won't helpful, and that's the case for Bone Dragon . One of them in the deck is already good enough as you probably won't have enough cards in your grave to keep reanimating two at the same time.
Drakuseth, Maw of Flames is obsolete at this point. He doesn't add any pressure to the board since you have to wait for him to attack to activate his ability. Besides, 7 mana is kinda costly and triple red can hinder you in a Rakdos deck.
Only one Dragon Egg isn't enough for any kind of fancy strategies. That's another one down.
I'll think about some other things that could be changed. In the meantime, I have some lists that you could watch to understand dragon decks. Just keep in mind these take into account that these are from competitive formats and that's why they don't use some of the cards I suggested.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
I like the idea of the deck, but I would personally play it more control-based. if I had to add some sort of ramp I'd definitely go for Sylvan Caryatid and rather than duo lands I'd use more fetch lands. I may discredit myself completely here but... Evolving Wilds . Also dropping an island for Sarkhan Unbroken is an alternative. Sarkhan the Masterless is also a good card against aggro once you start having some board pressence, and tons of removals and board wipes. Languish if you have big enough dragons is a good option for removal. Also I'd reduce the number of dragons, With 3 Stormbreath Dragon , a full playset of Thunderbreak Regent and some huge threat like Atarka, World Render . Once you drop Atarka and have 2 dragons in play you win.
2 months ago
Here’s a list of cost reducers that are all budget cards that this deck would really benefit from:
- Dragonlord's Servant
- Dragonspeaker Shaman
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
- Semblance Anvil
- Nightscape Familiar
- Stormscape Familiar
- Sunscape Familiar
- Thornscape Familiar
- Thunderscape Familiar
- Bontu's Monument
- Hazoret's Monument
- Kefnet's Monument
- Oketra's Monument
- Rhonas's Monument
There’s 8 others but they can’t really be considered budget. Another card that is amazing in a dragon deck is Sarkhan the Masterless That static ability is amazing because the damage being done to the attacking creatures is dealt before any combat damage. So if you have 6 dragons out they would deal 6 damage to each creature attacking you before they get a chance to deal any damage themselves.
2 months ago
- Definitely mainboard all 4x Fires if you're going to play it. It's cheap in paper and just lets planeswalker decks go off. I honestly don't think you need all that many low-cost PW's.
- Narset, Parter of Veils could easily be a 3-4 of as she finds your other cards and keeps the opponent from drawing theirs.
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame isn't great, but she's a fun one, so 1-2 is probably fine. Her problem is that she needs something in your yard (and mana for it) to truly be effective. But being able to do some beats early is fine too.
- The Royal Scions seem to do next to nothing now, as they have no creature targets. Looting is fine, but definitely not exciting. They are probably expendable.
- Chandra, Fire Artisan seems fine as a card drawing machine, but Drawn from Dreams is also really good with Fires of Invention .
- Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God is another card that's amazing, as long as you can cast him, which Fires helps with.
- Putting a Sarkhan the Masterless in the sideboard gives you essentially 3 more hits in Fae of Wishes .
- When you play Fires of Invention + Fae of Wishes you no longer have to worry about the mana symbols of cards in your sideboard. You can add great bombs like Casualties of War and Planar Cleansing to it. They clear up most boards. You could even include cards like Garruk, Cursed Huntsman .