|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
World at War
After the first postcombat main phase this turn, there's an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase. At the beginning of that combat, untap all creatures that attacked this turn.
Rebound (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||rikertchu , Talistan , Tiddilywinkus , Antiat , geazykagar , Nemesis , Qolorful , Unlife , jwitzleben , Fullmetalmage , gildan_bladeborn , saj0219 , Swamy , , Oloro_Magic , Spinalripper , miracle , KillDatBUG|
World at War Discussion
2 days ago
1 week ago
1) Depends on your fast mana situation. My decks tend to run about 50-55~ mana sources, both lands, rocks, and rituals. My Sisay deck, for example, has 31 land but 24 additional mana sources on top of it (I kind of need it for Paradox Engine). 35 + 20 or so should be fine, really, since your Commander will be 6 mana.
2) Talisman of Progress should be in, and Mind Stone isn't bad either as it can be an extra card when you're 'comboing off'. Coalition Relic also seems pretty reasonable since it can +2 mana in one turn even if it is 3 mana. Grim Monolith, too. Narset needs more mana rocks that the typical deck now since you can't sculpt your hand with Vancouver mulligans and it needs to race to 6 mana ASAP in order to keep up.
3) I would personally run all of them except savor the moment, lol. Even Temporal Trespass.
4) Teferi's Oath is probably the best of the bunch, and if you get it for free then it's not bad. The new Teferi is probably much better than gideon of the Trials. Or Gideon Jura, for that matter. Just straight up drawing a card is good.
5) I dunno, probably 10-15. They shouldn't take up 20% of the deck because
6) No, it doesn't. Rest in Peace is a replacement effect, Tamiyo's emblem is a triggered ability. The card doesn't even go to the graveyard to trigger the ability of her emblem.
7) Spot removal should absolutely be in. Swords to Plowshares stops pesky creatures, and anything reasonably cost that gets rid of enchantments would be good too (otherwise how will you beat Food Chain). As for Wraths, just a few basic ones. Very few tier 1 decks actually rely on a mass of creatures, so in mine I just run like Toxic Deluge or something, but a simple Wrath of God or two wouldn't be bad.
Inexorable Tide probably won't be able to contribute enough to warrant its slot over, say, another extra turn spell. Even if you can put loads of counters on your Planeswalkers during a Paradox Engine chain, you can still only use them once per your turn (unless you have a Teferi emblem/Oath). Same goes for Djeru. For example, what does Inexorable Tide bring to the table that Omniscience or Enter the Infinite does not?
Anyway, a list of extra turn spells I would run in addition to what you have:
Extra combat steps are also extremely good with Narset. Some being:
Consider Omniscience and Enter the Infinite, because then you can, say, cast EtI off of Narset's trigger, put Omniscience on the top deck, cast literally any extra combat step card (Fury of the Horde works with 0 mana open), swing Narset again, cast Omniscience, and then cast every single card in your hand for 0 mana cost. With this, Bacon of Tomorrows becomes your top deck card every single turn, resulting in infinite turns in which you can tick up your Planeswalkers and swing with Narset for the victory. With Bacon, all things are possible, after all.
Anyway, long post. Hope it helps, lol.
3 weeks ago
Hi there nice work on the deck. I love these dinos. So fun. I have a couple thoughts for you to consider.
1) Sadly, Mage Slayer does not work with Gishath's ability because it delivers direct damage, not combat damage :(
2) I was surprised to see no tutor cards for pulling the premium dinos to the top of the deck. Worldly Tutor and Congregation at Dawn are both incredibly powerful with Gishath's ability. I always pull up Zetalpa, Primal Dawn because it's Flying and Indestructible.
3) Speaking of Flying, dino decks can struggle to block them. I see you added Dragonlord Dromoka, which is a good start. To further bolster the flying roster, I would replace World at War and Relentless Assault with Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Aurelia, the Warleader. Adding more creatures also works well with your numerous enchantments that benefit from creatures entering the battlefield.
4) Finally, I would suggest a couple more lands, 4-6 more ramp spells, and a few more mana rocks as well. With an 8 CMC commander that's critical to the deck's functioning, it's difficult to overstate the importance of ramp and hitting your land drops.
Best of luck with the deck and feel free to take a look at my Gishath build as well. Our decks overlap a lot with the damage amp sub-theme.
1 month ago
Cool idea to run Narset as token generator. Cathars' Crusade would make your tokens and Narset a lot bigger. A couple more extra attack step spells like Savage Beating or World at War help you cast more spells and make more tokens. Something like Mass Hysteria or Fervor or Hammer of Purphoros to give your creatures haste would allow them to swing during all the extra attacks as well.
1 month ago
Yeah this is a re-tuned version after playing it for 2 weeks after Rivals release including the release day. The specific reason I do not run utility lands is due to the Blood Moon and Blood Sun. I get them out consistently enough to make it not worth running any other lands. I also find most of them less useful than just having another mountain. If I get to swing with Etali, Primal Storm more than once it normally finishes the game. So the deck focuses on getting him out fast enough to evade many issues.
The only instant/sorcery cards that give extra combat phases that will work with Etali, Primal Storm are Savage Beating and World at War. The rest require being resolved during a main phase unfortunately. So if you add them all and include your lands those are all of the cards that will be useless off his trigger.
I do like the idea of Dolmen Gate it might be an add, for sure going in the maybeboard.
1 month ago
Just an FYI the only Extra combat sorcery/instants that Etali, Primal Storm can resolve are Savage Beating and World at War. The rest need to resolve during a main phase. The repeatable ones are great with untaps and stuff. Take a peep at mine if you want. Transient Currents
1 month ago
This is awesome. Take a peep at mine if you want. Transient Currents