Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
Legendary Creature — Angel
Flying, first strike
If a source would deal damage to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls, that source deals double that damage to that player or permanent instead.
If a source would deal damage to you or a permanent you control, prevent half that damage, rounded up.
|Have (2)||thirdwhirly , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight Discussion
21 hours ago
Archetype of Courage , Archetype of Finality , and the others but those 2 in particular. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight , Grand Abolisher , Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs , and Palisade Giant . Anything that goads or has indestructible is worth a look too.
4 days ago
1 month ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi, that is definitely an interesting suggestion, and I actually have been thinking that Pestilence Demon is too expensive to keep in this deck, since it is in this deck specifically to combo with Ankle Shanker , but that is a risky combo to execute without also having either Akroma's Memorial or Gisela, Blade of Goldnight on the battlefield.
1 month ago
Hey, nice changes. Boros Signet is an upgrade for Solemn Simulacrum which at 4 CMC is too high for a ramp source. You can abuse Sunforger with Mistveil Plains which is an upgrade for Temple of Triumph .
Some haste enablers to try out:
- Escape Velocity : Wyleth also works with auras and while they're not as reliable as equips there's some exceptions such as auras that can return themselves from your graveyard with escape.
- Lightning Greaves : is worth playing because of it's 0 equip cost. Just equip another creature before you want to add more equips to Wyleth and then when done equip Wyleth with Greaves.
- Ring of Valkas : after giving haste can grow Wyleth on your turn each turn.
The interaction of Puresteel Paladin + Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith is very good with Wyleth. Toggo creates equipment (Rocks) for free with landfall. Each time a Rock is created it triggers Puresteel to draw. Rocks help or three of them can activate metalcraft and can then 0 equip all Rocks to Wyleth.
Some other cards that could be cut for better options:
- Oblivion Ring
- Return to Dust
- Fires of Invention : only being able to cast spells during your turn is too much a drawback in Commander.
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
- Sword of Body and Mind : the worst Sword when opponents have 99 card decks.
- Luminous Broodmoth
- Osgir, the Reconstructor : needs it own dedicated deck as Commander.
- Zirda, the Dawnwaker
2 months ago
As a baseline, you'll need to add lands, which I'm sure you know. Since you're making Treasure and Gold tokens in this deck you'd probably be good with roughly 34-36 lands, leaning more to the most mana color you'll need, say like a 25/25/50 split if thats what you're going for.
While I do like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Tariel, Reckoner of Souls they have a high mana cost as most good Angels do, while Tariel synergizes well with your strategy she does have that randomness factor and would advise a more reliable and consistent option. Gisela speeds up the game. As a player this is good and accelerates the game, but as an opponent my first priority would be to get rid of Gisela and that paints an even bigger target on your back.
Restoration Angel is fantastic for your edict effects, at face value. You'd need to run flicker effects to really make it shine. Basandra, Battle Seraph seems really good, forcing people to attack is nice and it prevents players from casting anything in combat, however it means instant speed removal will be used before the combat step. This also stops you from casting spells in combat.
As for Human synergy, I really like Teysa Karlov , Thalisse, Reverent Medium , Queen Marchesa , General's Enforcer and Fain, the Broker . All of them work very well with the token strategy, especially Teysa and Thalisse
Things I wouldn't necessarily include are cards like Juri, Master of the Revue (as good as she is with Fling ), General Kudro of Drannith (incidental unless you go all in on the Human tribal strategy), Devout Chaplain (same reason for Kudro), or Dire Fleet Hoarder (basically a one time effect unless you jump through the Teysa hoop, yes it does give you a Treasure token, but at a cost of 2 mana and the creature dying).
As for Demons I really like the Archfiend of Depravity and Rakdos, the Showstopper , their mass sacrifice effects are wonderful, however Rakdos does effect your board heavily unless you play to his synergies, you wouldn't want Negan to die to his effect would you?
-When it comes to your Dragons, I think you hit the nail on the head, nothing I would really change or take out. Allows for Magda, Brazen Outlaw to have a decent outlet if you don't want an artifact.
-Finally, the other things you've got going. Dockside should just be an auto-include, albeit a heavy price tag, but if you can get one you should definitely include it.
Dark Impostor , while mana intensive is still a decent mana sink that can function effectively as targeted removal. Definitely keep your edict creatures, they are super useful and trigger Negan, and thats what you want.
Starnheim Aspirant is useful if you go super heavy into the Angel theme, but if you skimp on the Angel theme this could very often be a dead card.
Storm-Kiln Artist , I like this a lot for this deck, can be a beater, and generates value.
Vault Robber , seems bad, and bad to do. Synergizes with Magda and makes Treasure tokens, but thats really it... PLUS it requires you to have a creature in YOUR grave. I'd cut this, but if you have a reason to play it I'm not seeing immediately play it in your deck.
Viscera Seer , good card, good sac outlet, not much else to say.
Creatures I'd include based on what I've seen: Solemn Simulacrum , Burnished Hart and Mayhem Devil . Some good ramp and a decent damage dealer if you'd like to play a cheap one. Plus the Devil is great at just 3 mana.
Angelic Renewal is basically a one time effect. While good, there are better recursion spells out there, but this one does fit the Angel theme so thats really cool. :D
Aside from that, I think that's a decent spread of enchantments. Nothing to add really, love the inclusion of the Sagas and Revel in Riches .
- Shiny Impetus is good for token generation, but don't play a sacrifice creature to have that player just get rid of it, deceptively good and bad.
The Eldest Reborn is also another good saga to include if you want another edict type effect, and when it does go off you can get what you want from players' graveyards.
The three signets for your colors, Arcane Signet as well.
Panharmonicon to double up on edict effects.
- Approach of the Second Sun : Does provide you an effective way to win, very good card for a deck like this especially if the game goes long.
- Brass's Bounty . Love it, not much else to say.
- Contract Killing fits the theme and the flavor. Love it.
- Damnable Pact is good card draw for you, and useful against someone who flies too close to the sun.
- Debt to the Deathless / Entreat the Angels . While both good, is not something you want to draw into early game or open with. I would highly suggest playing less finisher cards like these, but if you wanna play em don't let me stop you.
- Killing Wave . Love it, super good.
- Necrotic Hex . Expensive, but great effect.
- Excavation Technique is actually a really good spell. Synergizes with Magecraft like WoTC intended and is deceptive for your opponents.
- Increasing Devotion / Finale of Glory . One of these is better than the other. I'll let you decide which is which.
- Heartless Pillage / Seize the Spoils . I really like both of these cards as spells and thematically. They work well for Negan and as spells for you to Pillage and Loot with as you please.
- Ruinous Ultimatum / Tragic Arrogance : Both are fantastic, especially as finisher spells. I'd make a point to include both so you have an option when you're ready to win(IE: Revel in Riches in play with a ton of creatures on board, its akin to vandalblasting with a lettuce on board).
2 months ago
If I may make a few suggestions Strionic Resonator / Lithoform Engine will double up your commander's trigger letting you dig for 14 instead of 7. Surge to Victory lets you infinite with any extra combat instants or sorceries if you're into that sort of thing and finally since you seem to be gearing heavily towards a doublestrike theme Gisela, Blade of Goldnight can make your commander effectively hit for 20 or 10 after he bodies blockers.
4 months ago
You might like these: Signal Pest , Copper Myr , Gold Myr , Guardian Idol , Scuttlemutt , Alloy Myr , Boros Keyrune , Fountain of Ichor , Thunder Totem , Tome of Legends , Slate of Ancestry , Captain's Claws , Gratuitous Violence , Gisela, Blade of Goldnight , Master's Call , Blade Splicer