|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|From the Vault: Relics (V10)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Stack and ability resolutions seem counter-intuitive, can someone please explain...
- Oblivion stone 2nd ability is activated opponent activates nevinyrral's disk .What happens? planeswalkers in play
- When a Bearer of the Heavens dies, does Marchesa and her friends come back?
- Mass Destruction and non indestructible permanents that give indestructibility
- Dramatic Scepter loops and the stack
Nevinyrral's Disk enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments.
|Have (8)||pskinn01 , bakeraj4 , sonnet666 , metalmagic , miracle , DrLitebur , awalloftext , jecder|
|Want (11)||Redmax185 , m1k3yaw , Sinael , icsvortex , Kagu11 , whitethunder8101 , Tomagotchi , Josh_theWizard , raefgall , gariox , emobob|
Nevinyrral's Disk Discussion
5 hours ago
xmistfitxzviprx any suggestions as to what to replace for Ancestral Statue ? I want to keep the curve where it is, so as for 4 drops to replace, I was thinking either Hedron Archive or Perilous Vault . The Archive is nice to have for additional ramp and some card draw, but 4 mana for 2 mana is slower than the rest. Whereas the Vault I am finding myself not casting it as much. I have thought about putting in Nevinyrral's Disk instead of Perilous Vault . What are your overall thoughts?
2 days ago
AJe11y, basing the mana curves off of TappedOut top 5 cEDH decks is unfortunately not the best way to gather data. If you check r/CompetetiveEDH, you'll find a phenomenal and widely agreed upon cEDH repository. 1.7 isn't very far-fetched. Here's a very popular and powerful list that does so: Breakfast Hulk. My personal project runs just under 1.8 (here it is -> Sydri, Aetherflux Genius [[Primer]]). Even higher average CMC control lists such as Tasigur Seasons Past / Season Pastigur sit closer to 2.
I understand your point about infinite mana, and can agree to it to enough of an extent to accept it. You haven't missed any tutors in red, as Gamble is about all you've got, but because of this is why i recommended the stax pieces ( Grafdigger's Cage and the like) to give you options to slow down the game in hopes to draw/tutor what you need. Graveyards are huge in the current meta (i.e. Hulk, Storm, and Pod), so any ways in which you may be able to stop them are beneficial. If you don't have a problem with ramp, Trinisphere and Thorn of Amethyst may work for you as well.
Ensnaring Bridge may be a nice card to cut because of the fact that most midrange cEDH swing with Tymna the Weaver , Najeela, the Blade-Blossom , and friends. Along with that Lightning Bolt can be a relevant sideboard card for you. Also, a sideboarded Boil over Nevinyrral's Disk can crumble mono-blue decks. Other cards that could help you filter through your deck more are Memory Jar and Forgotten Cave . Otherwise, the deck is solid and is very similar to how I would build it. The lines of play are also well explained and this is overall a very nice primer.
2 days ago
Thank you CyborgAeon and Hissp for the ideas. I added the list to tappedout, and added your suggestions to the maybeboard. Regarding the cards, I wanted to keep the spell count as low as possible because casting Demonlord Belzenlok can hurt quite a bit, in my opinion only the basic cards are there. A concen I have is that the only way to get rid of hate cards is Nevinyrral's Disk , probably adding a similar card is necessary. That being said, I haven't play tested the deck extensively, there must be a sweetspot of the number of non-land cards the deck can run before becoming too hard to combo off. Maybe lifegain cards can offset the problem?
Here is the tappedout-decklist:
Commander / EDH
3 days ago
I love Planar Bridge with Seedborn Muse . Use the bridge to find Muse on your turn, and get any permanent of your choice from your deck during each player's turn. Also Planar Bridge and Doubling Cube are both nice targets for Whir of Invention and Fabricate , which can also find Nevinyrral's Disk or Oblivion Stone when needed, or, in a pinch, Sol Ring .
1 week ago
I had a Karn, Silver Golem deck that was underestimated for a short time. Even 10-ish years ago there were dirty combos to play in it, lol. I did Darksteel Forge + Nevinyrral's Disk + Mycosynth Lattice several games in a row and since then I rarely get a game where I go unmolested for long. Doesn't matter what I play now but I deserve it, lol.
1 week ago
MoonHollow124 I'm really glad you like it. I would definitely include both those cards, maybe also some more removal. Perhaps Doom Blade . The main disadvantage of this deck, however, is if the opponent is running a lot of spot removal, so for that I would add some more targeted hand-hate in cards like Distress or more Duress . Also handling artifacts can be tricky in mono black, so maybe add a reset-button like Nevinyrral's Disk . Do keep in mind that this is a fairly casual deck, so if you are running up against decks like Izzet Phoenix or other really fast tier decks, you are going to struggle with this list. It is still fun to play though.
2 weeks ago
Hey, looks good, nice upgrade so far of the precon :)
$50 upgrade to consider (the main theme of these upgrades are cards that give you repeatable value)
- Tezzeret the Seeker : repeatable artifact untap, tutor/put artifact you search for onto the battlefield and can be a win condition with artifacts. Tezz is the most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but he really does it all for artifact strategies.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant : repeatable draw/graveyard enabler/artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Inventors' Fair : artifact tutor and life gain.
- Spire of Industry : rainbow land with an artifact or can make colorless mana.
- Great Furnace : red artifact land.
- Shivan Reef : Izzet Pain land, ETB untapped.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling or can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster : repeatable artifact tutor, sac Thopters/Servos to tutor for and put onto the battlefield an artifact.
- Sai, Master Thopterist : great repeatable value when casting artifacts, more draw with Thopters/Servos.
- Shimmer Myr : cast artifacts at instant speed, great with Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Goblin Welder : instant speed repeatable artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Treasure Mage : lots of good six or more CMC artifacts to tutor for.
- Memnarch : mana sink, turn your opponents permanents into artifacts and steal them.
- Bosh, Iron Golem : mana sink, sac artifacts you control to do damage to your opponents.
- Metalwork Colossus : good with Bosh since it can be recurred.
- Spine of Ish Sah : permanent removal, good with Bosh since when it dies it goes back to your hand.
- Nevinyrral's Disk : repeatable mass removal that's good with Planeswalkers since it doesn't kill them, can be reanimated or recurred since it's an artifact.
- Sharding Sphinx : army in a can with Thopters/Servos.
- Silver Myr
- Iron Myr
- Basalt Monolith : good with Tezzeret and Unwinding Clock.
- Hedron Archive : same as Monolith, but also sac to draw.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of no mana cost repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Brainstorm : instant draw three for one mana.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
sub780lime, personally I don’t care much for cards like Llanowar Elves and Elvish Mystic . Selvala, Heart of the Wilds could definitely replace one of those. But if you want a cool combo with that, keep one of those two to pair with Selvala for her ability, and with your Paradox Engine , you could cast a lot of spells and probably have a decent amount of mana left over, which you can always use on the Ant Queen . Undergrowth Champion is a good card, but it seems kind of extra here. Same for Nevinyrral's Disk and Sensei's Divining Top . I’d add a Crucible of Worlds in its place. Also, I think you have enough land search that you don’t necessarily need lands like Misty Rainforest . And as someone else stated, Rishkar's Expertise would also be here. But it’s ultimately your call, this is just what I’d do.
Nevinyrral's Disk occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%