Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Keeper of the Accord
Creature — Human Soldier
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player controls more creatures than you, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player controls more lands than you, you may search your library for a basic Plains card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Welcome to EDH! My first Magic deck was a Boros deck, so it has a special place in my heart. <3
Additionally, I would consider removing most of the Mentor cards and replacing them with more immediately impactful cards. Mentor takes a while to build up and each mentor creature only buffs one other creature at a time, meaning it usually takes a few turns to get enough out if it to secure the win. If this is a token deck, I would recommend adding some more token produced as well, such as Hanweir Garrison Meld and Leonin Warleader.
Also, you have very little card draw and ramp. My recommendation is to have at least 8 sources of card draw and 8 sources of ramp. Some ramp I would suggest is: Boros Signet, Talisman of Conviction, Mind Stone, Smothering Tithe, Keeper of the Accord, and maybe Cursed Mirror or Professional Face-Breaker. Some card draw I would suggest is: Esper Sentinel, Battle Angels of Tyr, Court of Grace, Jeska's Will, and Laelia, the Blade Reforged.
I highly recommend checking out sites like edhrec.com for deckbuilding advice, as well as the Command Zone on YouTube:
I hope this has been helpful!
7 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
8 months ago
While white can use a bit more help in the carddraw department I don't understand why people consider white to be bad at ramping. Especially nowadays. In addition to running mana rocks and ramp equipment like Sword of the Animist and Sword of Hearth and Home, white has access to 2 strategies that ramp through lands.
The first one is through a less lands matter ramp package. You can now have ramp cards such as Archaeomancer's Map and Keeper of the Accord and complement those with lands that set you back on land count while not setting you back on mana, like Lotus Field, Guildless Commons and Urza's Saga. Add Weathered Wayfarer to get those lands more often, and include lands that synergize with them, like Flagstones of Trokair and Thespian's Stage. It also makes Path to Exile a little bit better ;).
Another land ramp route you can take is through land recursion cards, such as Brought Back, Sevinne's Reclamation and Second Sunrise to rebuy fetches, although you need to run quite al lot of fetches for that to work.
Both those strategies are white ramping through lands. To my knowledge, black, blue and red cannot do that (apart from some exceptions maybe like Orvar, the All-Form).
9 months ago
This is pretty interesting deck, not going to lie. Though there are a few things about it that you could improve the deck with...
First of all is ramp, Mono-white absolutely sucks with ramp I know, especially with getting an 8 drop like Avacyn out, of course stuff like Land Tax and Archaeomancer's Map are good options, they may be a bit on the pricy side. Fortunately stuff like Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, and Monologue Tax exist and are relatively light on the budget, Knight of the White Orchid and Keeper of the Accord are also good options for mono-white to help get her out sooner. Also, since artifacts are the main source of ramp for mono-white, why not slip in Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, or Semblance Anvil?
Secondly, there is a lot of removal in this deck, namely single target removal. Avacyn loves boardwipes and similar effects over single target removal as she can protect her allies from them. Worldslayer and Nevinyrral's Disk are great non-sorcery forms of boardwipe that work wonders for Avacyn and Fated Retribution can be quite the surprise. Speaking of, Vanquish the Horde and Hour of Revelation are very strong boardwipes in commander considering the chance you can cast them for cheap is very often. Also, since Avacyn will be a big target to everyone, consider adding in Swiftfoot Boots for redundancy with Lightning Greaves.
Next, the angels. For the most part, these are some pretty good choices, but there are a few issues I can see. Restoration Angel and Angel of Glory's Rise are the biggest whiffs in the deck. As of current, the only human/non-angel creature in your deck they could target/effect (excluding tokens) is Starnheim Aspirant, not bad, but both of these prefer to be in non-angel tribal decks, namely flicker and human tribal decks respectively. Aside from them, look through your angels and note any beatsticks, or angels that only exist just to hit face, and consider removing them, three of them that come to mind are Serra Angel, Seraph of Dawn, and Baneslayer Angel. Consider changing them out for angels like Angel of the Dire Hour, Herald of War, Emeria Shepherd, Serra's Emissary, or Angel of Serenity as they provide utility in addition to being a beatstick. Also consider switching Akroma, Angel of Wrath out for Akroma, Vision of Ixidor for some added oomph for your angels.
Your lands are also pretty solid, but you aren't running anything that can take advantage of all of those snow lands. You have The Book of Exalted Deeds, why not slip in Faceless Haven that can, technically, become an angel and thus receive the book's effects? Speaking of, Search for Glory and Scrying Sheets are great cards with these snow lands as one can tutor out either a snow land or a legendary card while the other works well with Herald's Horn. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is basically free recursion in mono-white while War Room and Bonders' Enclave are nice card draw options in a color that lacks it.
9 months ago
Hi, just came to mind, playing against "edict" effects won't protect Light-Paws with color protection. A good idea is to include a few enchantment payoffs in the form of token makers, saccing a token won't hurt that much. Archon of Sun's Grace, Hallowed Haunting, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Ajani's Chosen or Keeper of the Accord can all produce tokens.
10 months ago
I really like your deck, hope you still work at it.
Is Keeper of the Accord the right card for this deck? There are chance that you spend 4 mana for a vanilla 3/4; and you need more than 3 basic plain for make it a ramp. I prefere Solemn Simulacrum over him. I don't really like Smothering Abomination, even if it seems make you draw cards. You can cut out Elenda, the Dusk Rose as well, 4 mana and for two 1/1 creature if you are unlucky.
From your Maybe list I like Bitterblossom, Deadly Dispute, Dusk / Dawn. Can Moon-Blessed Cleric be one more tutor for Anointed Procession? Do you ever considerate Goblin Sharpshooter? I'd like try it with Teysa Karlov. Speaking of goblins: Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Siege-Gang Commander but maybe they are for another kind of deck. Does Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker works with Flamekin Herald? Remainder text for Apex Devastator says: "Multiple instances of cascade each trigger separately", so maybe yes, you can double cascade your sorcery commander. For sure it doesn't work with Academy Rector. Purphoros, God of the Forge maybe is to much strong and turn all your opponent against you.
11 months ago
Major changes to compensate for Torpor Orb-Effects:
- Other Cards: